CP77 sold 13 million copies on all platforms including refunds

+
Fixing the game should be the first priority. And that will take up most of the resources anyways.
By fixing I'm talking ALL the bugs. I'm talking a police system that actually works, police that actually follow you ect ect.
RPG mechanics that actually work and scale properly.

Just adding more story before these fixes is not going to cut it. It is always best to do CP2 with all these systems in place and a new fresh platform that people are not shitting all over.
Their reputation is at stake, and it's their baby. They must improve all the things they could, in five years that game will still be sold. Also they already have won much more than what they paid for the development and the marketting of this game. They have the resources actually.

One step after one step. Let's not be in hurry, that's never good. Before thinking about the next game in 8 or 10 years, how about we make this one a masterpiece like it should be.

What about the multiplayer game they were making? If its something like an MMO it could potentially eclipse the original game especially if it cuts players loose from living in V shoes.

But the investors has lost on their investments and that is even worse, since CDPR lost about 1 billion or as of now if im not mistaken about 1.8 billion in stock worth. If you bought stocks 2 years ago and sell them now, you would get less back and lose money.

Losing money at a launch of a game this big, those sold copies wont matter. It is a real gamble now for investors to keep their shares. Most investors sold their shares at day one because most knew the stock value would fall harder than the nuclear hiroshima bomb.

Eeehmm, no, the stocks are at March 2020 level. Still way, way higher than they were two years ago. Heck, still almost twice what they were a year ago.

It's actually pretty common for a companies stock to fall right after a release, not by this much, and CDPR's handling of the launch certainly had a part to play but it's not all that's at play right now.

Plus, with this announcement, you can bet they're going back up.
Post automatically merged:

What about the multiplayer game they were making? If its something like an MMO it could potentially eclipse the original game especially if it cuts players loose from living in V shoes.

I don't think we're looking at a potential MMO. Probably more something along the lines of GTA Online/Red Dead Online.

Definitely not thousands of players at the same time on a server and hopefully a more focused experience.

they would be polishing a turd at this point, sorry for the expression. fix the bugs sure, but dont waste resources on any DLC imo, people are already very negative on this game, also all DLC needs to work on xbox one and PS4 imo just skip it, and go CP2 for nexgen systems.

What people? Most whining happens on this very forum. Anyone I know that I've talked to enjoys the game. Unless you claim this forum represents those 13 mln who bought the game.

Half of what this game sold over two years...
...ohhh boy. :(

Lie in the very first frame. Development of Cyberpunk wasn't 9 years.

Eeehmm, no, the stocks are at March 2020 level. Still way, way higher than they were two years ago. Heck, still almost twice what they were a year ago.

It's actually pretty common for a companies stock to fall right after a release, not by this much, and CDPR's handling of the launch certainly had a part to play but it's not all that's at play right now.

Plus, with this announcement, you can bet they're going back up.
Post automatically merged:

I don't think we're looking at a potential MMO. Probably more something along the lines of GTA Online/Red Dead Online.

Definitely not thousands of players at the same time on a servers.

4 class action lawsuit from investors await them because they lost a lot of invested money. They didnt release one of the most anticipated games in march as well.

This is way worse than any of us gamers can understand if we dont have insight into how investments work.

Their reputation is at stake, and it's their baby. They must improve all the things they could, in five years that game will still be sold. Also they already have won much more than what they paid for the development and the marketting of this game. They have the resources actually.
What does that matter? Other companies take complete dumps on their consumers and keep raking in the cash.

They just proved with those sales numbers it doesn't matter. Should they be worried about the stocks? Why? They'll just rebound even higher come time for their next launch.

Edit: I'm not saying it's right or it's what I want, but the situation sucks. Consumers suck. They'll buy whatever and say thank you.

4 class action lawsuit from investors await them because they lost a lot of invested money. They didnt release one of the most anticipated games in march as well.

This is way worse than any of us gamers can understand if we dont have insight into how investments work.

Not sure where you got 4 class action lawsuits, source?

I know of one and it's not as catastrophic as some make it out to be, it's been discussed at length in other threads. Furthermore, that one lawsuit isn't even a lawsuit yet, it's a potential lawsuit.

Don't assume there is no one on this forum who understands this. There are plenty who do.

I think it would be a huge mistake to just toss some patches and maybe a "DLC" at this game and try to do right with a CP2077 2. Fix the huge mess you delievered and try to earn back what you lost with your goodwill and reputation. I'll always be looking at CDPR differently from now on regardless. A horrid launch is one thing, but potentially lying to investors, lying to us ("it runs surprisingly well", not allowing console reviews, etc general shady behavior) is another.

Future titles will be a very hard sell. I got my refund but may potentially revisit the game in the future if adequate patches for bugs/crashes are released and more of the content they advertised/told us they'd deliver are made available. However after the crap they pulled I will not do full price, and will wait until a sale of 50% off minimum. Lesson learned? We can only hope. Good luck CDPR.

What does that matter? Other companies take complete dumps on their consumers and keep raking in the cash.

They just proved with those sales numbers it doesn't matter. Should they be worried about the stocks? Why? They'll just rebound even higher come time for their next launch.

Edit: I'm not saying it's right or it's what I want, but the situation sucks. Consumers suck. They'll buy whatever and say thank you.
It matters because that's what they said to their investors, they are aware of their mistakes, they are aware that the sympathy from the consumers and reputation helped them a lot and they don't want to lose that, so they will work hard within the next months for sure.

Not sure where you got 4 class action lawsuits, source?

I know of one and it's not as catastrophic as some make it out to be, it's been discussed at length in other threads.

Don't assume there is not one on this forum who understands this. There are plenty who do.

There are 1 in Poland and 3 in USA. If it is different lawsuits, i dont know so could be wrong.

Probably, probably not. Time will tell, but it looks bad.

Im not assuming anything, i wrote this at the end of my sentence "if we dont have insight into how investments work." That is not assuming that no one on these forums do not understand this.

It matters because that's what they said to their investors, they are aware of their mistakes, they are aware that the sympathy from the consumers and reputation helped them a lot and they don't want to lose that, so they will work hard within the next months for sure.
Stock is already up 10% from this announcement. Their stock is higher than it was last year. They just more than doubled the budget they put into the game and announced selling as many copies in a few days despite all the repercussions as Bethesda did with Fallout 4 after the success of Skyrim.

We have very different views on the state of the market and how consumerism has been working in this gaming market. That's all.

There are 1 in Poland and 3 in USA. If it is different lawsuits, i dont know so could be wrong.

Im not assuming anything, i wrote this at the end of my sentence "if we dont have insight into how investments work." That is not assuming that no one on these forums do not understand this.

Without any of your source it's really impossible to tell, but I think you're refering to that one lawsuit. Which isn't a lawsuit yet and may never be one.

As it stands it's one guy looking at his options and trying to gather all the evidence he can to see if he's actually got a case and a US law firm trying to get into the whole situation because they stand to make millions if they get hired for this.

Nothing to worry too much about. It's definitely not the sky is falling material as of this moment.

I think in the end reputation will be remembered more than sales figures ... though of course sales figures are very essential to stay in the biz. And if you want to go out with a bang, here's the question: would you rather go into the afterlife with Witcher 3 as it is now or Cyberpunk 2077 as it is now.

There can be small, irrelevant lawsuit and because it's "hit", media will report it as big deal. Same happens in my country about US Elections, for people orienting in that topic it's just catastrophic to see how people are trust media.

I'm not saying it's case here, but we had this "news" just once and then not a word about it, but look at Fallout 76 lawsuit...

Without any of your source it's really impossible to tell, but I think you're refering about that one lawsuit. Which isn't a lawsuit yet and may never be one.

As it stands it's one guy looking at his options and trying to gather all the evidence he can to see if he's actually got a case and a US law firm trying to get into the whole situation because they stand to make millions if they get hired for this.

Nothing to worry too much about. It's definitely not the sky is falling material as of this moment.

I looked it up, it was not 4 my bad. Its this lawfirm in US that are also looking into the possibility. "Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP intends to investigate the possibility of a class-action lawsuit against CD Projekt." https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cd-p...3ObHTBHdYfmBYoB-Jix8-p4p_pccDVLu5XwjA9UeDW_CX

I sure hope this wont kill off CDPR. I hope the management learned its lesson though.

2. Improving the game, adding new game + and a lot of stuff and content into the game for free
3. And finally adding stories with DLCs and expansions that were successful and very well received.
There were story DLCs in the 16 free DLCs. They were just individual quests - "Lost Miners," "Where the Cat and Wolf Play," "Skellige's Most Wanted" and "Fools Gold" were all free DLC. And three of those were all quite good quests.

I looked it up, it was not 4 my bad. Its this lawfirm in US that are also looking into the possibility. "Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP intends to investigate the possibility of a class-action lawsuit against CD Projekt." https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cd-p...3ObHTBHdYfmBYoB-Jix8-p4p_pccDVLu5XwjA9UeDW_CX

I sure hope this wont kill off CDPR. I hope the management learned its lesson though.

That's exactly the firm I was talking about. It's been discussed at length in another thread, go look for it if you're interested it shouldn't be more than one or two pages away. I'm on my cellphone and it's a pain to find it lol.

The take away is mostly that isn't much to worry about, even less with the games sales being this good, and it certainly won't kill CDPR.

Top Bottom