Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
But will you be able to see? Seriously, I once got lost an hour trying to navigate the room where Waka's friend is tied up to a braindance machine.

haha i remember this quest... i also could not see and where to navigate like hell its pitch dark and only relying on the mini map on where i am bumping to.... then I remember I was holding a blast grenade, I used to to every sides spamming with fire just to see the whole room until I find the door out.... haha

The leak sounds a little off but would not be surprised if this is what actually happened all of this seems plausible.

But I think CDPR's reputation is in tatters and when GTA 5 has a more immersive city with more interactivity than this game which just feels restrictive and despite CDPR management talking endlessy about immersion, there is so much that just breaks the immersion.

I feel really bad for console players but as someone who has beat this game on pc my complaints is not performance but the fact that instead of a deep RPG, we got a run of the mill open world action game with gameplay designs from the early 2000.

Also the dumbest argument I saw from CDPR was that removing third person cutscenes would add to the immersion, it does the excat opposite since you hardly see your character it creates a disconnect between the player and the character.

There are so many odd designs choices in this game and no way in hell are they gonna fix that, unless they overhaul the entire game and actually deliver the product they marketed.

And CDPR are not gonna do a no mans sky overhaul it will remain mostly as is with some minor changes here and there.

I believe it's another fanfic, but if the devs intend to go NMS way, I'd prefer them to just do it instead of more promises. They promised enough already.

Yep, didn't see many devs come forth either to defend the leadership of CDPR.
Post automatically merged:

Everything you listed, "we know" because of gossip and rumors like this leak... lol

Beg your pardon?

No, it is called common sense with a track record. Not hearsay and conjecture.

You can go all the way back to the days of NES. You have a bug on that system, well no way to fix it. When PC games started, sure, they could get a patch (depending on the game) but consoles? Nope. The gaming industry has come along way since the days of Atari. And its still making progress. But one thing that has not changed in the thirty plus years of gaming is: bugs. They will always be there upon launch. The problem was: no one knew how bad it was going to be until Cyberpunk 2077 was launched. You do not need a damn article or developer to tell you such obvious information that has been around for decades.

Same goes for cut content. You think cut content is what? Some new revolutionary thing? Please. Developers have been cutting game content since the 90s, and probably longer than that. You do not need someone digging around the data files to find cut content. Most gamer know content is cut for various. Its one of those, “Well duh.”

If you need to be told known knowledge, because you are unaware of it, nothing wrong with that. But if you are stating that the reason said knowledge is known because of rumors such as this article, well that is idiotic. That is like saying we know the pyramids were made from stone because we were told they were, otherwise if we were not told, then no one would know.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I am wondering when the next hotfix will be. I was kind of expecting them weekly just to get it working.
They already announced their short term plans. Two big patches for January and February. Not sure we need hot fixes every week. If the game works for you - just play it. If it doesn't - wait for a major patch.

This was such a low effort "leak" it's hilarious. At least for Star Wars people put effort in to actually sound like writers and artists. This reads like it came straight off of 4chan. No professional speaks like this and it's hilarious people think this is true.

This was such a low effort "leak" it's hilarious. At least for Star Wars people put effort in to actually sound like writers and artists. This reads like it came straight off of 4chan. No professional speaks like this and it's hilarious people think this is true.

I'm not sold one way or another, but if you think every game developer speaks exclusively like they are writing a journal article for peer review then I'm sorry to break it to you but you're wrong.

I'm not sold one way or another, but if you think every game developer speaks exclusively like they are writing a journal article for peer review then I'm sorry to break it to you but you're wrong.

I certainly don't, but no adult professional speaks like a 16 year old from twitch chat... It just stands out to me.

this game is a mess, CDPR reputation is shattered. They don’t have any way out other then fixing the game.

Industry is rich in spectacular comebacks. Obvious one is ofc NMS
Internet Historian made a year ago great vid about this

But let’s not forget other contenders like Rainbow Six Siege or Final Fantasy XIV

This game maybe a mess but a mess with a promise and loads of cut content since it was in production for several years and was done by big experienced team (devs at least) with big budget.

I just did a quick google search on the supposed "dev" and what a shocker.

This is a comment from the same dude 6 months ago: "Uhhm, if you never see your character in 3rd person WTF is the point of ANY customizations???"

His "leak" spawned a 12 page topic on the main forums...

I just did a quick google search on the supposed "dev" and what a shocker.

This is a comment from the same dude 6 months ago: "Uhhm, if you never see your character in 3rd person WTF is the point of ANY customizations???"

His "leak" spawned a 12 page topic on the main forums...

and that might be a proof. You did a research based on his reddit account or 4chans? as it originated there allegedly.

and that might be a proof. You did a research based on his reddit account or 4chans? as it originated there allegedly.

I did some searching and it looks like a 4chan copy pasta. I can't find the original source. There is no original thread and original user who posted this.

So, let me get this straight... this "dev" worked on questing, he worked on story, he worked on open world, he worked on coding for the various platforms, he's well aware of the goings-on between "top dogs" and investors and Sony execs, and he personally worked with Keanu and shook his hand (or he's implying Keanu went around 100s of devs' homes to shake hands, mid-pandemic).

Okay.

So, let me get this straight... this "dev" worked on questing, he worked on story, he worked on open world, he worked on coding for the various platforms, he's well aware of the goings-on between "top dogs" and investors and Sony execs, and he personally worked with Keanu and shook his hand (or he's implying Keanu went around 100s of devs' homes to shake hands, mid-pandemic).

Okay.

Plus, he's sorry for people that will be in the office next few months...while CDPR works from home.

Likely this, and to be taken with a grain of salt:

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom