Combat Thread - General

+
Yeah I was never a fan, rules-wise. How does the static field distinguish between user and target? Can it handle multiple targets? What about burnout and EMP side effects if used? How does it integrate with cyber and weapons systems? Etc.
Doesn't effect the wearer, was a harness worn under clothes, as for effects it was settled by GM, but it could randomly effect any electronics devices in the players pockets or using. Normally if it was used. I wouldn't let it effect higher tiered tech, and then whenever it activated roll for damage to low tier tech, most only rockerboys/girls, used it. Only ran 2 games with it.

Doesn't effect the wearer, was a harness worn under clothes, as for effects it was settled by GM, but it could randomly effect any electronics devices in the players pockets or using. Normally if it was used. I wouldn't let it effect higher tiered tech, and then whenever it activated roll for damage to low tier tech, most only rockerboys/girls, used it. Only ran 2 games with it.

Yes, but WHY doesn't it affect the wearer? Magic? How does the field know? It's a field, not a directed effect. Are you grounded? What about contact feedback for melee strikes?

I mean, a GM can fix all this, but it still needs to be fixed - and remains very "hand-wavey."

Yes, but WHY doesn't it affect the wearer? Magic? How does the field know? It's a field, not a directed effect. Are you grounded? What about contact feedback for melee strikes?

I mean, a GM can fix all this, but it still needs to be fixed - and remains very "hand-wavey."
Very true, sadly a lot of the gear in Chromebooks had some, shifty leave it up to GM tech. I never messed with much of it, if i hadn't looked through my chrome info today to help a friend out i would have completely forgotten about it.

Very true, sadly a lot of the gear in Chromebooks had some, shifty leave it up to GM tech. I never messed with much of it, if i hadn't looked through my chrome info today to help a friend out i would have completely forgotten about it.

Mmm. There were a couple of really...wtf...pieces..like a cybermodem suit ( built into clothes) for 7800eb. YIKES. Just geta cellular deck in an armored casing.

The EBM Carfaxx was hilarious. Why?
Drumsticks with interface cables..smartsticks. Just..no.

Shower in a Can was cool but also ugh.

Then we have..Skate Feet. Yes, rollerskates in your cyberfeet. Pleaseno.

Those are just a few from Chrome 1, too.

And of course there were lots of super cool stuff. The Jack-out chip for netrunners who don't want to, you know, die.

Sleep Inducer for quick naps on set.

Voice-activated remote smartgun link for your weapons.

Personal Body Alarm - the Militech version of the TT card, for your security team.

PAcesetter 2000 Sportheart - and the divided heart, too, makes you way harder to kill.

Most of this stuff did make for some cool fights. I'd like to see it factor into 2077 combat at least a little.

Hope there is some crazy stuff in 2077, just for reason's which brings up the question of, removing said Cybertech in 2077

More like Cyberpunk meets Star Wars with D&D thrown in ... ummm ... Shadowrun?

Mmm. There were a couple of really...wtf...pieces..like a cybermodem suit ( built into clothes) for 7800eb. YIKES. Just geta cellular deck in an armored casing.

The EBM Carfaxx was hilarious. Why?
Drumsticks with interface cables..smartsticks. Just..no.

Shower in a Can was cool but also ugh.

Then we have..Skate Feet. Yes, rollerskates in your cyberfeet. Pleaseno.

Those are just a few from Chrome 1, too.

And of course there were lots of super cool stuff. The Jack-out chip for netrunners who don't want to, you know, die.

Sleep Inducer for quick naps on set.

Voice-activated remote smartgun link for your weapons.

Personal Body Alarm - the Militech version of the TT card, for your security team.

PAcesetter 2000 Sportheart - and the divided heart, too, makes you way harder to kill.

Most of this stuff did make for some cool fights. I'd like to see it factor into 2077 combat at least a little.

We have some WTF-tech IRL too though, so I see such things as inevitable. Do you know that old saying, "Just because you can doesn't mean you should?"? The unspoken corollary there is, "Just because you shouldn't doesn't mean people won't!". So think of the foolishness as adding enough reality to enhance immersion, and learn that schadenfreude can be enjoyed FPP if you simply embrace the horror.

So think of the foolishness as adding enough reality to enhance immersion, and learn that schadenfreude can be enjoyed FPP if you simply embrace the horror.
I laugh at humanity all the time.
Beats crying.

We have some WTF-tech IRL too though, so I see such things as inevitable. Do you know that old saying, "Just because you can doesn't mean you should?"? The unspoken corollary there is, "Just because you shouldn't doesn't mean people won't!". So think of the foolishness as adding enough reality to enhance immersion, and learn that schadenfreude can be enjoyed FPP if you simply embrace the horror.
So true it hurts, people will do what people will do,and buy anything they think they need (they really don't need)

From what i saw near the end of the demo we will be able to use melee weapon augments. But will we be able to melee our way into the world from the start? Or do we have to rely on guns until we can get our hands on melee upgrades?

I have too say I am disappointed. personally one of my biggest pet peeves in FPS is the unlimited arsenal. and here we are... just another FPS with a character walking around with every gun they can find. in the RPG every character had a carry limit. but hey to hell with realism its a video game. you will have to excuse me as a fan of the Original RPG , I loved the game for its brutal realism. and I am disappointed that we will not find that here.

I have too say I am disappointed. personally one of my biggest pet peeves in FPS is the unlimited arsenal. and here we are... just another FPS with a character walking around with every gun they can find. in the RPG every character had a carry limit. but hey to hell with realism its a video game. you will have to excuse me as a fan of the Original RPG , I loved the game for its brutal realism. and I am disappointed that we will not find that here.
We don't know anything about the game's inventory system. The demo was designed to show off as many mechanics as possible, so of course the character was able to carry a bunch of stuff.

Kyle Rowley mentioned that combat in Cyberpunk is fast, lethal and brutal which is pointing away from bullet sponges. Then again we can 100% expect that from bosses, it’s a no brainer.

Nice, fast, lethal and brutal. Does anybody know how they are planning to add brutality? Fatalities? Gore? Kill shot? Kill shot would fit to Cyberpunk, your opponent is on his knees, you walk to it and smash his head off with your cyber arm and take a selfie of course. I wonder if social media is in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom