CP77 Release Date Discussion

+
Hm. Hadn't considered the possibility until now...

Since CDP doesn't have a long history of game making, with CP2077 pushed out as far as it is, do you think they might shelve the game (a-la Starcraft: Ghost)?

Bad Redge! Bad! No taunting with Horrors Unimaginable!

Guys... what if we die before we get to play this game? I almost wish I had never heard of it, I'm anticipating it so hard.

Pretty much why Im upset by this delay. I worry that life might throw me curveballs that will keep me from playing the game forever and that a lack of delay lowers chance of said curveballs.

They should have announced Cyberpunk 2077 to the public this year's E3. If they wanted to hire people they could have just told on their website that they were looking for people for future projects. Maybe even code-name that future project. But what we already know is enough to make us pull our hair out while we wait in pain and suffering: it's being done by CDPROJEKT RED and it's Cyberpunk.

I'll only be concerned if they pull the plug on the project because they don't think the various engines are up to snuff with then current systems.

If they publish it, I'm buying it. Period.

If they pull the plug on it, and I never get a Cyberpunk 2020 based open world video game.......

My rage, my wrath, vengeance would be BIBLICAL.....

If they pull the plug on it, and I never get a Cyberpunk 2020 based open world video game.......

My rage, my wrath, vengeance would be BIBLICAL.....

If you read about half the shit they had to go through just to get the first two Witcher games out...trust me, they are committed to this. Keep in mind they own not only the right to the IP, but to everything about development. They aren't beholden to someone like EA or Eidos who can just pull the plug whenever their investors lose faith.

Isn't there two teams at work on both titles? So, to paint an example, you have 'Team A' dedicating 70% of its resources to the Witcher 3 while (Team B ) the remaining 30% are working on CP2077. If that's so, then the delay of the witcher 3 wouldn't have a substantial effect on CP2077's development.

Adam Kiciński said:
Za wcześnie, aby mówić, czy debiut Cyberpunka możliwy jest w przyszłym roku. Pracujemy nad tą grą, ale zgodzę się z tezą, że nie ma powodu, aby dwie duże premiery miały miejsce w jednym roku

Which can roughly be translated to: It's too early to talk about possibility of Cyberpunk debut next year. We are working on the game, but I'll agree with fact, that there is no reason to have two big premieres in one year.

So no CP2077 awesomeness in 2015. .

Which can roughly be translated to: It's too early to talk about possibility of Cyberpunk debut next year. We are working on the game, but I'll agree with fact, that there is no reason to have two big premieres in one year.

So no CP2077 awesomeness in 2015. .

Lets just hope the forums dont have a nervous breakdown from info starvation before 2016.

I'm expecting CP77 by Q2 2016.. Any later and insanity may take over me..

In 2 months, i will be gone for over a year, so it should be easier to wait compared to you guys.. But it will still be agonizing..

I remember when Respawn posted their first blurry Screen of their upcoming game. ( which is now Titanfall )
This was like 2-3 Years ago.
Time pass too fast in life and too slow when waiting for something...

apparently the TW3 delay will not affect CP2077

The delay of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC will not materially affect development on CD Projekt Red's other major role-playing game Cyberpunk 2077, CEO of the Polish studio Marcin Iwinski has said.

"Cyberpunk 2077 is developed by a separate team within CD Projekt Red, so the development of Cyberpunk 2077 is not really affected," Iwinski told GameSpot today. Cyberpunk 2077 is also coming to Xbox One, PS4, and PC.

But that's not the full story. Because The Witcher 3 is such a large project, some Cyberpunk 2077 developers have moved over to The Witcher team to help get the product out the door.

"In order to ship a huge RPG we do use help of certain team members between teams. It works this way between Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3," he said.

These developers bounce between teams to finalize "key" elements and features, he said. This is a standard development practice and The Witcher 3's delay is not going to impact in any significant way development on Cyberpunk 2077. "So no harm done here," he explained.

"We are working hard to deliver an outstanding RPG and rest assured, that all the learnings on The Witcher 3 are being applied to the Cyberpunk 2077 development," Iwinski said.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wi...-ps4-and-pc-game-cyberpunk-2077/1100-6418262/

Wouldn't it make sense that Witcher 3 being in development longer + 2077 developers helping with the game = less time said developers would be working on 2077? Saying that 2077's development won't be affected because they're separate teams and then mentioning that some of the people on the 2077 team have been shifted over to do something else seems fairly contradictory, and doesn't that mean that it'll take longer for the fluid team members on the other side to shift to 2077?

I don't know how much I trust this. Seems like damage control more than anything.

22 raises a good counter-point.

Shouldn't this thread be merged with the other witcher thread... I mean, this is the cyberpunk forum... I won't begrudge A withcher thread, but do we really need 2?

Shouldn't this thread be merged with the other witcher thread... I mean, this is the cyberpunk forum... I won't begrudge A withcher thread, but do we really need 2?

This thread's actually about the CP release date, so no, keeping them separate for now. :)

Perhaps this threads name should be changed to "Cyberpunk 2077 release date discussion" or something.. You know, to make it more relevant.. Otherwise, since they already confirmed Witcher 3 wont effect CP77's release, this thread is no longer relevant..

Perhaps this threads name should be changed to "Cyberpunk 2077 release date discussion" or something.. You know, to make it more relevant.. Otherwise, since they already confirmed Witcher 3 wont effect CP77's release, this thread is no longer relevant..

I would change it if I could

Top Bottom