Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
They are not yet address-ing the shi*** endings and how the game is very linear instead of what they promised, a game where choices matter... except few quests that have side "paths" the game is mostly linear (not even steam have the balls to put this game with "choices matter" tag because they will probably get sued too for false adversiting if they did).
Only excuses after excuse trying to save face.

The modding community obviously saved face for a lot of games and improved the QoL in a lot more.
But I dislike the idea completely to pull a Bethesda like that. Meaning, to release a broken game, cash in and then let the Nexus guys fix your flops for you, free of charge. I'm pretty sure they could do it, but why? The CDPR didn't advertise "With our modding toolkit, people will be able to turn our half-baked game into the product that we promised you" :D
Yes, I agree. But at least PC players can get their game fixed or improved upon in the future if CDPR does not do that for them. But what about us console players! Who is going to do the same for us in that instance! :(

The modding community obviously saved face for a lot of games and improved the QoL in a lot more.
But I dislike the idea completely to pull a Bethesda like that. Meaning, to release a broken game, cash in and then let the Nexus guys fix your flops for you, free of charge. I'm pretty sure they could do it, but why? The CDPR didn't advertise "With our modding toolkit, people will be able to turn our half-baked game into the product that we promised you" :D

Oh, I'm not implying that CDPR basically hand the keys to the kingdom over to Modders in expectation of them doing the big save while sitting back and doing nothing.
NO.
CDPR still works, does the fixes, the patches, the DLCs, new content, and maybe even goes extra to make up for their fumble.
All that will TAKE TIME.
The modding community can fill the gap, and give us all the things SOONER while CDPR does the difficult, hard work of giving us all the OFFICAL things, things that we want, things that need to get done ... everything that's expected of them that they SHOULD BE DOING.
The thing with tossing the modding community a bone with tools is, WE the gamers win both ways. We get the official stuff ... eventually ... but, hey, realistically; TIME and MONEY.
The folks at CDPR are only human, and there's only so many of them, and they need to eat and sleep and get paid for any, and all work they're doing to satisfy your need to get the right tickles.
Modder, with the right tools, will get us things sooner, and we get lots of things that CDPR might implement, things that we never asked for, stupid things, ridiculous things, awesome things, and so, so, so many more options from the modding community, and it's all optional, unlike official updates/patches.

Do you really want to sit there, fuming with over-inflated righteous indignation, just stewing in it ... or, would you like to wake up tomorrow and find out some weirdo on Nexus figured out how to make the Mantis Blades do wall climbing that was cut from the game? ... or someone's added a custom bespoken tailor feature to one of the clothing shops where you can get items custom tailored to Legendary ... instead of using something like a save editor to make your favorite threads more awesome? ... or someone adds 100 new haircuts, 30 new face options in each category, and slips a Salon/Plastic Surgery feature/character in at every ripper doc? ... more apartments ... that you can actively decorate ... with quests attached to obtaining them? More cars? even more clothing variety?
... all this stuff even if the game was absolutely perfect on launch, we'd wait months and months for DLCs to eventually get got done, but, modders will mod, and you could have lots of stupid and awesome options in just a few days.

Opening up the game for modding with a toolkit that gives us more than can be done right now is a big win for everyone.

This game is a step-change for many of us. That involve crashing through boundaries, sometimes painfully (what film did I get that from?). I am loving the game and I look forward to seeing it evolve. Thanks to all the team, no matter how or what you contributed (even if you got coffees!).

Yes it is. Closing my eyes to all the bugs, I played 388 hours, and I really want to play it further and even more. I really look forward to improving the quality of life in the game.

NPCs in CP77 and the Witcher 3 games are dumber than a pile of rocks. This seems to be a trend with CDRP games, I think they never bothered to hire qualified AI programmers to fill their ranks.

The police spawn situation is ridiculous, and the pedestrian and traffic path finding is non existent.

Attachments

• aidummies-190111104043-thumbnail-4.jpg
    aidummies-190111104043-thumbnail-4.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
A lot of people expect CP to be a GTA V game, doing all kinds of comparison. To answer the real question, which open world game is similar to GTA V. To avoid copyright infringement, open world game such as watch dog has it's own system different than GTA.
The AI system is close to non-existent due to not enough time to implement it, there are couple of AI programmers working on it, I am sure there are something being made which is hidden somewhere. I am interested on the their AI approach, probably on patch 1.1 or 1.2, then we can do a proper comparison with GTA V, Watch Dogs Legion, and CP2077.

I do not expected or wanted a gta clone (god, no!), but, apart all the rest seened and not obtained
(...) an immersive and realistc crowd/city "liveness" as they've boldly said. That's all.

I do not expected or wanted a gta clone (god, no!), but, apart all the rest seened and not obtained
(...) an immersive and realistc crowd/city "liveness" as they've boldly said. That's all.

I don't even suggest that every NPC needs to have their own "life" or that they all have to react differently when you meet them on the streets.

But there are practically no reactions even of important NPCs to what you do in the story. At least the Afterlife crowd should react differently whether you come there for the first time and are a Rookie or whether you have street cred 50. If I'm already full of chrome and have a rep, why do all Ripperdocs treat me the same? Stuff like that. This can all be scripted to be triggered once you reach a certain threshold. This does not require hugely intelligent AI or something, just an attention to detail and good writing. If an indie studio like Supergiant can still let their NPCs have new lines even after more than 100 runs, why do the important NPCs in CP all end up like empty shells after their quests are done?
CP in this respect is the same level as in Skyrim, where you can own half the city, be super powerful and the guards still think you are a hobo and tell you about that time they were an adventurer like you...
And the LIs/friends: why can't their dialogue during calls and when you visit them change depending on how far you are in the story and what your rep is? I mean, bashing Bioware seems to be the thing to do, but they got this right, even in their "weaker titles".

Remember when Obsidian tried setting expectations throughout their development cycle by stating they didn't have the funding, it's a AA game, etc.? It's hard to complain about the game after the developers tell you not to expect the best game ever, even if they made New Vegas.

CDPR could have followed that example instead of selling features that weren't there. Aren't they the ones that initially compared themselves to Rockstar in 2018?

all GAMES gets a greater enjoyment with the MODDERS comm. and they work for FREE 4 the COMM. while the GAME.CO gets praise of how good their GAMES R . give me a break plz. bcuz of MODDERS that ur games sells in the $million$ at lease have the decency not to lies/false.adv./cut.content/ and make us pay for DLC that was cut in game. we would have waited patiently another 1-2yrs. instead we got shity game now..

I don't even suggest that every NPC needs to have their own "life" or that they all have to react differently when you meet them on the streets.

But there are practically no reactions even of important NPCs to what you do in the story. At least the Afterlife crowd should react differently whether you come there for the first time and are a Rookie or whether you have street cred 50. If I'm already full of chrome and have a rep, why do all Ripperdocs treat me the same? Stuff like that. This can all be scripted to be triggered once you reach a certain threshold. This does not require hugely intelligent AI or something, just an attention to detail and good writing. If an indie studio like Supergiant can still let their NPCs have new lines even after more than 100 runs, why do the important NPCs in CP all end up like empty shells after their quests are done?
The blue stuff is kind of funny, in a way, seeing how you earn street cred by taking out bad guys, not just by slaving away for a fixer or another. So... That shouldn't affect how people see you inside The Afterlife. Maybe quite the opposite, ey? Anyone having deals with or working for the various gangs should actually put some distance between them and you with high street cred. Maybe NCPD, MaxTac and Netwatch should sing you praises at that point (and from there, you'd be able to lose street cred when choppin' down the long - and dumb - arm of the law, gaining favor with the gangs, maybe with fixers that are more on their side. I mean, Reggie could give you more stuff to do with high street cred, but Wakako would ignore you, especially if you built that street cred off of offing Tygers, this kind of stuff.

What's even more annoying is that you build your merc-rep by just doing main quests an' nothing else. Run 129238378 gigs and you're still at 1% in Act 1. Aaand, even when you DO get some higher rep (like, say, right before going to Embers), everyone still treats you like trash, yeah.

To summarize, you don't build your rep as a reliable merc by doing gigs, but by doing chores for Goro. Your street cred can't define your reputation as a reliable merc either, but rather as a loose cannon doing the work NCPD can't or won't do on its own. Higher rep doesn't give you better gigs (okay, it doesn't give a few, like Claire's), more dialogues with your favorite fixers, but just a hint as to how far you are from the end. Higher street cred gives you... More stuff to buy (that most of the time is arguably worse than what you can drop or craft) and access to more cyberwear - because, you know, ripperdocs do love themselves chroming up people that - even if they are not - do seem to act like MaxTac, shooting everything and everyone...

So you have 2 systems that keep track of your actions, both broken, both meaningless.

Last edited:
Telling us that you honestly did not encounter the bugs and technical issues on the last gen consoles is such a blatant lie, I have no words for it. If this video was meant as a damage control, it was a complete failure.
"Honest and open communication"....yeah, right.

The blue stuff is kind of funny, in a way, seeing how you earn street cred by taking out bad guys, not just by slaving away for a fixer or another. So... That shouldn't affect how people see you inside The Afterlife. Maybe quite the opposite, ey? t

I agree with most of what you wrote but not with that. Most of the people in the Afterlife are supposed to be mercs like you, they don't belong to any of the gangs. So they definitely should respect you if you succesfully close your gigs or are "cool" enough to take out a whole bunch of gangoons all by yourself.

What this game really needs regarding street cred would be a dynamic faction system where being respected by one gang does not necessarily mean another gang also likes you. Like, if you do a job for the Mox by taking out a Tyger Claws brothel, you should gain respect from Mox, but get on the Tyger Claws' bad side etc. And from the elite Afterlife guys you would earn respect by doing these jobs as good and stylishly (is that a word?) as you can.

Yes, I agree. But at least PC players can get their game fixed or improved upon in the future if CDPR does not do that for them. But what about us console players! Who is going to do the same for us in that instance! :(

PC gamer myself, but I fully agree - modding for consoles doesn't really work, does it? No to mention that even if that was possible, you could run into some optimization/porting issues with any unofficial mod, no matter how cool, given the console too-specific hardware limitations (even in new-gen).
EDIT: well, unless you would have different flavors of the same mod (X-Box version, PS4 version etc), which just kind of makes the point of modding have additional overhead...

Which btw reminds me of the elephant in the room - old-gen is still not optimized enough as a base game, so this optimization will unfortunately take precedence over any other thought about other console QoL improvements. And it will take time.

EDIT:
It will take time if we assume it actually can be achieved, because I fear that the sister elephant in the room is that perhaps it is not the workload of porting to consoles that failed due to "unforeseen complications and underestimation of the task", but the actual promise (and contract bindings that brought along) that it would work at some point (even with the new patches)... this, when such a task may in the end prove to be not feasible 100%... Just your friendly choomba rambling again... :)

Last edited:
How you going to try to play a game like this with some $600 toy box any way?
$600 is what PC players spend on an introductory casual gaming GPU by itself, and that doesn't include RAM, SSDs, cooling, the CPU, Performance Monitor, and input devices.
Have you even priced an RTX 3080?

Sure, CDPR made some mistakes with what it tried to say this game could get got played on ... but, seriously, realistically, how's anyone gonna a play anything on some $600 toy box?
God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, GTA V, RDR2 works just fine on $600 toy, so I dont understand your point.:shrug:

God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, GTA V, RDR2 works just fine on $600 toy, so I dont understand your point.:shrug:

On the other hand, RDR2 launch on PC was anything but fine.
It could not be launched at first and then many players had freezes (mine was 30s long each 1-2 min) I could play it about a month after the release.
In the same time period I finished CP with all quests I found, without game breakign bug and started another playtrough.

But yes, they really messed it up with the console release, especially after the "run suprisingly well" statement.
Not trying to deffend one wrong with another just have the impression people forget when comparing to the golden oldies.

Top Bottom