Death Dust: Who wants it? Raise your hand...

+
Death Dust: Who wants it? Raise your hand...

Okay, I give up. Isn't there anyone who'll buy my death dust, in either the Temple District or the Swamp? Even Kalkstein won't take it. The Druids and the Herbalist won't take it either, though I never expected them to.Maybe there's someone in the Trade District who'll take it? Hopefully by Ch. 3 I can sell it off to somebody.Hmm... .Oh, and bottled water: Will there every be anybody who buys bottled water?

Certain alchemical reagents do not sell well. That is, they do not sell at all. Death dust is one of them. If you want to get rid of it, make potions :) I advise you to hoard it, I hoard all reagents ;)No-one will buy water. Throw it away or drink it before fistfights for thar slight endurance regeneration bonus.

gorthuar said:
No-one will buy water. Throw it away or drink it before fistfights for thar slight endurance regeneration bonus.
Endurance in fistfights? How do you use Endurance in fistfights? O - O

Well, the Captain hates me, so... never tried getting into Old Vizima. "Captain's orders. Nobody passes."How can I make nice with Vincent, anyhow? Can I bring him flowers?

You get into Old Vizima later in the game.Why do you need to "make nice" with Vincent? I mean, what makes you think you are in his bad graces? He's not the most congenial chap anyway (though there is much more to Vincent than meets the eye).Sometimes, the only way to "make nice" with a character you have offended is to reload and try again...

Evnissyen said:
Well, the Captain hates me, so... never tried getting into Old Vizima. "Captain's orders. Nobody passes."How can I make nice with Vincent, anyhow? Can I bring him flowers?
Don't worry about Vincent I dont want to spoil it for you just keep doing the quest that you have and it will work it way out one way or the other :)

Seeker said:
That easy you take it just before you get in to the dialog
Sorry to talk of topic here. I know it's easier before but I don't actually understand what is Endurance used for in fights. For fist power-ups?

That too, but you need fistfighting talents to even access the powerups. Endurance is depleted when you're making a dodge/block which is activated by holding RMB.

gorthuar said:
That too, but you need fistfighting talents to even access the powerups. Endurance is depleted when you're making a dodge/block which is activated by holding RMB.
Ok. I know there are two talent points about fist fighting but didn't notice that Endurance were used while blocking etc. Thanks.

yruynn said:
Why do you need to "make nice" with Vincent? I mean, what makes you think you are in his bad graces?
Well... the fact that when I click on him to converse, he only says: "One more word and it's the dungeon."...But if he doesn't matter, as far as advancing the game, then no matter.I'll keep the flowers . . . and the candy.Maybe I'll give the candy to Alvin....Although: then Triss'lll be mad with me.Incidentally: Now Siegfried hates me, too, I mean really, really hates me ("If it weren't for the law I'd kill you myself") . . . which I've been expecting, but it's still sad, since I liked him, he seems to be the only sensible and open-minded person in the whole Order . . . and I wanted to talk to him about the misgivings he was left with after the Order's 'victory' (quotes there for a reason) in the Swamp....I'm not misremembering who won that battle, am I? If the Scoia'tael had one I'd assume they'd have control of the Swamp, and I haven't returned there yet so I can't say for sure, but there's been no word that Vizima lost control of the Swamp.But apparently those misgivings were fleeting. Right away his blind allegiances returned to him when...
...the Scoia'tael came to the Bank (which the Order had stolen from Vivaldi, ahem): he was all excited at the idea of killing more filthy rotten elves. ...Sigh... the price of allegiance.The only elves, so far, I truly dislike are the ones we met at the cemetery.

Evnissyen said:
Well... the fact that when I click on him to converse, he only says: "One more word and it's the dungeon."
...You *did* make him mad at you. I wonder how will it influence the rest of the game. Because he *is* important. Sort of. You'll see!
Evnissyen said:
Incidentally: Now Siegfried hates me, too, I mean really, really hates me ("If it weren't for the law I'd kill you myself") . . . which I've been expecting, but it's still sad, since I liked him, he seems to be the only sensible and open-minded person in the whole Order . . . and I wanted to talk to him about the misgivings he was left with after the Order's 'victory' (quotes there for a reason) in the Swamp./quote]Sided with Yaevinn in the bank, have we? Well, he does that. If you would have helped Sigfried, Yaveinn would be mad at you.Incidentally: You know Vivaldi was adamant about not giving the silly Scoia'tael an oren, even if he still had control over his bank, right?
Evnissyen said:
...I'm not misremembering who won that battle, am I? If the Scoia'tael had one I'd assume they'd have control of the Swamp, and I haven't returned there yet so I can't say for sure, but there's been no word that Vizima lost control of the Swamp.
And who did you help at the Swamp recon quest? The battle's outcome depends on that, but if you miss the quest, the Order wins anyway. As to who controls the swamp... you'll see.

On the subject of Vincent:
yruynn said:
He's not the most congenial chap anyway (though there is much more to Vincent than meets the eye).
Truer words than I'd imagined. (End of Chapter 3 spoiler here; people: don't read unless/until you've finished it):
His turning out to be a werewolf was not as surprising to me as his risking his life, or at the very least his job, by joining me at the end of Ch.3 to fight the Salamandra. An extraordinary act . . . I doubt Siegfried would've done such a thing, and obviously, in fact, he didn't. ...Well, maybe he might've if I'd sided with the Order instead of Scoia'tael (nobody tell me: I'll see how that works out in my second run, if I get there), but... somehow I doubt it. He's too hung up on Duty. Really, Siegfried has some issues... but then again: who in the Order doesn't have issues?I don't know if it was because I played love-doctor for Vincent and his girlfriend that he went to such a remarkable length to help somebody who'd really pissed him off not too long prior... I'm hoping he did it simply out of a sense of virtue and justice and what he felt was truly the right thing to do.But, whatever his reasoning: I now have more respect for Vincent than for anyone else in the City Guard or the Order of the Inflamatory Flower.

e-ahmet said:
e-ahmet said:
Ok. I know there are two talent points about fist fighting but didn't notice that Endurance were used while blocking etc. Thanks.
I sdon't know about blocking/dodging, but Endurance is mainly used up in huuuuge chunks whenever you cast a Sign, like Aard or Igni, by pressing and holding the RMB.

Top Bottom