Crimson Curse – new cards revealed!

+
I'd love a date with a fledgling!

Harmony still seems terrible, so far.

If a deck is built around harmony, I think it is on par with thrive. Cause you can have as many different primary tag cards in a round as you can have many different powers in your hand. And it is easier to make it work as you don't have to play the cards in a certain order.

Three new cards! :cool:

Dancing Star:
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_NEU_Dancing_Star.png

Northern Wind:
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_NEU_Northern_Wind.png

Pellar:
Crimson-Curse---New-cards-for-reveals_NEU_Pellar.png

Thanks Dominika. I knew there was something odd with Pellar cause he was presented as a special card but had a deploy ability.

Are changes coming to the Homecoming cards to work around the Crimson ones?

Dimeritium Bomb for example seems very useless compared to Dancing Star.

Seems a very obvious choice in prov management.

I understand reasoning having 4prov cards the ways they are but i would like to see some other decisions factor into low prov spending.

Also more thinning cards please. :cry:

[...]
Dimeritium Bomb for example seems very useless compared to Dancing Star.
Seems a very obvious choice in prov management.
[...]
???
Dimeritium Bomb works as discard fodder for Coral and is the lowest kind of provision, unless you can get massive value destroying an artifact that "tech card" gets thrown anyways, so in fact it looks the exact opposite and blatantly obvious to me that Dimeritium Bomb is neat and Dancing Star is currently completely unplayable, especially given the existence of Bomb Heaver, which can destroy an artifact AND get those 3 points, only that pure removal is usually worse than those points being attached to a body, so Bomb Heaver seems like a completely superior choice.

Could it be you mixed up the spots for Dimeritium Bomb and Dancing Star in your post or was that a joke I did not catch ?

Now, that those cards provisions are visible, I have to say that I find all three of them rather weird design choices.

First of all, there is dancing star. While I doubt, that it will make Dimetrium Bomb any more useless in general, because that card is only included because of its minimum provision costs, Dancing Star seems to be a clear worse version of Bomb Heaver. Dancing Star gives the player 3 points or remove and artifact, while Bomb Heaver does both. And though it has the potential to remove an engine, I don't see any use for it in anything but full special card decks.

Northern Wind on the other hand is a far better version of Alzur's Thunder. Not only is it 4 for 4 provisions, it even banishes, while Alzur's Thunder is 5 for 6 provisions without any additional effect. And furthermore nearly all engines have 3 or 4 strength, such that that 1 extra point on Alzur's is just wasted for removing engines. So I honestly don't see any sense in using Alzur's anymore.

Pebbler himself is ok, but I think having him at 1 strength and boosting/damaging the target unit by 2 would make a lot more sense and make him usefull in much more cases.
Also, Coodcoodak as a faction specific card seems to be so much stronger than him.

???
Bomb Heaver, which can destroy an artifact AND get those 3 points,
I agree, at same prov
Appears an artifact (Heaver wins)
Bomb Heaver , destroy and +3
Dancing Star, destroy
Don't appear an artifact (Stalemate)
Bomb Heaver , +3
Dancing Star, -3
I prefer Ida Emean, destroy+4 or 4+3 although with 8 provs

Last edited:
[...]
I prefer Ida Emean, destroy+4 or 4+3 although with 8 provs
Ida is amazing, she is only 1 point below provision cost, great in certain matchups, great distribution in other matchups and can synergize with cards like Mahakam Defender.
I would even go as far as saying Ida is by far the best anti-artifact card in the game (apart from White Frost as a meta call of course).

I'm really excited about todays cards.

Dryad Grovekeeper seems to pretty much tie the Dryad archetype together and seems pretty strong, as she will reach her provisions even if she is the only Dryad on the board and combined with all the Dryad Swarm cards she seems really good.

Toussaint Knight Errant seems a bit forced, but nonetheless should synergize well with enemy buffing.

Cintrian Royal Guard seems to be a good target for Blue Stripe Scouts and Henselt. And with Operator and Reinforcements there should be some really strong combinations possible. Also, the card reminds a bit of old Reavers.
Summoning Circle -> Operator -> BSS -> BSS+Henselt -> CRG -> CRG -> Reinforcements: that is a 63 point combo for only 42 provisions and a leader. And the best thing is, that it the provision costs of this combo are pretty low, such that a player might throw in a Dandelion Poet or a Vernon Roche for extra consistency.

Svalblood Cultist has also a really cool design. She is able to either destroy an enemy that has been damaged at least by 3 or heal an ally that is damaged at most by 3. Pretty versatile.

The only card revealed today that I dislike is Tesna Mune Sword, because what is the point of shielding an ally, if there is a card that automatically destroys the shielded ally. Though it will probaly never see play as overprized as it is.

Last edited:
The new cards art, man, so beautiful. Can we get an artbook to purchase somewhere? I would buy it for sure.

Cintrian royal guard, right. Please, show us Calanthe leader animation already! :)

Last edited:
UPDATE!

Neutral: 23/31
Northern Realm: 11/14
Nilfgaard: 10/14
Scoia'tael: 12/14
Monster: 11/14
Skellige: 10/14

Cards revealed in the new trailer that wasn't given further details:
Nilfgaard: Anna Henrietta, Milton de Peyrac-Peyran, Syvanna (she might be Neutral though)
Monster: Katakan, Orianna, Dettlaff: Higher Vampire

Predictions-ish, just 1 per faction to be safe and some of these already appeared:
Neutral: Geralt: Quen
Northern Realm: Cintra? hmmm. I wish they should have just expanded towards Redenia
Nilfgaard: Artorius Vigo (remember the guy sitting with mushroom at his back and surrounded with pigs showed from previous dev streams)
Scoia'tael: I don't have much info about dryads but base on the reveal page it seems that the 2 remaining slots for ST is both a 5 power unit
Monster: Ekimmara (but MO is already 14/14 if you count the trailer leaks unless there's a surprise at release day)
Skellige: Disgraced Warrior (the other bronze SK recruit from TB)

Those magnificent Dryad thighs! I feel a bit sorry for the youtube workshy creators. Gonna be a busy few weeks for them lot with all these new cards.

rrc

Forum veteran
Anna Henrietta as a leader pretty much confirmed in the last trailer :)
I came here to post the same thing! But not with 'pretty much'.. it IS CONFIRMED in the latest trailer that Anna Henrietta is the new NG leader!!

I came here to post the same thing! But not with 'pretty much'.. it IS CONFIRMED in the latest trailer that Anna Henrietta is the new NG leader!!

We actually get trolled by the gwent team and Burza on the youtube channel XD

Neutral: 23/31
Northern Realm: 11/14
Nilfgaard: 10/14 (14/14 if trailer reveals are counted)
Scoia'tael: 12/14
Monster: 11/14
Skellige: 10/14

Cards revealed in trailers:
Nilfgaard: Poisoner, Ducal Guard, Milton de Peyrac-Peyran, Artorius Vigo, Anna Henrietta (leader)
Neutral: Syvanna

Last edited:
Monster 11/14

Cards revealed in trailers: (If leaders doesn't count for the 14 cards per faction then NG has still 1 unrevealed card)
We're currently awaiting a 2 STR Bronze MO card.
And we have aldready seen 3 Gold Vampires in the trailers.
Doesn't that mean we're getting 15 faction cards?

EDIT: A 2 STR Ekkimara token was just revealed alongside Katakan. Maybe that is the mysterious 15th faction card which fills the 2 STR unit slot? Tokens like the beast abomination have still not been shown on the reveal page, so there is still hope for a 15th faction card.

Last edited:
We're currently awaiting a 2 STR Bronze MO card.
And we have aldready seen 3 Gold Vampires in the trailers.
Doesn't that mean we're getting 15 faction cards?

I'm a bit confused too. So this is what we currently have:
Katakan (bronze) - 6 base power
Detltlaff: Higher Vampire - 5 base power
Orianna - 2 base power
Unrevealed bronze MO (probably an Ekimmara) - 2 base power

If we base on the reveal page, there's a face-down 2 base power MO and the katakan's slot haven't displayed yet. In the gold side there's a face-down MO with 6 base power but Dettlaff is 5 str and Orianna is 2 str which means if we sum that up MO will be at 16/14. hmmmmmm.

Top Bottom