CDPRed INTERVIEWS AND MEDIA about CYBERPUNK

+
CDPRed INTERVIEWS AND MEDIA about CYBERPUNK

Searching through the posts, didnt see any too specific to fit the title, so I thought the best was to create a new one, where the new information that would come to surface in the form of formal interviews could be posted.
Here's an interview with gameplay designer Damien Monier and a writer (couldnt catch the name) for Cyberpunk 2077.
Of course, nothing groundbreaking is being revealed (as you can imagine) but some bits here and there.

http://www.gamertagradio.com/new/20...iew-with-cd-projekt-red-about-cyberpunk-2077/

Edit- BTW Interview starts at 16.00 min more or less. One of the "highlights" is they confirmed there's gonna be disctintive gameplay mechanics (different than the general game-mechanics) for the braindancing moments.

-----------------------------------------------------

04/0413
POSTING a transcript from an interview to Adam Badowski by Polish podcast Masa Kultury. The interview goes at length about the Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077, CDProject as a growing studio, the challenges and future of the RPG genre, Studios with a corporate or uncompromising artistic mindset, Mike Pondsmith as a character, and female/male character creation in CP2077. :p

The translation is the heroic effort of Kodaemon, an old witcher forumite, who translated it and transcripted it, which took him HOURS to do

The actual interview is longer, Im just copying the esentials and stuff related to Cyberpunk 2077. The link to the complete interview is
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index...75#entry959275

For those who don't know, Adam Badowski was Art Director for The Witcher, Project Lead for The Witcher 2, and now is Managing Director, and as such is overseeing both future CDProjekts' titles.

Enjoy... :)

Searching through the posts, didnt see any too specific to fit the title, so I thought the best was to create a new one, where the new information that would come to surface in the form of formal interviews could be posted.
Here's an interview with gameplay designer Damien Monier and a writer (couldnt catch the name) for Cyberpunk.
Of course, nothing groundbreaking is being revealed (as you can imagine) but some bits here and there.

http://www.gamertagradio.com/new/20...iew-with-cd-projekt-red-about-cyberpunk-2077/

Edit- BTW Interview starts at 16.00 min more or less.

There is excellent thread on polish version, you could use link to update. http://www.cyberpunk.net/forum/pl/threads/50-LINKI-Cyberpunk-2077-w-mediach

Btw, that writer name is Rafał, He didn't say his last name

Interview starts at 17.48...some of the questions made me chuckle a bit,so this game is not particularly for PC...interesting.

so this game is not particularly for PC...interesting.

Not at all encouraging. Before, they couldn't contain themselves talking about how PC oriented TW2 was. Turned out that wasn't entirely true. But now we get 'its not particularly designed for PC?'

Not at all encouraging. Before, they couldn't contain themselves talking about how PC oriented TW2 was. Turned out that wasn't entirely true. But now we get 'its not particularly designed for PC?'

In4 EA!

Sorry could not help myself, to tell the true I like it better when companies are more honest, there is nothing wrong with that. He said that maybe because it must be a multi-platform game?

I've been spoiled by companies like Egosoft and Larian who say, unequivocally, 'yes this is a PC game, designed for PC.'

No biggie. I know it's meant to be multi-platform

I've been spoiled by companies like Egosoft and Larian who say, unequivocally, 'yes this is a PC game, designed for PC.'

No biggie. I know it's meant to be multi-platform

As you say, we know it isn't a PC exclusive, so no biggie there.
I also wouldn't read too much into what was said in the interview, as it was an answer to a question rather about "designed for PC" rather than an unsolicited comment.

well essentially they will make it great for us PC guys. Remember they are the guys who (atleast I) first heard who didn't believe in using the word 'port' but adaptation (and actually doing it). Besides today there are very few out there who actually focus on the PC version, Ubisoft, Square Enix and even Bethesda to name a few (as far as I can say). Worrying about certain usage of words doesn't make sense, rather wait for what more they have to say

They have said it was going to be multi-platform from the start... not sure how this is news to anyone.

I hear the grumbles, and don't quite understand them... Being multi-platform means they make more money. Granted, it also means you have to deal with the limitatiosn of the x-box... but if its made for the computer, then adapted for PS4 or whatever and X-Box, it should be that bad of a deal... yes x-box will get an inferior copy, and Playstation users probably will too (though this is debateable, as at the time of release, PS3's outperformed all but the most high end PC's). But in the end, it should all be good.

judging by the 'leaked specs info' of both the new xbox and playstation, they are nothing compared to most high end PCs today.
and yeah, they said like over a year ago that all future releases will be multi platform so there is no big deal in it.
And ppl crying over this just turn out to be (blind) fanboys, I always believe a good game should be enjoyed by all, and it nets the devs more money and glory too. I hate the exclusive shit. If you can do more in a particular platform, then go do it, not because you favour one but because it is possible in it and not in the others. That should be the reason. Not everyone will share this ideology, well if everyone were capable of thinking this world would have been a better place right?

SOme good stuff. A little worrying. "Non-PC" typically means simplified control scheme, quest markers, tec. We'll see.

The interviews and media are tracked roughly in the FAQ. If this gets stickied and maintained, though, I'll happily stop doing that.

Sounds cool how style matters some. Wonder what cool they'll do with new conversation system and create your own story sounds cool but in the end it's still computer game with all the limitations.
Also big fan (lazy)of passive upgrades/skills so hopefully there are still some of those.

IGN article said:
“The main problem is that the original system is based on dice rolls. When you think about Cyberpunk you think about shooting, action, a lot of explosions. But that doesn’t fit dice rolls in a video game. We want to make it more action-like – there will be a system that lets you use active skills actually in the gameplay in a shooting sequence or something like that, rather than just passive skills like in the books.”

Here's another rant:

It's weird and frustrating at the same time that almost everything they say about the game sounds pretty neat, and makes me rub my hands together "oh boy, oh boy oh boy", but every time they open their mouth about combat, which will likely be a large part of the game, my boner dies immediately. Lots of action and explosions, and possibly some boring as fuck bullet-time bullshit; stuff we see in every damn game these days? That's how it reads to me.

I know I complain a lot about this, but I would very much like to like the combat aspect of the game, in an RPG kind of way, rather than feeling it being that horrible arcade gimmick that abrubtly jams between the (supposedly) cool stuff and that I just want to get over with as soon as possible before it bores me out of the game.

I don't think about shooting and lots of explosions when I think about cyberpunk; and I don't even think about action. I think about decisions that may save my life (or kill me), I think about considerations of the situation, is the risk worth it, what would my next move be; not about fast paced epic mess with a ton of stuff going on simultaneously where I have to react to all of it at once and my survival is a measure of how fast I can mash LMB and WASD (+ other possible keys in the combination) in the right order.

I wish CDPR went ouf of their way for more conceptual approach for combat rather the usual action gimmick. Dicerolls are not "superboring" if you handle the systems right.

Of course I might be pulling all these interpretaion out of my ass just because I'm a natural cynic, but I've yet to read anything comforting about this subject.

Being fast paced is exactly what combat in Cyberpunk 2020 is all about; you've got your solos with their augmented REF and high Combat Sense, all hopped up on combat pharmaceuticals, getting the drop on the enemy long before his synapses even have time to fire. Not necessarily explosions, but the firepower is definitely there.

Trying to represent those superhuman reaction times without using something like bullet time would be impossible. Your reflexes aren't anywhere near as fast as those of your character. How then could that very crucial part of Cyberpunk 2020 be incorporated into the game, if not by some similar method? Should the game be remade into something that Cyberpunk 2020 isn't, and such combat be removed from it completely? The problem with that would be that it would alienate most Cyberpunk 2020 fans.

Whatever Cyberpunk 2077 ends up being, if it's true to Cyberpunk 2020, then it has succeeded.

Top Bottom