Changing weather ?

+
Changing weather ?

I'm now at my 3rd play (plus several half/partial plays to test mods), and my big, HUGE, concern, would be now about weather.I can figure game takes place in Poland or not far, and as I never went there till now (and now that my grandma rests in peace, I can no more ask her about her youthness ..), I don't know about local weather. But ... rain, even storms, everyday (ingame days) ? Rain, storms, more than half the duration of the day ? It's abusing :)So, wich file (extracted from wich .key / .bif file) can be changed to get a bit more rain and storms ?

CPCMad said:
So, wich file (extracted from wich .key / .bif file) can be changed to get a bit more rain and storms ?
It doesnt appear to be any one file, I could be wrong on this but I will give you my thoughtsThe .mod files are commpressed like a .bif file. They can be extracted with NWN Hakpak editor.They contain primarly files with .git and .areOne possibility is this: The .git file calls for a given template file, found in _templates00. Such as amb_weather001.utsThis appears to be ambeint sound to me rather then a a control file for the weather.The other possiblity is the .are files found also in the .mod file.In looking at any of the .mod files we see a string of descriptors such as WindPower or AreaProperties. The problem with editing this file is that the controls for these descriptors are a series of numbers such as0.1:50:0.1:80:0.1:1200;21:00-0.1:50:0.1:80:0.1:1300;06:00-Not only does this file have to be edited with a hex editor, but the controls are so none descript it would be hard to accomplish anything of use.And if I am correct you would have to set the controls you wanted to change for each area (There are hundreds) which is whould be impractial at best.In short this might be a Offical Toolset issue.

Thankfully Geralt is immune to coming down with a bad cold from being constantly soaked by all the monsoons. In Oblivion, modders came out with a "nice weather" mod pretty quickly, because apparently the same Rainmaking Weather Gods were offended there as are offended in Vizima. I'm surprised all the knights haven't rusted solid.Is it that developer have a rain fetish? I would happily take up modding, if only to improve the weather.

Rain doesn't drop my frame rate (but that crowd in Trade QUarter - Daytime, does) .. This was just a personal feeling ;)

I agree about the amount. If the game rendered floods, washing hookers, beggers and everything else down the alleys piling into giant masses of rotting meat then it would make sense. There's enough rain to make a small ocean, but never even a puddle of water. Just another SOD breaker.

I am looking forward to a rain mod. I get that it's supposed to rain a lot in Vizima, honestly. But the incessant rain hides the beautiful graphics.

itis possible! you just need to make all the rain textures transparent, aswell as most of the fog and cloud effects..and voila! you got allways nice weather :beer:

Top Bottom