CREATE continues to be a major issue

+

partci

Forum veteran
Yes, it is not what it used to be, but let us not keep our eyes closed.

We have three major/main offenders:

Hym, Triss: Telekinesis and Isengrim: Outlaw.
We have and Shupe as a memorable mention, but just because his Create is a bit different than the aforementioned trio.

Let's get to the point:

I can't run Abaya as a tech against Axemen or mirror matches in my Eredin Frost, because Hym. Now I guess I need to pull Jotun out, cause of the same reason. Also Vaedermaker, cause I get weathered back CONSTANTLY and against GS you know how important every single point is. And this card is in 90% of every SK deck I meet on the ladder - especially above R16. The card has HUGE versatility and provides tons of possibilities, plus the synergy with the Skjal and Udalrik combo (god forbid they run an Roach). Especially if I am on the Blue Coin - there is just no reason to play anymore after this combo.

I can't run First Light as a tech against Axemen and mirror matches, because Telekinesis. Also scary to run Merdrome in a Handbuff or even Alchemy deck, because of this card. I know tons of people will jump into defense of Triss, as it is really good card, but maybe it is tuned a bit too much on the points side. But this is one of the most played cards in the game at the moment, so this must speak volumes.

Isengrim: Outlaw is kinda different case. It is still really versatile card and lately is mainly used to pull a Special Card out of your deck, but his Create Pool is is more like a bathtub - chance to hit Ida or Toruviel or even Lock when need is just way too big. Still he is only two points, so this seems way more fair compared to Telekinesis, but still needs to be looked at.

Also: why Johnny and Avallac'h: The Sage can still create a Silver Spy? Happened two times to me the last week and both times it cost me my games. Yes, I can pinpoint that those exact cards did cost me those games, with the second Silver Spies they created. This is not funny. I know it is a rare occasion, but it must be looked at and dealt with.

I know 90% of the cards will be changed in few months, but those must be a priority. Especially the unholy trinity that I started with.

What should you do with them? Well, for starters, remove their ability to interact with the Silver Spy (if the mechanic continues to exist), than limit their Create choice to 2 cards. I think this will be well enough, though in the case with Hym will absolutely not be enough - a lot of decks are running up to 3 Silver Units and use their Silver Slots for cards like Marching Orders, Mandrake or ADC, plus the mandatory Silver Spy, so this is the pool Hym pulls and plays against the opposite deck with its actual fire power against it, so maybe think something else for him that will not be so offensive.

The other Create cards are I would say OK now, though when a Runestone pulls me a Silver Mage to clear my Weather it still pisses me of to no avail.

What if Hym were changed to pull a cursed unit from your deck, but not a spy (change all cards so none can pull the spy except adc), and he is raised to like 6 power to compensate? Completely remove the opponent silver card option. And Triss could be creating a special card from your own deck. I can only speak for myself (obviously :p) but I only include her in decks where I want another copy of a special (moonlight for example). To me the irritating thing with these cards is the same as the old slave driver, that they use your deck against you. Take that out and they are still useful but less rage inducing.

Hym is probably in the tier of its own right now. Being able to pull a spy AND never brick because of the secondary ability is a bit too much.

Top Bottom