Concerns about the game's quality

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised with all the graphics bickering in this thread.
I thought we all liked role playing games more than graphics.

The 35 min video we saw is more than good enough for me as far as graphics are concerned.

It's almost 2015 and if your role playing game has sucky,ass,uninspired,shit graphics, then I won't be interested in playing it.
I think the 35 min demo looked good too, but if they can make it look & play even better before its final release then that's Great!

Hey folks, just wanted to share with you a statement that Marcin released to us regarding this situation. Hopefully it clears things up a bit :)

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/10/06/cd-projekt-no-downgrade-the-witcher-3

I'm sorry, but it's absolutely ridiculous that the CDPR community manager addresses the concerns of the community OUTSIDE of their own official forum. I stood up for them in my previous post, but this has certainly disappointed me. He also doesn't address why those particular screenshots look different AND the comments made by this "source". To add insult, one member of their team finally comments with a completely irrelevant remark.

Sorry for being pedantic, but this just rubbed me the wrong way.

To add insult, one member of their team finally comments with a completely irrelevant remark.

I shouldn't mention then that said member of the team was the community manager himself,hm?

Not about TW3 but VERY relevant to the issues being discussed in this thread.

[video=youtube;I-QPOUqI6Ww]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-QPOUqI6Ww[/video]

He pretty much nails it with the statement, that we as gamers wants the %&#¤ to stop with platform uniformity and the games should look as good as possible on the platforms we as players decide to play on.

Now I know that CDPR have been out stating that there will be now downgrade and that gives butterflies in my belly as I as a PC gamer want the best possible experience my platform can deliver and that's why I thought this video was relevant to this thread.

Yep, not about TW3 so it's off-topic in this thread.

Excuse me but isn't the very topic we are dicussing in this thread not the very issue happing here with AC:U - downgrading - platform uniformity? Watch Dogs has been discussed and Ubisoft along with that game as examples about those issues.

And besides it is not the point that it's AC:U it is happening to now but the issues that he raises in his video (did you even watch it?) and as I stated under the video; Platform uniformity - that we as gamers want the games (not only AC:U) we buy to play the best as absolutely possible on the platform we choose to play on. That we will not be content with aiming at the quality the weakest platform can acheive when the platform we play on can do so much more.

This is in my view very relevant to this thread as it has been mentioned in this thread, other threads about the same issue and in interviews that CDPR is AIMING at making the graphical experience shouldn't be that different no matter the platform. That makes it very much a TW3 issue....

The real problem is that the average gamer always has to whine about games, about prices, about policies, about everything indeed. And with no exception whatsoever WITHOUT having any of the technical and "political" knowledge to analyze certain situations. Without having any clue on what is programming, what means to program for PC and consoles, to make a software which runs well everywhere without having issues with Sony and Microsoft & friends, cause if the game is beautiful on PC and not optimized for consoles everyone complains; if it runs well on consoles and sloppy on PC, everyone complains; if it'optimized on every platform let's start complaining, cause it could have been done better. Even worse, after complaining the average gamer still spend hundreds of €/$ on games and hardware, which is not showing great protest :D However I think that making games is a bit like politics, everyone talks like he's master of something he doesn't really know and developers cannot please every request. If they really cared about everything we were saying there would be no game whatsoever at this point, so no one would be talking about this supposed downgrade (which I personally do not see because I don't have, like everyone else out of the development team, the means to judge).

Still bear in mind that every developer has the interest to make his best at delivering us the best experience. With few exceptions given by the fact that gamers complain but still buy: gamers are to blame for breaking the system and buying STUPID GAMEZ. But in this case I trust CDPR because they have a good attitude towards the player, they not care only about profits (but they care, and it's perfectly normal and legitimate) but the support their produts in the best ways. The bar is raised pretty high for TW3 so it may be difficult to keep up with all the expectations. But it was the first and only game I have preordered: this was not done by me only for the game itself, but as a support and to say thank you to CDPR for previous games and all the patches released, DRM and everything. Critics and appreciations for TW3 will be made after many hours of playing the title: I think that judge a project (not only this one) which involve many people, a generous amount of money and years of development by some screenshots before release is just.. LAME.

Of one thing we can be sure, this won't be stupid game. If you don't trust me, trust him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnI9shQWk7k&feature=youtu.be&t=8m49s

AMEN :D

It doesn't matter, he didn't address the community directly himself.

Maybe he just felt it wasn't needed. I for one don't feel he owed us anything.

I think he talked a bit about the downgrade issue on the Polish side, so I guess he did address the issue on the forums. :p

Of one thing we can be sure, this won't be stupid game. If you don't trust me, trust him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnI9shQWk7k&feature=youtu.be&t=8m49s

AMEN :D

HAIL THE BLACHA!

I'm sorry, but it's absolutely ridiculous that the CDPR community manager addresses the concerns of the community OUTSIDE of their own official forum. I stood up for them in my previous post, but this has certainly disappointed me. He also doesn't address why those particular screenshots look different AND the comments made by this "source". To add insult, one member of their team finally comments with a completely irrelevant remark.

I see nothing at all wrong with this situation. Can you see the timeline here? A member of a gaming news site emailed the Community Manager here about the issue over the weekend, got a response, posted it, the response is there for all to see (btw this all happened on a Sunday - presumably everyone involveds day off, and you can't even manage a thank you). Later the author of the site posts a link to the article in this relevant thread and immediately after the Community manager makes an appearance. He doesn't need to say anymore. His very appearance confirms for us - if anyone needed it - that the gaming news site holds an official statement - WHICH IS FAR MORE THAN WE CAN SAY ABOUT THE SITE WITH THE ANONYMOUS LOSER THAT FUELLED THIS RUBBISH AND YOU'VE LET WIND YOU UP *cough*cough* sorry about that.

I say it again that so called source deserves Zero recognition, why should anyone respond to something so anonymous? Do you expect devs to constantly reply to every spurious comment on every website? I never talk to anyone about my business without knowing something of their identity, I certainly never take anyone seriously in real life who wears a mask. Indicates a Coward at best.

Have something to eat mate, put your feet up and relax, everything is just fine & dandy !

did you even watch it?

I didn't, why the hell would I? Did you think to articulate your issue yourself?

So lets see... they've answered already., but it's still not enough for some people... and clearly no matter what they do there going to be someone with frigging lockjaw...

I didn't, why the hell would I? Did you think to articulate your issue yourself?

So lets see... they've answered already., but it's still not enough for some people... and clearly no matter what they do there going to be someone with frigging lockjaw...

There is no real reason for using that kind of language sir. I can understand you perfectly fine without you or any other for that matter have to use that tone. And good for you that you think they answered the issues you had and you don't think it's therefore relevant to discuss anymore if others are still concerned. Then don't participate in the discussion by all means or at least do so in a civilized manner.

The fact stil remains that CDPR has stated that they are aiming for that there shouldn't be any comparable difference graphically between the platforms. Now they say that there will be no downgrade. Can they make their mind up you think? If the latest screenshots and the difference between the first gameplay trailers and those that follwed is anything to go by it certainly seems like the graphical quality is downgrading.

And if you bothered to look you will see that I started out by defending CDPR until I dug deeper after one in this thread posted some relevant screenshots and I found some statements by CDPR that seem contradicting to each others and very much spoke platform uniformity.

But fair enough if this turns into a shoulder padding club of CDPR with no real concerns or questions about the above mentioned issues isn't allowed anymore. Or issues t only get I don't F%&¤%# want to watch it then I shall withdraw from the discussion. I can after all find better things to do with my time that being yelled at.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with the language I used don;t be so hyper sensitive, and I never had an issue at all concerning anything the REDs have done lately. But I told you before, I don;t have a reputation for being particularly nice about it when they do approach a fuck up (oh look theres some bad language now... apologies!). This thread is drowning in reasons from many sensible people why there is no issue. The fact that some people are still foaming is just plain bonkers, or trolling.

@OliverDK
What conflicting statements?

Whenever someone asked them at E3 and other interviews about how they're treating each platform graphically they've always just tried to be really PR about everything and make generic, "We're trying to give everyone the same experience no matter which platform they play on" statements.

The other statement has generally been the whole, "But we're trying to push every platform to the max".

I honestly wouldn't be worried at all about CDPR pulling something Ubisoft-Tier in terms of Console Parity and the only reason I can see that happening is if they are somehow really terrible at optimizing the PS4 version being that it's their first attempt at Playstation and they aren't as familiar with OpenGL compared to DirectX. I'm not sure where "conflicting statements" is coming from in regards to consoles and graphics, they've just always tried to be super PR about everything.

Come now fellas let`s turn it back a notch please . Typing text is a brilliant way to be misunderstood . I read that in someone`s signature . We can agree or disagree with someone`s post but we can do it respectfully .

Nothing wrong with the language I used don;t be so hyper sensitive, and I never had an issue at all concerning anything the REDs have done lately. But I told you before, I don;t have a reputation for being particularly nice about it when they do approach a fuck up (oh look theres some bad language now... apologies!). This thread is drowning in reasons from many sensible people why there is no issue. The fact that some people are still foaming is just plain bonkers, or trolling.

Yes according to you the questions have been answered. Yet I didn't get mine answered. You can't just take a discussion where you are satisfied with the answers given to the questions you find relevant and then assume everybody else should be on your pace or haven't had other questions.

The issues about platform uniformity hasn't been answered. It's a issue CDPR has raised themselves by stating there will be no difference between the platforms or at least that is what they are aiming at.

And I am not hypersensitive, I just don't think anything I have said deserved that kind of tone.

Last edited:
@OliverDK
What conflicting statements?

Whenever someone asked them at E3 and other interviews about how they're treating each platform graphically they've always just tried to be really PR about everything and make generic, "We're trying to give everyone the same experience no matter which platform they play on" statements.

The other statement has generally been the whole, "But we're trying to push every platform to the max".

I honestly wouldn't be worried at all about CDPR pulling something Ubisoft-Tier in terms of Console Parity and the only reason I can see that happening is if they are somehow really terrible at optimizing the PS4 version being that it's their first attempt at Playstation and they aren't as familiar with OpenGL compared to DirectX. I'm not sure where "conflicting statements" is coming from in regards to consoles and graphics, they've just always tried to be super PR about everything.

In other threads on this site about similar concerns to the issues raised in this thread other users have mentioned that CDPR have stated that they are aiming at that there should be no real difference graphically between the platforms. In a interview with Jose he says something about along the lines that they are trying to acheive a similar experience across the platforms when the interviewer asks the very question about that the PC is superior to the consoles in terms of graphics.

Have something to eat mate, put your feet up and relax, everything is just fine & dandy !

Don't talk to me so condescendingly. If you'd read my previous post on the matter then you'd see I was fully supportive of CDPR, albeit sceptical because it's common-practice within the gaming industry now-a-days to mislead customers with false advertising. CDPR are more deserving of trust than the vast majority of developers out their, but they are still a business.

Since it appears as though I need to state it, I am also very appreciative that they've taken the time to address the concerns being discussed here. I'm sure they must have had to discuss it internally before making a move. HOWEVER, I just think it would have been much more personal for the community manager to directly communicate with us, rather than having to find out through some site I've never even heard of. Nothing is certainly owed to us, but since a lot of us here are die-hard supporters...reassurance isn't exactly too much to ask for.

But anyway, as you said, it has been addressed. We'll wait and see what happens, I guess. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom