cdprojektred who are you trying to fool LOL\?

+
God_of_Eredin;n8661320 said:
So at the end of the open beta, I had close to 250 cards. Very close to a full collection and able to craft all the decks that were used in the tournament from each faction. After the reset, I had 320 some kegs. I've spent about $200 on this game because witcher 3 was amazing.

After opening all the kegs after reset, I got about 264 cards, and 1656 duplicates. These duplicates were worth about 5000 scraps. at 800 a card to mill that's 6 extra good cards.
So you have challenge mode which unlocks 10 leaders. That helps a very small amount.

So here I am with 264 cards out of 634 possible.

By including the animation cards with the rest, it's way more difficult to be where we were at prior to the end of the open beta.

Considering most games are $60, you are basically wanting $600 for the ability to construct any deck, or essentially $600 for a full game.

On top of that, you offer a measily 5 scraps for a good game? So someone has to play damn near 160 games just to have enough for a good card. Yes you get kegs, and daily rewards and the like, but people have lives, other games to play, etc. They aren't going to play gwent every day.

Really wish I had the time to stick with this game but just entered in to ranked mode and already disgusted with this sceme to make 10x the amount off the user base for a complete game. What will it be once the open beta ends?

Another refresh with more cards where peoples collection after opening all their kegs from the carry over result in 200 of 1000 some cards? GTFO....

1.U failed to mention the amount of free kegs that u got during the closed beta. Playing only 2 daylies gives u an average of 3 kegs. If u played CB for 3
months thats already 270 more kegs u had.
Naturally u used some of these cards/scraps to get to your 250 cards collection.

2. U'r mentioned 634 cards, thats wrong. Since every card has animated version that is really the same card the math should be 634/2=317 cards. So u
got 264 out of 317 cards after opening ur kegs in the public beta, while at the end of CB u had 250 cards out of 292. Isn't that about the same
percentage???

Maybe the fact that u spent so much money brings u to expect that u should get more but i really think u got ur money worth back. Personaly i didn't spend any money on CB and had about 230-240 cards (excluding premiums). Naturally i have much less now after opening about 60 reward kegs from rank and lvl but i don't feel cheated at all.

Last edited:
i reached rank 13 in CB without spending a dime on the game. i think it is one of the most generous games in term of rewards. I opened 55 kegs in Open beta and i was able to form a very decent wild hunt deck as the kegs gave me caretaker, caranthir and ciri.
the only problem now is that if the meta settled on different decks than mine and i started struggling heavily to win, changing decks to match the meta will be a pain the ass

So at the end of the open beta, I had close to 250 cards. Very close to a full collection and able to craft all the decks that were used in the tournament from each faction. After the reset, I had 320 some kegs. I've spent about $200 on this game because witcher 3 was amazing.

After opening all the kegs after reset, I got about 264 cards, and 1656 duplicates. These duplicates were worth about 5000 scraps. at 800 a card to mill that's 6 extra good cards.
So you have challenge mode which unlocks 10 leaders. That helps a very small amount.

By including the animation cards with the rest, it's way more difficult to be where we were at prior to the end of the open beta.

Considering most games are $60, you are basically wanting $600 for the ability to construct any deck, or essentially $600 for a full game.

On top of that, you offer a measily 5 scraps for a good game? So someone has to play damn near 160 games just to have enough for a good card. Yes you get kegs, and daily rewards and the like, but people have lives, other games to play, etc. They aren't going to play gwent every day.

Really wish I had the time to stick with this game but just entered in to ranked mode and already disgusted with this sceme to make 10x the amount off the user base for a complete game. What will it be once the open beta ends?

Another refresh with more cards where peoples collection after opening all their kegs from the carry over result in 200 of 1000 some cards? GTFO....

One suggestion for you: Never, EVER play a beta again. Btw I constructed every card in every deck last season (closed beta) without spending a dollar.

Your whining doesn't sit well with anyone here nor does it accomplish anything

Oh boy it's a other pay to win thread. I really try to be nice and gentle because I really like the Gwent community but that's a topic that really make me a bit uneasy.

I played 5 games today agains some hardcore complete decks with great gold and still manage to win with my almost starting deck using Geralt and Triss. So much for I must pay to win.

I think you are mad because you paid and didn't win yet ;-) you paid but still didn't get all the card you want. That's why you are mad.

Go and try other games out there.

heartstone: WIN 30 games for a card pack. Get nothing if you lose and lol say GG as much as you like. You still don't get anything if you play.

the elder scroll legend: play 30 poison card go get 25 gold. ( you need 100 for a pack) so I can try to play 20 games with my normal poison deck or
Troll my opponent and build some useless poison deck for farm.

magic duels: WIN with a special deck or play special cards to get 20-40 gold ( 100 for a gold pack) so I must play decks and cards I don't like to get my reward... Also matches take ages to finish.

Duelyst: actually pretty good reward system. Yes, you still play decks you might not like but you don't have to win. Just play for fun. Play 4 games and get. 40 gold ( 100 for a card pack)

shadowverse: you get 8 cards per card pack but also. You must win or you get nothing. There is a log in reward system but you need to log in for that least 5 day to get enough rupies for one card pack.

Faeria: Had a really good system. They let you buy the complete card set with every card ingame. But they get rid of that for well greedy reasons.

Last edited:
Yesterday I opened 4 kegs and got 2 legendaries. Yeah suck it up LOL.
It is more about skill. I have known people spending hundreds to buy kegs but I, a f2p player, can smack their ass easily.

I agree with the OP, it's way too steep now, especially for a game which would still be fun even if everyone was owning all the cards. They can make premium cards very difficult to get, who cares right? But the non premium, should be pretty easy to get considering the fun is in metas and faction vs faction plays. It kills the free to play experience in my opinion.

What are you expecting exactly? That's how the genre works, you won't find other monetization models around here. And considering gwent is plenty generous i don't see the point in complaining. You either like the genre with it's pro and con or you don't and search for something else instead.
As for "refresh", aka wipe, there won't be any more since the game is now open to anyone at anytime.

Ive spent zero money and i already have a full ST deck and been owning against players that wasted 100+ euros to buy kegs.The only one thats fooling himself is probably you.

This PB is more like latest hearthstone version, scissor, rock & stone game. The key factor isn't your skills anymore, it's the faction you'r facing during a game. And I'm sure they reduce the possibility of getting leg & epic

BinayBear;n8666910 said:
This PB is more like latest hearthstone version, scissor, rock & stone game. The key factor isn't your skills anymore, it's the faction you'r facing during a game. And I'm sure they reduce the possibility of getting leg & epic
Oh really? That looks like an excuse to me.

Over 1600 duplicates would mill over 8k scraps.....and that's assuming all those scraps were only worth 5, which I find rather unlikely. If you can't make at least a couple of competitive decks with over 200 cards and roughly 9k scraps, I don't really know what to tell you

yes u are rly fools.. i got 29 kegs from closed beta lvl 20 rank 9. no money spend yet. have a reveal NG and spy NG deck + 2 NR decks. disenchantet 6 Gold from other faction that i dont play to craft good cards.

dont know whats ur problem is. unlike hearhtstone, u can only have 4 Gold and 6 silver in ur deck. So u dont need to much to spend for a deck. And u get leader for free that u can disenchant too for 200scraps, if u dont need they atm. and u DONT need they all atm.

Well..people got the kegs back.so it really wasn't wasted money.

I played for 6 months and did the grind because I wanted to test and play the closed beta..not to card collect.
The card collection just came with it over the amount of time.

Don't regret any time spent either.
On top of that ..I also played and beat 6 other games in that amount of time.and built a website and other Web stuff..
Plus I run my own business and work 40 plus hours a week. It's not like for 6 months I sat in mom and dads basement playing gwent non stop lulz

Faustus800;n8662180 said:
Magic starter box for 17 bugs and magic.
5000 Cards Collection for 50 Bugs.
Here is another 1000+ Card Pack for 18 Bugs.
You realy want to compare online CCGs to the classics?
What do you get for 17 bugs in Gwent?
Also in classic CCGs you are able to change Card with other players, play for them or whatever. No Scrap-System needed.

Did he just try to compare digital vs real MTG? These attempts at trying to justify what cdprojektred is doing are not working on me.

The_def_star;n8662350 said:
In MTG starter boxes a little than less than half the cards are land cards. So out of the 285 cards 100 are lands cards. You are not going to get all the cards in the collection out of a starter box of MTG. The best cards are in booster packs. Those are around $20 for 6 packs. Also that ebay link a lot of those cards are out of the meta and can't play in tournaments. Regardless the premise is the same with physical card games with Gwent a digital card game. You need to invest your money in the game to get cards you want or need. Unless you get some hand me down cards I don't see how you can even play a physical CCG for free.

Stop talking about MTG, I was using moxes and black lotus when you were in diapers. My first deck was 20 black lotus, 20 channel, and 20 fireball back when the cards were cheap. I literally broke the damn game, and then got PAID for doing so once the cards went up in value. Wizards of the west coast inadvertily paid me for breaking their game, by making black lotus rare. I was selling unlimited black lotus for $1000 a pop for an easy $20k, and now they are worth over $4000 a piece. lol I should have waited.

Fast forward to this qwent game and I've only lost 1 game in ranked so far. It's hilarious because these guys are using there monsters meta weather decks and they are just not working on me. Do their tears taste amazing? Yes, but for $200 spent I should be able to craft more than one decent non meta deck. Why should they only be allowed to get owned by one deck and not multiple decks due to not having more cards? How is that fair for them? The whole point of a beta is to experience as many play mechanics as you can to let the devs know what to change. How am I going to do that if I'm only playing 1 deck?

Last edited:
God_of_Eredin;n8668890 said:
Fast forward to this qwent game and I've only lost 1 game in ranked so far. It's hilarious because these guys are using there monsters meta weather decks and they are just not working on me. Do their tears taste amazing? Yes, but for $200 spent I should be able to craft more than one decent non meta deck. Why should they only be allowed to get owned by one deck and not multiple decks due to not having more cards? How is that fair for them? The whole point of a beta is to experience as many play mechanics as you can to let the devs know what to change. How am I going to do that if I'm only playing 1 deck?
You don't get how this genre works. That's fine. But complaining is pointless. You either accept how it is or move on. Your pointless complain won't get you anywhere.

DMaster2;n8669090 said:
You don't get how this genre works. That's fine. But complaining is pointless. You either accept how it is or move on. Your pointless complain won't get you anywhere.

I'm ranked in the top 10 in the world right now. Unless you are higher than that, suffice to say that you know even less about how this genre works relative to me.
When a top 10 player starts complaining about something, the most sensible thing for one to do is to nod their head in agreement. I'm right, you are wrong. It happens. Chalk it up as a well learned lesson and move on.

God_of_Eredin;n8669490 said:
I'm ranked in the top 10 in the world right now. Unless you are higher than that, suffice to say that you know even less about how this genre works relative to me.
When a top 10 player starts complaining about something, the most sensible thing for one to do is to nod their head in agreement. I'm right, you are wrong. It happens. Chalk it up as a well learned lesson and move on.

You're in top 10 (I guess, didn't check) while the majority of players didn't even get to level 10 yet, nice achievement.

Also, you joined Closed Beta to help CDPR test their game, not to collect cards. You knew they'll get wiped.

Top Bottom