Contract-The Phantom of eldberg bug wraith glitched under map

+
Contract-The Phantom of eldberg bug wraith glitched under map

I've got up to the part of the questions quest were you kill the penitent and it's glitched under the map. Making it no longer possible for me to kill it and unable to complete the quest.

I can't just die and restart the battle because I fast traveled away and saved it. Now everytime I return to the Isle there is no longer mist but the penitent health bar appears and it is nowhere to be seen. On the map I go to where it is and say it's below me

Please tell me how to fix this. Thanks
I'm on ps4

Last edited:
You are going to have to load an earlier save. See if the game put a checkpoint save right before the battle. As a general rule of thumb, if you aren't going to fight a battle right now, load before it was triggered, don't do random stuff after you've triggered a fight.

Same here, where the Penitent should be there is only his green light, when I check with the witcher senses the sound is not below where I am, it's where it should be. but on the mini-map the Penitent is below the rock.
I tried to use the console command "killall" but it does not work :/ , and I have no earlier save.
can I just clip inside the map where the Penitent is and kill him? ... something like that...

Same here, where the Penitent should be there is only his green light, when I check with the witcher senses the sound is not below where I am, it's where it should be. but on the mini-map the Penitent is below the rock.
I tried to use the console command "killall" but it does not work :/ , and I have no earlier save.
can I just clip inside the map where the Penitent is and kill him? ... something like that...

I can help with this. It's been a year since this post, so I'm sure you've long forgotten this issue, but for anyone else having this problem:

Throughout the fight, the penitent will summon a handful of wraiths to fight you. If you stray to far from the spot where the fight began (and it doesn't take that much straying) the wraiths will all un-aggro and start flying towards the other direction. While those wraiths are alive, the penitent remains invisible with a green glow on the ground where it is indicated on the map and where it disappeared. My suggestion would be to search the area and kill any ordinary wraiths you can find with hopes of triggering the penitent to respawn. It could be easy to kill 4/5 wraiths and think you killed them all but one flew off to go pick it's ***.

Idk if this is what the OP was having trouble with. Sometimes the minimap bugs with enemy indicators too. My issue with the penitent (on my second playthrough) was it's health bar kept turning back to full over and over instantly. Idk if it was supposed to do that, but it was really annoying - thankfully i was able to corner him a couple times and stun lock him ith fast attacks as fast as possible until he died. If I gave him a second to recover, his health would return to full. Idk what this was about. And I'm on NG+ Death March so it was all the more annoying. There was also a part where it would take barely any damage and even his wraiths (except for one) would take way less damage than usual. All of which happened after the lighthouse had been lit, so it wasn't that. Idk wth was going on in that fight.

I'm a latecomer to The Witcher 3, but I had the same issue -- the penitent and its summoned wraiths also glitched under the map for me and I was able to recover. Hopefully it can help someone else! (on PC)

Enable the debug console https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/343786195665968401/, stand on top of where the penitent (and any wraiths) are hiding under the map, and use the killall command https://commands.gg/witcher3/killall with optional distance argument. Keep increasing the distance number and rerunning the command until it's way larger than you think (apparently they're really really far down there).

I think I ended up using killall(100000000)

Eventually the command will kill the wraiths, causing the penitent to teleport back above ground where you can finish the fight (or just run killall again because fuck this guy, seriously).

I was worried, but this doesn't seem to have messed up any other part of my game, monsters are still wandering about other areas of Skellige.

I'm a latecomer to The Witcher 3, but I had the same issue -- the penitent and its summoned wraiths also glitched under the map for me and I was able to recover. Hopefully it can help someone else! (on PC)

Enable the debug console https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/343786195665968401/, stand on top of where the penitent (and any wraiths) are hiding under the map, and use the killall command https://commands.gg/witcher3/killall with optional distance argument. Keep increasing the distance number and rerunning the command until it's way larger than you think (apparently they're really really far down there).

I think I ended up using killall(100000000)

Eventually the command will kill the wraiths, causing the penitent to teleport back above ground where you can finish the fight (or just run killall again because fuck this guy, seriously).

I was worried, but this doesn't seem to have messed up any other part of my game, monsters are still wandering about other areas of Skellige.

Interesting. I think this could potentially help out people in a few other areas as well. So, enemies can spawn at wild locations below the map. And, here I was all this time figuring that the game just wasn't spawning the right number of enemies. :rolleyes: Computers...

Top Bottom