Cyberpunk 2077 Racing Chat

+
See, there are a few things do to to describe this path, since the video and the map image mismatch in that off-road area, one showing a perpendicular approach to the two-container passage, the other the exit between the two types of road railings.
Yeah, you're right.

20230515144858_1.jpg

The truth is that without being too familiar with the Badlands map, I drew out the course with red lines first, and then went out with a vehicle to scout the route on site, and place all those checkpoints. When I arrived there, was when I realized it was a totally different landscape. Unfortunately do not have the means to be super accurate drawing lines on pics, but how about this?

Red Peaks Rally Race Extreme.png

By the way, because the path between the off point and the 2 containers is uncharted, racers are free to traverse it how they want.

Here it is, my first run of the Red Peaks Rally Race Extreme route. (NM) and with traffic, although you do not see any traffic.

I am still monitoring it, but up until now it looks like that, when the game starts in the Eastern parts of the Badlands, traffic does not spawn for as long you remain in the Eastern parts of the Badlands.

Only when going back to the intersection of the triple 6 with the sideroad that leads to River, will the traffic start spawning.
No idea whether or not it's mod related, or game related. Have no traffic mods in the game whatsoever that touches the traffic, which indicates to me that it's game related.

See, I am contemplating to have my Cali jump off the cliff and stop by bumping sidewise against that pile of containers. It can fly over half of the map, given sufficient speed.
Well, if you think that's way faster, then by all means. As long you go off the road between the guardrails and the blockages where the checkpoint stands, and drive between the 2 containers where the next checkpoint stands, onto the dirt road.

Update: Just received word from Support concerning the "Coyote"'s lack of a suspension; They did NOT acknowledge the issue.

To me, that can only mean one thing. Either they ONLY eventually acknowledge reported issues from PC players that mention that they've never used mods before, or, it's deemed that the "Coyote" is fully working as intended.

Needless to say, it'll take a bunch of console players to report this issue, for it to stand any chance of ever getting fixed.

Last edited:
Well, if you think that's way faster, then by all means. As long you go off the road between the guardrails and the blockages where the checkpoint stands, and drive between the 2 containers where the next checkpoint stands, onto the dirt road.
As long as you don't get much used to asking my Cali to go off-road. I might have to pass on those challenges and leave it to others.

Update: Just received word from Support concerning the "Coyote"'s lack of a suspension; They did NOT acknowledge the issue.

To me, that can only mean one thing. Either they ONLY eventually acknowledge reported issues from PC players that mention that they've never used mods before, or, it's deemed that the "Coyote" is fully working as intended.

Needless to say, it'll take a bunch of console players to report this issue, for it to stand any chance of ever getting fixed.
Hmm. What if it really is working as intended... a big fast turtle with stiff suspension for that extra bump everyone longs for.
Can't it be added via the overhaul scripts?

Report sent ;)
Capture d’écran 2023-05-15 à 18.37.30.jpg

As long as you don't get much used to asking my Cali to go off-road. I might have to pass on those challenges and leave it to others.
Well, you're way too fast on asphalt with that thing. But don't you worry, this is the last one. Not so much interested in the South parts of the Badlands. Too many lame straight stretches, invisible walls, blocked roads, abandoned sites, it's horrible. Besides, had actually expected you to skip this route altogether, as Caliburns need asphalt to come to full glory.

But ofcourse, if you don't want to do it, don't. I invented it for fun, not to experience agony.
Hmm. What if it really is working as intended... a big fast turtle with stiff suspension for that extra bump everyone longs for.
Can't it be added via the overhaul scripts?
Out of experience communicating with CDPR Support, they would've confirmed that the Mizutani Shion "Coyote" was "Working as intended".

But they didn't.

They just thanked me for giving the feedback. That's just something you'd say to a customer of whos report, although noted, will NOT be taking into account.

Did try to add the suspension of other vehicles to the "Coyote" through the overhaul scripts several times, but it didn't work in not one case. Presumably, because the "Foundation" of "Coyote"'s suspension simply isn't there. It was also confirmed by the modder of CVO that the "Coyote" has no suspension.
Report sent ;)
Capture d’écran 2023-05-15 à 18.37.30.jpg
Many thanks. Hope that'll help.

Last edited:
I gave the Red Peaks Rally Race Extreme a first stretch, to see if I got the paths right.

Look, there are roads that I probably passed for the first time ever. My Cali also had a very bad luck on this run, even the highway was throwing it around. So, I hope you get the 'Press F to pay respects' reference from the ending.

Ah yes, the start, I was probing stuff around that jump and then I noticed the gang. The rest is history. I had to make them a part of my first run. And it's a funny thing about that Sandevistan. Before I watched the video about David Martinez, I never ever wanted to purchase or use Sandevistan. I avoided it like plague. Seeing it made me hop in my Cali and visit my good ol` pal Fingers (just kidding about all of the aforementioned, `cept I wanted Sandevistan at that point), to remind him that I didn't punch him in the face so he owed me one. Oh yeah, Sandevistan can be fun. And, nopes, the Max Tac can't touch me.

Ah yes, the recording. I didn't even look at the clock for this run, but let me do it now... start 1:36-, end 13:24, so... that is like 11:49-.

Wait till it processes.

Well, you're way too fast on asphalt with that thing. But don't you worry, this is the last one. Not so much interested in the South parts of the Badlands. Too many lame straight stretches, invisible walls, blocked roads, abandoned sites, it's horrible. Besides, had actually expected you to skip this route altogether, as Caliburns need asphalt to come to full glory.

But ofcourse, if you don't want to do it, don't. I invented it for fun, not to experience agony.

Nah, not agony. It's just that the roads are sh*t, and tha's only appropriate and to be expected from the sh*tlands. I despise the place, as a native corpo (I promise, that sounded better in my head before it got written).

If I were hard-pressed to win, hum... have fun, I'd copy beast's suspension to Cali and watch the thing fly over the, ehm, sh*tlands. lolz

Out of experience communicating with CDPR Support, they would've confirmed that the Mizutani Shion "Coyote" was "Working as intended".

But they didn't.

They just thanked me for giving the feedback. That's just something you'd say to a customer of whos report, although noted, will NOT be taking into account.

I am not so sure. CS is sometimes so scripted that it's awkward. [corpo line]
But I don't expect them to change the car. [another corpo line]

I gave the Red Peaks Rally Race Extreme a first stretch, to see if I got the paths right.

Look, there are roads that I probably passed for the first time ever. My Cali also had a very bad luck on this run, even the highway was throwing it around. So, I hope you get the 'Press F to pay respects' reference from the ending.

Ah yes, the start, I was probing stuff around that jump and then I noticed the gang. The rest is history. I had to make them a part of my first run. And it's a funny thing about that Sandevistan. Before I watched the video about David Martinez, I never ever wanted to purchase or use Sandevistan. I avoided it like plague. Seeing it made me hop in my Cali and visit my good ol` pal Fingers (just kidding about all of the aforementioned, `cept I wanted Sandevistan at that point), to remind him that I didn't punch him in the face so he owed me one. Oh yeah, Sandevistan can be fun. And, nopes, the Max Tac can't touch me.

Ah yes, the recording. I didn't even look at the clock for this run, but let me do it now... start 1:36-, end 13:24, so... that is like 11:49-.
Wow, what a run! Set a new time, and got yourself a totally different car along the way, haha. But seriously, great run. Standing ovation for learning the route out of your head so quickly. And that in the region you hate most. Respect!

I'll be honest, never thought you would even bother as you mentioned before that you hate the place. So thank you for accepting it nonetheless. It's the first time for me too, traversing most roads in the Eastern parts of the Badlands. That's the fun part of,
"You never drive on the same road twice."
But I don't expect them to change the car.
Not if no one reports it, no. But now that at least one console player has reported it, They might examine it, and my hope is that they'll at least find a shortcoming in the "Coyote"s programming.

Have an (M) run of the Red Peaks Rally Race Extreme ready.

Another run of the Red Peaks Rally Race Extreme attempted on a bike.

Last edited:
And that in the region you hate most.
Did I say hate? When I hear it back, methinks it's too strong of a word.
They may grow on me, but it is far further down on the list of liked places from where the city is.

Today morning I had second run, just to carry my Cali in one piece through this, and it's actually possible, it just needs practice. Though, I am afraid that this run will put in some step-on-it. I thought I would just survive, but I actually hit the 10:30 mark.

Did I say hate? When I hear it back, methinks it's too strong of a word.
I despise the place
I don't know, but erm, seems to me these two are no too far apart.

Great run! Again, highest respect for knowing the entire route out of your head so quickly.

Orchestrating the Red Peaks Rally Race Extreme and the Object Spawner mod, made me forget all about the Razer route.
Here it is. First attempt with the modded Thorton Mackinaw "Warhorse", without traffic.

Ran the Dragon on the Tower (The Barricade) route with the modded "Warhorse", without annoying cars.

Dragon on the Tower (The Underwater Tunnel) route without traffickers and (M) vehicle.

Last edited:
See? Toldya it wasn't hard to beat those times.
But, we have a bit of a travesty at hand. A Cali leads in Badlands and a Mackinaw leads in the city. The overlords of the cyberspace will come to smite us.
Post automatically merged:

Though, got to say, you are sure talent.

Here is a funny moment I wanted to share. This is what happens when novices toy with our roads.

Last edited:
See? Toldya it wasn't hard to beat those times.
But, we have a bit of a travesty at hand. A Cali leads in Badlands and a Mackinaw leads in the city. The overlords of the cyberspace will come to smite us.
Haha, tell Johnny. He'll pop 'em right between the eyes.
Though, got to say, you are sure talent.

Here is a funny moment I wanted to share. This is what happens when novices toy with our roads.
Thanks. You too. About that unfinished bridge.

First of, I thought that it had collapsed. Second, back in 1.2 I attempted to make the jump with the Caliburn. When I flew off the ramp, I hit an invisible wall, tumbled straight down and got the red flatline screen. During a run of the Red Peaks Rally Race, I missed the turn, slipped out of control and fell in. But the red flatline screen did not pop until I almost hit the ground below. Begs the question if that jump now can be attempted.

Edit: Just jumped across with the Brennan. It was stupidly easy.

Last edited:
Is that about the place where Scorpion's body went?

I've tried to get to the place where the body supposedly is. There is a large death plane in that canyon that makes it impossible. It will also kill V inside car. Usually, V can cheat death with any fall made in a car, as long as it doesn't blow up, which is practically impossible from a single fall alone.

I think that shard I found is from two chaps who dared each other into making the short flight that I unintentionally did.

Edit: Just jumped across with the Brennan. It was stupidly easy.
Can you get back?

Is that about the place where Scorpion's body went?
Precisely. Those gonks on the shard mentioned the "collapsed bridge". That is why I thought about it. Always thought that that bridge had collapsed, perhaps due to the nuclear explosion.
Can you get back?
Yeah. Found my way back. But not without my super jump. Else there's no way.

I climbed up the rockbeds and walked my way North along the canyon until the border teleport hit, which I knew should be nearby. When it did, I descended down the canyon to the other side, but not without sustaining multiple bloody noses. Each jump down was from a very high point. Climbed up the rockbeds on the other side of the canyon.

That's how I got back, haha.

Edit: Inspected that colossal large crane like construction. It has a hitbox. that surprised me, really.

Last edited:
Tried to do that, but unfortunately, the super jump couldn't reach that high. Too bad you didn't show how you got up that thing. Yeah, I know, the Freefly mod. But I wanted to try to get back the conventional way, on foot.

Speaking of free flying, there's an update for the "Let There Be Flight" mod, in case you didn't know already. Look on its comment section. There's a poster with the download link. Make sure to equally update all its dependency mods. Can finally attempt to crack the brennan's time on the ring highway.

Tip
Tried to do that, but unfortunately, the super jump couldn't reach that high. Too bad you didn't show how you got up that thing. Yeah, I know, the Freefly mod. But I wanted to try to get back the conventional way, on foot.
Now, do you really think I'd be selling you cheap tricks? I made the vid to encourage you to try.

Of course if you can't do it, watch a pro. I did drive my Cali for hundreds of hours, but what I did even more of is get into the areas players aren't not supposed to get in... with zero mods. Btw, I shot that vid before you asked, I knew someone might raise questions.

K, that came out sh***ier than it should have been. I meant, here is a solution, under spoiler.

Last edited:
Tip

Now, do you really think I'd be selling you cheap tricks? I made the vid to encourage you to try.

Of course if you can't do it, watch a pro. I did drive my Cali for hundreds of hours, but what I did even more of is get into the areas players aren't not supposed to get in... with zero mods. Btw, I shot that vid before you asked, I knew someone might raise questions.

K, that came out sh***ier than it should have been. I meant, here is a solution, under spoiler.
Wow, that's fantastic. Even without the LTBF mod, your Cali feels right at home in the air.

Wow, that's fantastic. Even without the LTBF mod, your Cali feels right at home in the air.
Thank you, but I think we shouldn't just brush off the "watch a pro" thing. I meant it as a boast, but it ended up sounding salty. No need for that, both for the boast and the salty interpretation. All in all, you can now see how it's done. And you can also give me a praise for being the daredevil.

You've been mentioning the Let There Be Flight mod, so I had a peek at its changelog.

Version 0.1.6​

• Disables flight physics updates outside flight mode by default
Yikes! Shouldn't that render it useless for on-ground runs? Though, the word 'by default' is encouraging, it suggests that this might be changeable.

I don't like this mod, because it carries so much stuff that is very fragile. Perhaps I could try to do better to track all the sh*t it adds among files, but so far it has been requiring full game reinstall every time CP2077 updated. This breakage of mods has been the main mark of CP2077 experience in the last couple of years, so can't wait for the game to stop with updates.

Thank you, but I think we shouldn't just brush off the "watch a pro" thing. I meant it as a boast, but it ended up sounding salty. No need for that, both for the boast and the salty interpretation. All in all, you can now see how it's done. And you can also give me a praise for being the daredevil.

You've been mentioning the Let There Be Flight mod, so I had a peek at its changelog.

Yikes! Shouldn't that render it useless for on-ground runs? Though, the word 'by default' is encouraging, it suggests that this might be changeable.

I don't like this mod, because it carries so much stuff that is very fragile. Perhaps I could try to do better to track all the sh*t it adds among files, but so far it has been requiring full game reinstall every time CP2077 updated. This breakage of mods has been the main mark of CP2077 experience in the last couple of years, so can't wait for the game to stop with updates.
Yeah, you are the daredevil alright. Knew that already. But I know you got the Freefly up your sleeve in case it runs astray.

Looks to me that LTBF is in full development. It crashes my game in a matter of minutes. Since all the flight mechanics are messed up, presume he had to build it from the ground up again, and expect he has to do it yet again when the expansion hits. Does look promising, though. I love how the new boosters look.

Version 0.1.6
  • Disables flight physics updates outside flight mode by default
Yikes! Shouldn't that render it useless for on-ground runs?
My bike behaved very weird outside flight mode, like not braking, being very light weighted. My guess is he means that that will no longer occur outside flight mode. Here's hoping he leaves the speed limit disablement in effect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom