Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, 3 questions concerning the levels :

- Will V, the enemies and areas have levels ?
- If yes, will enemies and areas be inaccessible if we do not have the appropriate level ?
- If yes, can the level of the same type of enemy evolve during the game ?

And 3 random :

- Will the sewers and the roofs be accessible ?
- Will there be bounty hunters ?
- How are the devs going to prevent the fact that V can't hurt or kill important npc ?

I can answer the last one , he said the reasons why you can`t kill important NPC will be woven into the story . He used Keira Metz in TW3 she as an example she was untouchable through the quest until a point when she could be killed .

I understand the reasons.

What I'd like to know is the way they will use to prevent the players to kill them.
Will it be done by a immersive way or not ?

- Cursor will become green so it won't be possible to shoot at them : simple but not immersive
- We will be able to kill them but a message will appear on screen to warn us that the game is broken, so the only choice is to reload : not immersive
- It's possible to start shooting at them, but they are invincible : not immersive at all
- It's possible to start shooting at them, but they run and call the cops, involving a fine or jail sentence, and the quests of the npc are blocked for a moment : maybe quiet immersive

In fact I don't think that there is an immersive way to prevent players to kill important npc, maybe the green cursor is the best way...

Last edited:
Folks, there is to be absolutely no discussion whatsoever of real-world politics. There is to be no discussion accusing anyone of making decisions based on real-world politics. There is to be no discussion defending anyone based on real-world politics.

There is to be no discussion of real-world politics. At all. None. Zip. Nada.

I have a question about the player's body and looks. I know we can modify it with tech, but I read somewhere that we would be able to workout and change our body physical appearance in that way as well. Do anyone have anymore information on this?

Will we have the option of being able to have our character refered to as Female/Male/non binary?
Seeing how the videos thus far have referenced the characters being played as Male/Female, will our characters be refered too by other NPCs as such or are we all non binary now by default?

Will we have the option of being able to have our character refered to as Female/Male/non binary?
Seeing how the videos thus far have referenced the characters being played as Male/Female, will our characters be refered too by other NPCs as such or are we all non binary now by default?
NPCs will refer to V based on voice according to a translated interview. http://thegeekgetaway.blogspot.com/2019/08/cyberpunk-2077-removed-gender.html

"First of all, we are allowing you to make whatever character you want, without a barrier between male and female attributes. You can pick a body type more typical for males, but with a female face, haircut and voice. Ultimately the type of voice will determine how other characters will refer to you. However for people in Night City issues like that are indeed of much smaller importance."

It's translated so give it a grain of salt, but seems correct to me and google translate. Original article here - https://gry.wp.pl/cd-projekt-red-o-...lvis-nowe-informacje-wywiad-6401055234623617a

Last edited:
NPCs will refer to V based on voice according to a translated interview. http://thegeekgetaway.blogspot.com/2019/08/cyberpunk-2077-removed-gender.html

"First of all, we are allowing you to make whatever character you want, without a barrier between male and female attributes. You can pick a body type more typical for males, but with a female face, haircut and voice. Ultimately the type of voice will determine how other characters will refer to you. However for people in Night City issues like that are indeed of much smaller importance."

It's translated so give it a grain of salt, but seems correct to me and google.

Thank you, from reading a good bit of post on the forums I was under the impression that they took away that option, but if this is the case then i don't understand why a lot of people are flipping out canceling their preorders and talking smack about this topic.
This is a good thing then imo and opens the door for an even wider audience and further immersion.

Thank you, from reading a good bit of post on the forums I was under the impression that they took away that option, but if this is the case then i don't understand why a lot of people are flipping out canceling their preorders and talking smack about this topic.
This is a good thing then imo and opens the door for an even wider audience and further immersion.
People are flipping out because they've misunderstood the situation. No more, no less.

Ok, so that's settled.

Next one up...
Rumour has it that the game will not feature third person cutscenes.

Yeah, I just found out that this thing has been in discussion for many hours now in the E3 2019 news and previews thread.

Someone posted the " Scav mission / Sandra Dorsett " has been removed can anyone confirm this ?
I would also be interested to see a source for this, I'd not heard of anything like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was, because it seemed like a very linear mission at a point where the player probably doesn't have many tools to, say, go non-lethal (And they said 100% of the game can be beaten that way).

I would also be interested to see a source for this, I'd not heard of anything like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was, because it seemed like a very linear mission at a point where the player probably doesn't have many tools to, say, go non-lethal (And they said 100% of the game can be beaten that way).

They did show a non-lethal in one of the other clips , you know the one were TT shoot up the hide out .

Someone posted the " Scav mission / Sandra Dorsett " has been removed can anyone confirm this ?
If I recall correctly, it was someone misinterpreting what Lilayah said regarding the initial backstory choices from the start of the previous demo as "we removed the entire start of the demo". I don't think it's true.

The apartment seemed to still have plenty of space to do some stealth and as CyberBrett posted, the trailer seems to showcase an alternate ending to that quest based on silent approach. I can see however how going non-lethal might be pretty difficult (as devs already said), since it seems like if you don't want any of them to die, you will have to knock all of the Scavs down, otherwise they will be blasted by Trauma Team.

This is true, according to @Shavod and the Polish forums (he can elaborate if he wishes).
Okay, so this is the screenshot that Dani took:
cyb1.png

It translates into: "I just read on reddit that there won't be any cutscenes in the game. Does it mean we won't be able to see our character outside of mirror reflections and in-game menu? What's with the atmospheric cutscenes from the last year's gameplay, like scene in elevator or in the apartment after waking up? Was it all cut?"

And response: "In case of Cyberpunk, immersion is our top priority, that's why we will be watching the cutscenes from first person perspective. Sometimes you might not even realise that one already started."

It translates into: "I just read on reddit that there won't be any cutscenes in the game. Does it mean we won't be able to see our character outside of mirror reflections and in-game menu? What's with the atmospheric cutscenes from the last year's gameplay, like scene in elevator or in the apartment after waking up? Was it all cut?"

And response: "In case of Cyberpunk, immersion is our top priority, that's why we will be watching the cutscenes from first person perspective. Sometimes you might not even realise that one already started."

Well game get less and less interesting, people her on TPP/FPP posted so many good reason why FPP is not immersive for all, why they like to play it in TPP over FPP, and what CDPR do they throw away cutsenes out, just in the name of some better immersivnes that again many pointed out is not real for everyone.

Great character creation they have mean nothing if we are stuck in FPP for 100+ hour, and i need to run to boutique to find mirror every time i want to see my character, also about mirror do they have mirrors every 50m in the city, so we can watch out self in background all the time during gameplay????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom