Concerns about the game's quality

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about the troll, I care about the poor quality of the last batch of screenshots compared to what we saw before.

Whatever, I'm fucked anyway, I plan to play this beautiful game in no-so-beautiful consoles :(

Just found this out, too excited to see if it was already posted. This is kind of alarming news.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-studio-responds-to-crunch-accusations/1100-6422841/

Apparently someone on the inside is saying CDprojekt is bullshi**ing us about the visuals in this game. There's a massive thread on it here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905447&page=10 where there have been some recent screenshot comparisons and honestly.... these new screenshots being posted up in neogaf look like playstation 3 graphics, I kid you not.

............come on CDProjektRed, tell me I'm wrong. You're the LAST group of pc developers that I explicitly trust at this point. ALL others have failed. Don't disappoint me and the rest of the community with overhyped visuals. DELIVER IT.

Last edited:
Just found this out, too excited to see if it was already posted. This is kind of alarming news.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-studio-responds-to-crunch-accusations/1100-6422841/

Apparently someone on the inside is saying CDprojekt is bullshi**ing us about the visuals in this game. There's a massive thread on it here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=905447&page=10 where there have been some recent screenshot comparisons and honestly.... these new screenshots being posted up in neogaf look like playstation 3 graphics.

............come on CDProjektRed, tell me I'm wrong. You're the LAST group of pc developers that I explicitly trust at this point. ALL others have failed. Don't disappoint me and the rest of the community with overhyped visuals. DELIVER IT.
Yes, everybody already posted that, and it's a great big pile of bullshit.

At best, he's a disgruntled ex-employee looking to vent. At worst, Neogaf f**ked up, which isn't unheard of.

It's not bullshit, the naysayer was verified as legit on neogaf.

More quality game journalism. Reporting on vague allegations made by an anonymous person who just disappeared after two posts.

It's not bullshit, the naysayer was verified as legit on neogaf. Those new screenshots from cdprojekt from twitter look like crap.
A mod on a website that makes its money from paid memberships who probably wants to keep up the reputation of "Neogaf is a leakers heaven" and to spark more traffic. Isn't it odd how this "Insider" showed up right at the moment where everyone had doubts about one new screenshot? Isn't it odd that he disappears after two posts that are written badly and sound like something anyone could make up with the current climate of gaming? All he said was "They're in crunch time" Which isn't anything strange for a game company and "It's bullshots" which is something people would quickly believe due to how many companies do it. CDProjektRed hasn't ever released bullshots and I doubt a game they have shown actual gameplay of will be the one they do it on. What proof did he give this mod? How do we know this mod can identify fake documents, pay stubs, etc? How do we know even even gave anything to the moderator? Neogaf is a site where you can get banned for disagreeing with the hive mind and has a noticeable strong bias towards certain companies. I hardly view their moderation staff as trustworthy.

More quality game journalism. Reporting on vague allegations made by an anonymous person who just disappeared after two posts.

A mod on a website that makes its money from paid memberships who probably wants to keep up the reputation of "Neogaf is a leakers heaven" and to spark more traffic. Isn't it odd how this "Insider" showed up right at the moment where everyone had doubts about one new screenshot? Isn't it odd that he disappears after two posts that are written badly and sound like something anyone could make up with the current climate of gaming? All he said was "They're in crunch time" Which isn't anything strange for a game company and "It's bullshots" which is something people would quickly believe due to how many companies do it. CDProjektRed hasn't ever released bullshots and I doubt a game they have shown actual gameplay of will be the one they do it on. What proof did he give this mod? How do we know this mod can identify fake documents, pay stubs, etc? How do we know even even gave anything to the moderator? Neogaf is a site where you can get banned for disagreeing with the hive mind and has a noticeable strong bias towards certain companies. I hardly view their moderation staff as trustworthy.

I can see the latest twitter screenshots, you can, he can, that guy behind you can, everyone can, and they don't even look xbone worthy. Say what you want, fake or bs or whatever.... those screens don't lie. Those are ugly as effing hell lol.

I can see the latest twitter screenshots, you can, he can, that guy behind you can, everyone can, and they don't even look xbone worthy. Say what you want, fake or bs or whatever.... those screens don't lie. Those are ugly as effing hell lol.
The only ugly one is the wolf one. Which clearly shows the Nvidia fur and Geralts hair physics not even being used which means it's probably an early as hell build.

The only ugly one is the wolf one. Which clearly shows the Nvidia fur and Geralts hair physics not even being used which means it's probably an early as hell build.

Why would they show screenshots of something that bad, very recently ???

First off we don't know what platform the screenshots was taken from. Second off the game is still in development and more than four months away from release. Lastly there's a 35 min long demo that you can download for perfect quality which admittedly doesn't look as good as the first couple of trailers, but CDPR has stated that it is from an old build of the game that have since been improved and still is being improved. So I think you can rest easy that the game will look just fine at release. :)

Why would they show screenshots of something that bad, very recently ???
Why would EA/Bioware put out screenshots of Dragon Age: Inquisition having massive clipping and an elf floating in a tree? Because they're a busy company and they probably don't have a sit down on what screenshots are best to put out. Whoever takes these shots probably loads up a stable build and takes shots of the areas they are told to and the marketing boys put them out. Maybe I'm wrong on this but that's my guess on the inner workings of this. All the other shots look good to me and are nothing worse than we've seen before

Why would EA/Bioware put out screenshots of Dragon Age: Inquisition having massive clipping and an elf floating in a tree? Because they're a busy company and they probably don't have a sit down on what screenshots are best to put out. Whoever takes these shots probably loads up a stable build and takes shots of the areas they are told to and the marketing boys put them out. Maybe I'm wrong on this but that's my guess on the inner workings of this. All the other shots look good to me and are nothing worse than we've seen before

don't be delusional. Those twitter screens look awful man. Absolutely light years away from earlier ones they released.

I'll be the first one to step in front of an internet bullet for these devs, but I can't deny how awful these screenshots look. I already pre-ordered and don't intend to cancel either.

Now you've got a guy on neogaf vetted saying not to even pre-order it. I mean, damn.

Last edited:
don't be delusional. Those twitter screens look awful man. Absolutely light years away from earlier ones they released.

I'll be the first one to step in front of an internet bullet for these devs, but I can't deny how awful these screenshots look. I already pre-ordered and don't intend to cancel either.
They don't. Please see TheCyberPunked's post on this page

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...me-s-quality?p=1426046&viewfull=1#post1426046

"Now you've got a guy on neogaf vetted saying not to even pre-order it. I mean, damn."

Why do you keep holding this guy in high regard? He made two vague posts and disappeared. Because some mod who has no reason not to say "He's for real"?

Also, you seem to put more faith in this guy's word than CDPR's word. If CDPR would turn out to not be truthful with what they said then there would be a whole lot of trouble. I'd trust them due to them even making a statement on this more than this random guy.

Last edited:
Anybody who know anything about games should realize that any screenshots (GOOD OR BAD), are not representative of the game as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom