Demote

+
Demote

I actually discussed this before somewhere but I don't know where.

Why is there a demote option and why it's included in only one card and why there isn't a promote option? (edit: Promote might be something like transforming a unit's "boost" to "strength" to save from reset. Wording should be different than demote/promote though.

-99% of times it is used with meme decks (which is ok) or Avallach in Mill decks.
-It has no purpose other than that

So basically it's a neutral card just there to keep Mill archetype alive.

Last edited:
Demote might be a relic of the past. Regardless, it still serves a purpose other than using Decoy-effects (by Mill). Once a unit is changed from gold to silver, it can be targeted by more effects, like Artefact Compression or, more interesting, Summoning Circle. Another interesting case might be to be able to ress the ex-gold with Shani or Sigrdrifa. The problem with all these cases is that playing a demote-effect usually results in low tempo plays that aren't worth it. BTW, with the gold immunity gone, a promote-effect would no longer serve any purpose.

Last edited:
Promote might be something like transforming a unit's "boost" to "strength" to save from reset. Wording should be different than demote/promote though.

Demote would make more sense if cards like mushrooms did not work on golds. Also demote can be used to allow you resurrect your own gold cards.

Wonderboy8700;n10103341 said:
Demote would make more sense if cards like mushrooms did not work on golds. Also demote can be used to allow you resurrect your own gold cards.

Demote is removed...

Wonderboy8700;n10103521 said:
Last I checked it is still on a card (dimitirium bomb I think, pardon the spelling.)

Nope, D-bomb was changed in the Midwinter update. It no longer demotes.

Top Bottom