Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Just started the game and was in the bar area tinkering with DLSS settings and got the BSOD.

Super high spec, latest drivers, clean installed PC.

Bummer.

Attachments

• Image from iOS.jpg
    Image from iOS.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 187
same here, please help
i have the same problem here

Excatly the same here:
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
Message: The thread tried to execute an invalid instruction.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Running Windows10 Pro on a dual XEON 5650 with 48GB of RAM and RX470 8GB. No issues running MS FLightsim 2020 on ultra but this dies 5 min in? co wy robicie!

Attachments

• report.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 75
I have an i7 980 with an RTX 570 and also crashing.

Please CD Project fix the AVX support, we really would like to play with CP2077.

Thanks!

I'm using an AMD graphic card and I've checked the updates from AMD software. I think that's where the problem came from, I just had to update my graphic system. And now I can play normally.

thanks for your answers ^^'

I've found a slight workaround for crashes during startup. You have to delete the "Cyberpunk 2077" folder in appdata, it doesn't fix the crashes entirely but it's less frequent. It deletes your setting, so it's somehow related to the crashing.

"C:\Users\*[USERNAME]*\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077""

Ugh now it doesn't work anymore, I'm getting frustrated.

I have an i7 980 with an RTX 570 and also crashing.

Please CD Project fix the AVX support, we really would like to play with CP2077.

Thanks!

the thing is its not like the game does not run at all there are inly few plaxes where the game does not run
seems to easiere as in case of ubisoft where the game would not run at all

i can't even launch the game. tried updating my drivers and turning off overlays, no luck. 24 hours from requesting a refund and not looking back.

bro this forum is 10 pages long and it seems like they CD project red hasn't noticed this yet
Trust me, they've noticed and are working on issues. In the meantime they've provided the general suggestions I linked on the last page. They have to dive through specific reports before they can up with specific trends to offer user-end solutions and or patch issues.

Regardless of anything else, having a seperate launcher for

So that's how you verify the file install - https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...l/issue/1562/verify-integrity-of-game-cache-1. For anyone else, too.

TBH it feels like the only thing most of us can do is just wait until everything has been patched.

Interesting. It just said that 1 file failed to be checked and is being reacquired. Let's see what happens.

Edit:

It just added a 7.2 GB download.

OK. I am in!

It got past the launcher, into the main menu. Closed it straight away and came back to post this.

Verify the files here - https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...l/issue/1562/verify-integrity-of-game-cache-1. When I did this through Steam, it saw that the 2nd of the two files weren't complete (I guess?) and redownloaded them.

It's probably worth doing this alongside all the other steps, but so far so good. Going to launch it again and will report back later.

Hey guys, I found workaround :sleep::sleep:
It might be too much, but I managed to launch game by that way.
I downloaded latest windows from here:
And installed it on different disk. Cyberpunk succesfully launched there.

Hey guys I made it work thanks to a post in this thread and I think I found the culprit at least for me.

This should work for those of us that had the crash after the character creation and then couldn't get the game to start.

1) Go and delete the cache and config file (do not reverify game files) this will let you run the game.
C:\Users\konra\AppData\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

2) Don't touch the Fidelity FX dynamic settings. After fiddleing with all settings these are the ones that cause the CTD on my system.

Specs:

i5 2500k @4.6
RX 480 8GB
16GB Ram DDR3

*I know old!

It's working now I only wish I had an FPS counter. It feels like 25-35FPS on Med-High.

Top Bottom