Cyberpunk...Heck yes! (Meet and Greet)

+
Cyberpunk...Heck yes! (Meet and Greet)

I am super excited about this game, I feel there are not enough good cyberpunk games out there currently. I really have high hopes for this game! A bunch of my friends are pretty into Steampunk themed things. However I am not! I love cyberpunk themed things, even to the point I made a cyberpunk nerf gun!

Ive been playing a few betas recently and I have been impressed with some, and not with others. I really hope you guys do really well. I am not entirely certain if this game is going to be a MMO or a single player RPG. Either way, I hope to see some kind of founders package so that I can show my support to you guys.

I play regularly with around 5-10 other gamers every day in betas and other games. With this being said, i hope to see more information about this game! :) The trailer sold me, along with them as well. I hope to meet some of the other forum users to discuss this game together.

Yeah, I am just as excited for this game. I actually just finished participating in the FFXIV: ARR alpha...amazing how much they have improved upon that game since its initial release.

I heard about this game on the overclock.net forums and a lot of people were saying how amazing CDPR is. I have to say this latest teaser trailer has really got my blood pumping. I love cyberpunk and neotokyo stuff so I love the idea of the game. I never played any of their other games, I have heard The Witcher 2 was really good though. So i might have to pick that up and check it out. I hope this game delivers on every front, have high hopes for it. Welcome to the forums

So, are we supposed to say a little about ourselves since this is a "meet and greet"? lol

Well, I'm from Montreal, Canada. Been a cyberpunk (the genre, not the rpg) nut for as long as I can remember (borderline obsessive). I collect anything remotely related to the genre, from films to games, art to music. Unfortunately, I'm the only one in my circle who is into the genre, so it's hard to have good discussions with my friends lol Although I am slowly getting a few hooked to the Android: Netrunner card game, so maybe they'll be interested in more cybermedia hehe

Cyberpunk games have been few and far between, but luckily things have been looking up lately! Deus Ex: HR was definitely a godsend, and Remember Me looks like it might be another great one (well... the gameplay looks a little shoddy, but it's ripe with cyber-atmosphere)!

It's hard to pick a favorite cyberpunk film (that isn't Blade Runner haha) since there are SO MANY great ones, but off the top of my head, the one that really got to me was Armitage III. Anyone seen that? Damn I love that OVA.

Also from Canada. I've been into Cpunk since a friend convinced me to read Neuromancer a very long time ago and then another friend convinced me to try Cyberpunk, the original black-box version. Ah, friends. I've since fallen so hard into the damn genre that I can quote stats for the Militech Ronin nearly by heart, ( just can't remember the range...), and I've watched our world of the future from thirty years ago rapidly slide into the world of today.

Nice find on Remember Me, by the way. I'll keep an eye out. A silly Cyberpunk film you might like is Nemesis. A better anime is, of course, Ghost in The Shell the Series. Battle Angel Alita and AD Police are fun, too. A manga I quite liked is BLAME!. Another is EDEN: An Endless World. Lastly read Appleseed - just excellent. And watch the anime.

I have Extremely high hopes for a quality game thats different from my usual routine that I can spend hundreds of hours on while it grows.

Nice find on Remember Me, by the way. I'll keep an eye out. A silly Cyberpunk film you might like is Nemesis. A better anime is, of course, Ghost in The Shell the Series. Battle Angel Alita and AD Police are fun, too. A manga I quite liked is BLAME!. Another is EDEN: An Endless World. Lastly read Appleseed - just excellent. And watch the anime.

Oh, Appleseed (manga, original anime, newer anime + sequel) are near and dear to my heart my good man! And of course anything GITS is gold. Battle Angel, holy crap I remember watching that as a kid. Haven't seen it in years, but all I remember is a dog getting sliced up by some cyborg's claws and the girl's little buddy getting killed off by organ traffickers. Or something lol

Battle Angel Alita is also a manga, and pretty good. Read EDEN: An Endless World, if you get the chance. Very uncompromising. Ergo Proxy is pretty good, although more post-human than near-human. Whatever that may mean.

"The man who bites his tongue" from the A.D. Police Files is a really good look at watching a man descend into Cyberpsychosis in the line of duty.

Greets, ladies and gents. And the rest of ya. Ha.

Currently residing in the 'burbs of Los Angeles. Got introduced to the genre in the late '80s, haven't looked back since.

All time fave movie: Blade Runner (of course.) Second fave: Akira. Still. *nods*

Casual life-hacker in my free-time, and career social engineer (ie tech support. ie trying to talk people though doing what you need them to do to get their ish fixed. F'kn noobs. =p )

Hi, nice to meet you all :) This community is growing so fast already.

I'm excited about this game, although I got into cyberpunk less than a year ago, after a friend finally convinced me to play Deus Ex. DX1 followed DX:HR, which was followed by me feverishly reading about creation of the game, which lead to a crash course on cyberpunk and learning about it for the rest of the year. I'm no expert, but I'm having a lot of fun reading cyberpunk communities here and there, and catching up with all the literature. Hopefully there will be a lot more to learn about in these forums :)

Let me just say.... I about soiled my self when I caught the trailer.

And hello to you all from up in Washington rear the Redmond barrens if ya get my drift
I have been PnP player so long ago I remember running GURPS from SJgames and I was super big what shadowrun as well , so much that I have some of the original art drawings of shadow run (earl geier) on my wall lol Ill post a scan of a couple of them in the art section, back in the late 90's I lived in a game shop(upstairs) we played this amongst others. Cant wait !

I'm from Finland and a long time CP2020 GM. Granted, it has been a while since I last ran the game (or any other RPGs for that matter) but it is one of the two of my favorite RPGs.

So, my hopes are really high on this one.

I am super excited about this game and HUGELY looking forward to it. I am a fan of CP2020 and even love CyberGeneration (minus the mutant powers; I used the I.S.A. background and a deadly Carbon Plague as an excuse for the erection of a police state for my home campaign however).

If you're interested (and don't mind that most content is German) you can still find loads of CP2020 material on my blog (just ignore the first article as it's in every blog category with cyberpunk context):

http://rabenwelten.wordpress.com/category/gekrahe-blog/cyberpunk-now/

http://rabenwelten.wordpress.com/category/04-cyberpunk/

http://rabenwelten.wordpress.com/category/projekt-cyb3rpunk/

http://rabenwelten.wordpress.com/category/projekt-generation-z/

CP2020 (along with Warhammer Fantasy RP) was my first Pen'n'Paper RPG, back in the glorious '90s. I have spent countless sessions playing and GMing both of them.

Every, even slightly, cyberpunk-ish game and film I've played and seen since then was often viewed through the prism of my CP2020 experiences; but nearly nothing ever fully satisfied me.

So you might say I've been waiting for this to happen most of my life.

I'll be rockin' to Billy Idol's Cyberpunk while dreaming of what's to come.

Hey everyone!

My first PNP game was Dungeons & Dragons when my father introduced me to it when I was 9. Since then, I've moved on to World of Darkness, Cyberpunk 2020, Shadowrun, Tribe 8, Heavy Gear, Jovian Chronicles and Silver Age Sentinels.

Sadly, my gaming group broke up when one moved and the other disappeared, so now it's just my fiancee and I when we do find time to game. Growing up, playing PNP games was my weekend hobby, and I miss the days of running through Night City. Can't wait to get back there again.

Hey guys, veteran CP player here since 1st ed. Just found out about CDPR today and was blown away by the project, really glad to be here with you punks!

Long time fan of CDPR. During the interim between TW1 and TW2, I got to thinking about what they should tackle next. Sci-Fi was my first thought. Social commentary couched in sophisticated story telling is a staple of Sci-Fi, so it seemed a natural fit for CDPR. Then I wondered what genre. Cyberpunk came to mind since it's so underrepresented in the game industry. So naturally when CP 2077 was announced I was pretty goddamn excited, every wish I had came true for me! Nothing else to do now but wait.

....and wait.
.......still waiting. Is the game out yet?

Greetings!

I too am very excited about this game. I played the RPG for several years and always hoped to see an MMO built on it's concept. I'll be even happier if there's a Beta. Watching the trailer almost made me knock the dust off my books and call the group up lol. Ahh good times..... :cool:

Hi, everyone. It's great to see so many NEW faces in here as well as the migrants from the Witcher forums, so I thought it was probably time to swoop in and say hi.

Relatively long-time Witcher fan here, and Cyberpunk fan mainly from books rather than games/movies, although, like Dona, I'm a big fan of DX:HR.

I got into cyberpunk with Ghost in the Shell, then Appleseed, Blade Runner, Armitage III, Metal Gear Solid, The Matrix, etc. Deus Ex: Human Revolution was such a revelation for me when that came out.

Got into CD Projekt RED with The Witcher 2, and later played the original. The combination of these two things has me so stoked for a game I won't be able to play for another couple of years.

See what gets me excited about this game are the graphics, as well as the colors! Does this game have colors or WHAT! I'm a level designer, so I tend to look for things such as that. Oh! And I like straight lines :]

Top Bottom