Cyberpunk 2077 Racing Chat

+
It's time for another map.

Of course, it helps that I looped through the city for hundreds of hours, so I can think up many racing paths.

This one is named Razor. I don't know if that is obvious, the Dragon on the Tower got the name because the map looks like it. It's the same with Razor. Check it up in the first post. Here is the video preview (below). The start is aligned with the end of that left concrete padding under the railway, the end is as soon as the vehicle's nose passes the line between the two boards.

About planting own race paths in a more organized manner, I think with enough time dedication, one could hijack the mechanism used for actual races in Claire's quest, all with the timer and stuff. Tho, that is beyond my ability of time dedication.

By the way, did you mean to do these with your motorcycle? My times are rather lazy, I didn't go so far for perfect runs, just ones that are all right. Nothing should be too hard to beat! I've shared my car to level the playing field. If everyone has the same car, then it's a fair run. Also, if you can make that Cali even better, go for it!

Last edited:
It's time for another map.
Great.

I have one too. How about a rally race? Call it Red Peaks since it starts and ends there. See the vid.

This one is named Razor. I don't know if that is obvious, the Dragon on the Tower got the name because the map looks like it. It's the same with Razor.
Haha, very imaginative.
About planting own race paths in a more organized manner, I think with enough time dedication, one could hijack the mechanism used for actual races in Claire's quest, all with the timer and stuff. Tho, that is beyond my ability of time dedication.
I think not. Seems the racing guides are scripted. Thoroughly hard coded with the gigs that contain them. The very fact that no modder, not even Jack, offered them up after almost 2.5 years, to me, is proof of that. No choice but to just make do with props, placeables.
By the way, did you mean to do these with your motorcycle?
Initially, but decided to do them with a car, since you are using a car mostly. Motorcycles and cars in Cyberpunk, are 2 completely different vehicles.

Did the first race on the "Red Peaks Rally Race" with a vanilla Archer Quartz "Sidewinder". Pretty sure you'll have to reconfigure your Cali for this one.

Still need to study Razor. Keep you posted.

Red Peaks Rally Race with the heavily tuned Thorton Mackinaw "Warhorse".

Made another attempt at your 7:31.

Last edited:
Hi, hi! Just to show that I respect the turf, I did a somewhat bashing ride through Red Peaks Rally Race path with my Cali.

This ride is too disturbing to be my official, so will just let it sit there until I give it another one played with more finesse. I have to say Badlands are actually the place I avoided driving through since the beginning of the time, so I have to get the feel of the terrain first. Else, I see no trouble for my Cali to own the place. She can handle any mapped road!

Tho, it looks like I hit just a razor short of your time. Started during 00:10, finished during 5:52, that is like 5:43 at worst. None too shabby for the level of prepared I am. Betcha it's possible to run the car at over '100' through that tunnel. Notice how many times I had to lose time or momentum. Betcha my Cali can do much better on that path!

Oh, right, feel free to blast everything with your motorcycle. It is easy enough to make out what is what in the lists, and nothing is a good reason to inhibit you from showing your motorcycle's true potential.

[vid removed]

Last edited:
Time for an update from me. I've had some sleep some 17 hours ago, done with work, here's the Badlands loop Red Peaks Rally Race. I hit under 5:25. It can be even better. Don't get bumped back by the rail track, don't fly out, don't get almost totaled against a windmill, don't miss the last turn, know the map even better, keep the gas squeezed. Betcha that a master drifter can squeeze under 5 minutes from my Cali on that map.

Time for an update from me. I've had some sleep some 17 hours ago, done with work, here's the Badlands loop Red Peaks Rally Race. I hit under 5:25. It can be even better. Don't get bumped back by the rail track, don't fly out, don't get almost totaled against a windmill, don't miss the last turn, know the map even better, keep the gas squeezed. Betcha that a master drifter can squeeze under 5 minutes from my Cali on that map.

Wow, that's awesome. Good run.

I've found them. The Beast Race Checkpoints.

CYBERPUNK 2077 Race checkpoints.png

They're in here:

Although the mod was in my game since forever, have yet to test it out. The checkpoints don't register unfortunately, but at least they can be placed to show the way. Don't spawn the cars on the list, else your game might CTD. Hope it has road segments so you can create your own roads like in Simcity. That would explode incentive sky-high.

Should also check out this mod from the same modder:

Seemingly you can record your own driving and movement from any object, and replay it from any object, so you can take cool bypass shots of your own race. Really awesome.

Greetings @LeKill3rFou

If you happen to come in the neighborhood of this location, will you be so kind as to mimic this repro in the video to confirm the issue on your console? You can find the railway crossing if you take a left at the end of the triple 6 freeway.

I've just filed it to Support because am already sure it occurs in the vanilla game, but still would like a confirmation of a console player. Thanks.

Last edited:
No problem, I'll check that ;)
Post automatically merged:

So, I don't have access to all the cars, so say me if it only happen with the car you drove in your video, but it doesn't seem to happen on Xbox. I tried with the only car I have and the "lowest" one available to purchase.
(Sorry for the low quality, Youtube still processing the video for the higher qualities)

Last edited:
No problem, I'll check that ;)

So, I don't have access to all the cars, so say me if it only happen with the car you drove in your video, but it doesn't seem to happen on Xbox. I tried with the only car I have and the "lowest" one available to purchase.
(Sorry for the low quality, Youtube still processing the video for the higher qualities)
Thank you for the video.

It's unfortunate you don't own the Mizutani Shion "Coyote", as that is the only one vehicle without a suspension. Confirmation of other console players is highly desirable but, maybe once it gets examined, a blank part in it's programming might be discovered.

Once again, thanks for your effort and time. Appreciate it. ;)(y)

Thank you for the video.

It's unfortunate you don't own the Mizutani Shion "Coyote", as that is the only one vehicle without a suspension. Confirmation of other console players is highly desirable but, maybe once it gets examined, a blank part in it's programming might be discovered.

Once again, thanks for your effort and time. Appreciate it. ;)(y)
I think I could manage to buy the car, I just need to complete one GIG for Dakota and wandering around for a little while. So not a big deal :)
(I can't buy it right now not because "money", but because I keep as much GIGs as possible for the end of game to get cool legendary stuff. So I didn't complete any Dakota's GIG yet^^)

Here we go :)
So yeah, it happen with the Mizutani Shion "Coyote" on console too ;)
(at high speed, you literally fly^^)

14-05-2023_01-23-50-k0vpq52k.jpg

I wonder, in 1.62, did they fix the speedometer (the vehicle one in first person view) which freeze when opening the map while driving ?

Last edited:
You might have noticed how that rail car pass went for me during my speedrun. I also gave it a few more passes now. No suspension needed (I'm very sarcastic there), at my Cali's speeds it happens as a launch elevation and the car takes off into the air. I am curious what happens if I hit this space at the speed of 3000+. It likely just passes over without any perceived bump.
I wonder, in 1.62, did they fix the speedometer (the vehicle one in first person view) which freeze when opening the map while driving ?
Wait, is that what causes my speedometer to get stuck to zero?
For real. When I am in the interior view, and open the map, the speedometer freezes at what it was.
I guess that answers the question.
Although the mod was in my game since forever, have yet to test it out. The checkpoints don't register unfortunately, but at least they can be placed to show the way. Don't spawn the cars on the list, else your game might CTD. Hope it has road segments so you can create your own roads like in Simcity. That would explode incentive sky-high.

Seemingly you can record your own driving and movement from any object, and replay it from any object, so you can take cool bypass shots of your own race. Really awesome.
Very nice! You could give it a try if you have time. I am fine at the present level of how things are going

Last edited:
Here we go :)
So yeah, it happen with the Mizutani Shion "Coyote" on console too ;)
(at high speed, you literally fly^^)
Thank you. That's the confirmation I was looking for. Now only need to wait for acknowledgement of Support, then the "Coyote" will finally get the service it so drastically needs.

Wait, is that what causes my speedometer to get stuck to zero?
For real. When I am in the interior view, and open the map, the speedometer freezes at what it was.
I guess that answers the question.
Wait a minute. So that happens on console too!? Thought it was the Accurate Speedometer mod as I started to notice shortly after it was installed.
Never made a fuss about it as it is easy avoidable but yes, it does still happen in the current version of the game. Thanks for clearing that up.

Very nice! You could give it a try if you have time. I am fine at the present level of how things are going
Already am using it. Just need to find out how to save them all, but it's written out on the description of the mod.

So you have a photographic memory? Well, in that case you don't need it. I do, cause I do not have a photographic memory, but do want to invent more complicated routes. Found rally racing in the Eastern parts of the Badlands in addition to racing on the ring highway, exceptionally pleasurable.

Already have a new route. Call it the "Red Peaks Rally Race Extreme". The intent is that you drive on as many roads as possible, but:
"You never drive on the same road twice." Well, except at the start/finish ofcourse.

Red Peaks Rally Race Extreme.png

So you have a photographic memory? Well, in that case you don't need it. I do, cause I do not have a photographic memory, but do want to invent more complicated routes. Found rally racing in the Eastern parts of the Badlands in addition to racing on the ring highway, exceptionally pleasurable.
Here is how it works for me... I first learn the map, meaning all roads. Then I just watch the recording, and remember the sequence of the places where I need to be and to pass through. I didn't play much in the Badlands, so that was a bit challenging. I solved it by remembering LSR pointers for the part of the road I didn't know. LSR stands for left-straight-right. I have it on a piece of paper in case I forgot. The part of the road I didn't know was like LSL || LSLL. The "||" being that pass over the highway.

So, yeah, once I know the map, you could call it almost a BD memory, except there's no tech involved. When I don't, I resort to simple pointers, like memorizing LSR.

You might have noticed how that rail car pass went for me during my speedrun.
Yes, it's a very good suspension tester.
I also gave it a few more passes now. No suspension needed (I'm very sarcastic there), at my Cali's speeds it happens as a launch elevation and the car takes off into the air. I am curious what happens if I hit this space at the speed of 3000+. It likely just passes over without any perceived bump.
Haha, with 3000+ you'll fly over the entire area.
Here is how it works for me... I first learn the map, meaning all roads. Then I just watch the recording, and remember the sequence of the places where I need to be and to pass through. I didn't play much in the Badlands, so that was a bit challenging. I solved it by remembering LSR pointers for the part of the road I didn't know. LSR stands for left-straight-right. I have it on a piece of paper in case I forgot. The part of the road I didn't know was like LSL || LSLL. The "||" being that pass over the highway.

So, yeah, once I know the map, you could call it almost a BD memory, except there's no tech involved. When I don't, I resort to simple pointers, like memorizing LSR.
Ah, that's smart. It was easy for me in that way that the route was mostly going over the outer roads and only 3 or 4 times you needed to turn right. all other times you needed to turn left. The other routes you mostly needed to take a left or right at a T-section. Those are always easy to remember.

Last edited:
Yes, it's a very good suspension tester.
Bumper height too, lol. F1 drivers would have to get creative there.

Tho, here is one of the good things about low profile high-speed cars.

Does anyone feel like running Razor? It is the next thing on my list. I will be spending morning in the city with some Chai Tea Latte and making plans for the next week. Corpo stuff.

I can't buy it right now not because "money",
I wish I could 'lend' you some, choom. CDPR ought to add MP and co-op.
In the case you wondered where's that from, harassing respawning gangs is a highly profitable business.

Screenshot 2023-05-14 09-59-01.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone feel like running Razor? It is the next thing on my list. I will be spending morning in the city with some Chai Tea Latte and making plans for the next week. Corpo stuff.
Was planning to do Razor, but this awesome Object Spawner mod got all my attention at the moment. Some "objects" are colossal. Gave me almost a cardiac arrest the first time they spawned. Haven't even spawned the mega towers yet.

Found out how to save them. Now need to find out where they are saved. Probably in Documents.

Here is a funny moment from trying to do the CW direction on the highway loop.

Something that occurred to me is that the inner route might be shorter than the outer route. They may need to be considered different paths, with advantages and disadvantages.

Ah yes, the vid. My car is black, because it loses textures after enough reloads.

I wish I could 'lend' you some, choom. CDPR ought to add MP and co-op.
In the case you wondered where's that from, harassing respawning gangs is a highly profitable business.
It wasn't a "money issue", I didn't even start the main quest in Act 2 (Goro still wait me at Tom's Diner) and I already have half a million eddies (almost earned 100K while waiting Dakota's car offers^^) :)

It wasn't a "money issue", I didn't even start the main quest in Act 2 (Goro still wait me at Tom's Diner) and I already have half a million eddies (almost earned 100K while waiting Dakota's car offers^^) :)
I was almost hoping to have a conversation like

Do I have to say it?
- Yes, you do.
You are my mommy.
- Yes, I am.
And I love you.
- You so do.
And I am so lucky to have you.
- Yes, you are.
Can I have my pocket money now?

It's Mother's Day today btw, so ... okay. Back to the topic, I guess. I updated my first Razor score.

Btw, Goro always waits for me till I am done pretty much with every single other thing. I essentially go from talking to him to talking to Oda to showing him who's the mommy, to getting ready to go Nova in the Arasaka tower, to chopping off Adam's head. And slotting Alt into Mikoshi. Probably not in that order.

Btw, Goro always waits for me till I am done pretty much with every single other thing.
Used to do that too, until I noticed that if you let Goro wait in the diner, a couple of gigs and side jobs, will not unlock. Since then I always go to the diner first, and then go off story and do everything else until the last.

Hey you guys,

Here's the video guide for the Red Peaks Rally Race Extreme. Wanna learn this route out of my head as fast as I can.

Last edited:
Used to do that too, until I noticed that if you let Goro wait in the diner, a couple of gigs and side jobs, will not unlock. Since then I always go to the diner first, and then go off story and do everything else until the last.

Hey you guys,

Here's the video guide for the Red Peaks Rally Race Extreme. Wanna learn this route out of my head as fast as I can.

See, there are a few things do to to describe this path, since the video and the map image mismatch in that off-road area, one showing a perpendicular approach to the two-container passage, the other the exit between the two types of road railings.

Screenshot from 2023-05-15 05-48-52.jpg

Then between the two, before exiting to the road.

Screenshot from 2023-05-15 05-49-21.jpg

Screenshot from 2023-05-15 05-49-35.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom