Cyberpunk 2077 mod tools released!

+
This is good news. I'm surprised a bit. Looks like mostly unpackers for resources. Modders have already figured out some of it. I wonder what the 29MB metadata file contains. Looking forward to seeing what happens.

EULA:

(d) Contributing User Content; Licence Grant To CDPR: When you create, contribute and share User Content to the
Game, Section 4 of the Fan Content Guidelines will apply. In particular, you retain the right to your original User Content,
however you expressly grant to us a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, worldwide, sub-licensable, royalty-free licence
to use, modify, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, exploit, transmit, perform and communicate your fan
content in connection with our games.

What I think when reading this:

Which means that if the mods are good, CDPR will agree with the author to include them as part of the game in a future patch. Geniuses !!! work to make this game a 10/10 please !!!!

If you want to extract the content of the archives, use this. Modders already figured out what CDPR gave us a month a go.

It's true they basically made the official tools obsolete before they were released but at least it's a way to double-check what we have so far. Also @Arcafonk get on their discord if you really want to dig into this so early. What we have right now is mostly just a database of game data, not any kind of frontend editor for the manipulation of that data. So making anything more than small changes gets really complicated really fast.

It's true they basically made the official tools obsolete before they were released but at least it's a way to double-check what we have so far. Also @Arcafonk get on their discord if you really want to dig into this so early. What we have right now it mostly just a database of game data, not any kind of frontend editor for the manipulation of that data.
Not to mention as CDPR makes changes to their code, they will also make relevant changes to the mod tools whereas the modding community tools would have to first figure out what changed and how to edit thier tools to compensate.

It's true they basically made the official tools obsolete before they were released but at least it's a way to double-check what we have so far. Also @Arcafonk get on their discord if you really want to dig into this so early. What we have right now it mostly just a database of game data, not any kind of frontend editor for the manipulation of that data.

True. Also, I think you guys now have nearly all the missing hashes and item IDs sorted out with the new info, right?

Btw, have seen some people talk about what is INK. Some of the ink files (hope I am not dead wrong) are related to this:

Tell me if my guess is right!

Header:
magic: 0x52414452
version=12
indexPosition=199749632
indexSize=378860
debugPosition=0
debugSize=0

lol, always amuses me to see such reference in an updated game engine used for Sci Fi game that was originally made for medieval fantasy game. I seen a lot of that as so many DEV started with Spells and Dragons and then move on to doing Laser and Robots.

Fallout had a lot of that from Oblivion. But in this case is that heading "magic" actually some programming term?

lol, always amuses me to see such reference in an updated game engine used for Sci Fi game that was originally made for medieval fantasy game. I seen a lot of that as so many DEV started with Spells and Dragons and then move on to doing Laser and Robots.

lol. Maybe they will use it on Witcher 4? Or V will gain Magic. No, better: a crossover with TW universe :cool:

lol. Maybe they will use it on Witcher 4? Or V will gain Magic. No, better: a crossover with TW universe :cool:

OHHH I forgot that this game and the Witcher NOW share their universe! Like how Fallout and TES share their universe he he...

Edit: oh a lot of true original Cyberpunk game fans are going to yell at me now...

True. Also, I think you guys now have nearly all the missing hashes and item IDs sorted out with the new info, right?

Btw, have seen some people talk about what is INK. Some of the ink files (hope I am not dead wrong) are related to this:

I can't answer any of these questions I have only skimmed through the discord and GitHub to put together a small understanding of what's been documented. I don't have time to dive in and get my hands dirty just yet I hope by the time I do someones got a workflow for building quests figured out because I got some ideas.

If you want to extract the content of the archives, use this.
3-4 days ago, I was making hypothesis about the format of the archive files, so I did my researches and found them. The problem is the hash changed with the last patch, so I would not eat my hat that it works very well.
Since they gave tools, I prefer to go with the official tools (so if I change one npc hat some day, I could put the mod on Nexus).
Post automatically merged:

I don't see the need of them using inkle's stuff (with the current game I mean).
It was a late december 2020 recommandation I made to them for their next game.
In CP77, they have only a very few need for this, because of the structure of the dialogs in the game.
(but maybe I'm wrong and they makes a very uninspired use of inkle's tool)

Last edited:
I don't see the need of them using inkle's stuff (with the current game I mean).
It was a late december 2020 recommandation I made to them for their next game.
In CP77, they have only a very few need for this, because of the structure of the dialogs in the game.
(but maybe I'm wrong and they makes a very uninspired use of inkle's tool)

So "inkle" is a scripting language? Can you tell me if it works similar to Skyrim scripting were you can get horrible script lag if scripts are larger?

Edit: From what I read on the net this is intended for dialogue not game mechanics. So neverminded, thanks anyway. But if you happen to know what scripting language they are using for the game mechanics? Is it tied to frame rate the way Skyrim scripts are?

Someone needs to make tutorials on this, like seriously is there a Modding cyberpunk for dummies guide anywhere, I cry :cry: I don't mean how to install mods btw I mean actually making stuff, the meat and bones so to speak.

So "inkle" is a scripting language? Can you tell me if it works similar to Skyrim scripting were you can get horrible script lag if scripts are larger?

Edit: From what I read on the net this is intended for dialogue not game mechanics. So neverminded, thanks anyway. But if you happen to know what scripting language they are using for the game mechanics? Is it tied to frame rate the way Skyrim scripts are?
inkle studio made games and their dialog engine. Their engine handle conversations, dialogs loops, pool of subjects, and had significant parts used for quest engine aswell. These files doesn't describe scripts per see, it's more like the thing were yu put all text + dialog logic (tell A, B then C, player can answer 1 ,2 or 3 (4,by default, or 3 only if someone told you "gamma" before AND you killed 10 rats before) then the NPC... etc
By using that kind of logic ("if the player knows about the subject") dialogs are not distinct state machines anymore : all the dialog told in a game is one single state machine.

The dialog of Baldur's gate where "the revolution" back in the 1995's, that standed until now (ok "mass effect", a little), now there is Heaven's Vault (but it's a relativly unknown game). Text only games (tech doesn't work with voice, of course).

Could have made a perfect matrix in CP77, doubled with a real chat client in the game.
(*hum* suggestion made day 1-2-3 after first CP77 trailer ).

I have some experience in minor modding through nexus but the 3 tools it gave in that link that I can not find anymore, do nothing...
No instructions or anything at all.
I'm used to TESV creation tools.
Post automatically merged:

Can CDPR do something like TESV did way back then?
would make it a hell of a lot more fun and easier.

Far as I know, what CDPR released is similar to what was released for the past Witcher games.

I'm not even sure you can do something as basic as creating new clothes entries to add many garments now available only to NPCs (Right now, what modders do is to swap models)

Top Bottom