Dettlaff rework is amazing

+
I love how Dettlaff works now and that with this rework a almost exclusive vampire deck is almost a thing.
I always liked the idea of... let's call them "thematic decks". By that i mean a full vampire deck or a full dwarf deck or a full dryad deck, etc.
Now i'm aware that such a thing will never be possible because there will always be cards that you will need in a deck to synergyze with the rest of your units but if a deck is 80% of the "species" you want and the rest of 20% are other cards that make the deck run smoothly, i'm ok with that.
I found today a deck that's about 50% vamps and the other 50% ogroids. Currently in a vamp deck, Fleder, Alp and Dettlaff: Higher Vampire are almost useless. Alp could be good if you have Crimson Curse active but no one uses that card and Fleder and Dettlaff synergyze better with consume decks rather than bleeding ones. I was thinking, maybe you guys could take a look at these cards so that we can get closer to a full vamp deck? xD
I mean, Dettlaff: Higher Vampire's ability is amazing but since it synergyzes better with consume decks, maybe it should go to a Insectoid card that would go better with an Insectoid consume themed deck and Dettlaff could get something like... 7 or 8 power and when summoned he applies the Crimson Curse effect to the row he was summoned for 4 turns.
As for the Fleder maybe give him an ability similar to Thrive but instead of that make it like "boost self by one whenever you play a vampire".
As a matter of fact, i think this type pf ability could work great with many other cards. Like Dryads for example. Some dryads could have instead of harmony and ability like "whenever you play another dryad boost self by one". The same goes for dwarfs, elves and all other creatures that there are enough cards in the game to build a "thematic deck" around them and abilities such as Harmony, Thrive, etc. can be used on cards that you can't build thematic decks around such as treants, necrophages, demons and other less popular ones.
I think this type of system would encourage players to build decks around a specific "species" rather than throwing cards in a deck at random based on the meta.
And with the upcoming leader changes where you can have whatever leader ability you want with whatever leader you want it would make it even easier to have let's say Unseen Elder leading a deck of vampires rather than deathwish units.
What do you guys think? Is this a good idea? Would you even be interested in such a thing or is it just me feeling this way?

Top Bottom