Cutscenes causing blurred graphics (DO NOT MERGE)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutscenes causing blurred graphics (DO NOT MERGE)

See the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 , and update to the latest patch 1.5_______________________________________________________________________________________________I'm sorry, I don't like to go agianst mod's. But in this case I'm gonna have to make a stand, you are making the issue myself and others are having more difficult to fix by merging it with an issue it has NOTHING TO DO WITH. You merged the first and the 2nd topic dealing with, this issue, with the pixilated cutscene thread. Even though I made it clear the 2nd time around, it is a seperate issue. I can not make it clear enough, these issues do not relate to one another what so ever! They even look nothing alike. One has been around since the initial release and the other is brand new. They have nothing to do with each other, besides both being graphical issues. It's like merging the cutscene/pixiliation thread with an issue that involves the game crashing. Makes me wonder if you even reading these threads, or instead just look at the titles.Combining this thread with the pixilation thread or even locking this thread will make it harder for our issue to be singled out and fixed. When someone says they found a solution I dunno which problem they found a solution for! My problem or the one of the other three diffrent problems you mashed into one thread.So for one FINAL time. The issue myself and others are having involve the cutscenes triggering something, not the cutscenes themselfs. My cutscenes look crystal clear, but everytime I have a dialog with someone or go through a cutscene, the world goes all blurry once the cutscene/dialog is over. The world is not pixilated what so ever, it's blurry. The only fix seems to be too turn lighting down to low. But this is not a complete fix. I have forced AA, AF, tinkered with every ingame advanced option. Downloaded the nhelper thing and used AA enhancer. Nothing works.Agian I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound rude. I really have no problem with the patch 1.4 causing stuff like this. Hell, I expected it. It's almost an expansion pack rather then a patch. But I do have a problem with people hampering my attempt to fix this issue.[MOD]Added the hotfix info[/MOD]

OK, so again :) Thank you for this thread. I'm one of many, who experience blurred image after cutcscenes. Lowering Lighting quality to lowest value repairs it, but that is NOT a solution of this obvious bug ... or tragic intention. I think this IS the bug, because saving and loading repairs this to normal sharp state. Until next cutscene of course...I hope devs offer us a solution soon.

i get the same problem, even if you hit escape before a cutscene plays you still get the blurries, i have tried changing my res to a non widescreen one-to no avail...the only way to avoid it is to lower the lighting to "low" which is a bit defeatist, as the game played perfectly before the EE patch.....oh well...hopefully CDP are aware of this bugamd 5200+ X24gb ddr2 ramsapphire hd3850plenty of hdd spacewinXP sp2

I have this exact same problem. I also have the pixelated cutscene issue, but I was able to fix that by forcing AF in the NVIDIA Control Panel.This problem is completely different. It happens whether DoF is on or off, but it looks like a DoF related issue. I say that because it blurs everything except the stuff that you're directly aiming at. The problem only appears after a cutscene, including dialogs, and I have to restart the game to make it go away. Disabling forced AF does not help. Changing the resolution does not help. Maybe setting the lighting to "low" does, but I'm not gonna do that.I had the pixelated cutscene problem before the EE, but I don't recall ever having this issue. I dare say it makes the game unplayable :( (but I'm gonna keep playing anyway :peace:)512MB 8800GT + 177.92 (the most recent official BETA driver) on Vista x64 SP1

Same problem. Everything is crystal clear UNTIL you have a conversation and then everything gets BLURRY and FUZZY and it's extremly annoying. Forcing AF or AA does NOT work, lowering lighting helps SOMEWHAT but it's still too blurry to be enjoyable. I really want to play this game because I know it's an awesome rpg but it's totally unplayable with this problem.

A new topic about the blurry graphics after conversation bug. Which I beleave I was the first to notice. and post on the board, They mereged my original Witcher Graphic Problem topic, with the pixellation bug ,which was total different. Come on lets get a disscusion going about this people.

Bart8234 said:
A new topic about the blurry graphics after conversation bug. Which I beleave I was the first to notice. and post on the board, They mereged my original Witcher Graphic Problem topic, with the pixellation bug ,which was total different. Come on lets get a disscusion going about this people.
not to be a finger-pointer bart, but you seem to be missing a "game owner" icon over with your avatar ;-)

Sorry DeaDite just created the account and post to find a fix for the blurr bugBy the way how do you get the game owner icon by the avatarDo not double post

i think i have this also, is it basically like a thin layer of DOF over everything (even with DOF disabled?) can anyone post pics of it? I had the other bug, but that fix is at least figured out (force AF).

Bart8234 said:
By the way how do you get the game owner icon by the avatar
to be honest...not sure- i regged the game when it came out last year, thru the site..dunno if its different if its regged with the EE version.. *shrugsplease dont take it i was slurring you by saying there was no "game owner" icon, as i wasnt ;-)

im curious, has anyone called OFFICIAL tech support listed in this thread: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=4549.0 ?if so, what did they say bout the prob? if they say its a "known" prob, thats a good sign.

Sounds like an odd issue.Can you post a few screenshots (use thumbnails or links) to see what exactly you are experiencing?Also, can you all update what graphics card you guys have, so we can find out if there is a common denominator? Include driver version as well (hmmm actually if you all post a PC Wizard report even better).That said, have you tried turning depth of field on/off and toyed around in windows with your graphics card settings?

I'm using nVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 3200 with newest drivers 175.19. Machine is C2D 2.4GHz, 3GB RAM.I also have newest DirectX 9.0c (august 2008).No problems with Witcher graphics with patch 1.3.

And.....Depth of Filed has nothing to do with this problem. This option normaly works as it should, but after cutscene (no matter if DOF on or off), the 3D scene is blurry and strange.Yes, I've played with settings in nVIDIA Control Panel, but this problem has nothing to do with driver setting. Just because save and load repairs it.... until next cutscene.

Before: After: This is before and after a conversation, just look at his face. I use two 8800GT in SLI mode with driver 177.92.

Same problem here, i have Gf8800GT, driver v177.92, i try 177.83 too, i play with DoF on and off but like someone say, it has nothing to doo with this problem, for me, save/load works fine but its not a solution btw sry for my english ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom