Dice Game improved in the EE

+
:'( :'( HI! Im playing on normal (again) and I am in act I ! I won my first 2 games vs zoltan and since I lost about 26 consequent games ( many with Zoltan, ever more with the Gambler in the Inn, 3 games with Odo and 2games Haren)IS THIS NORMAL? (I do not think it is!! :@ ) ]:-> :evil: :hmmm: :mad:

it /can/ happen ;D .. i just save between games, personally, though some people are more stringent.also, quitting and reloading will change the conditions which are used to generate the dice rolls so you get different outcomes (likely). however ... have you considered that maybe you should play some other people to get better at it ? maybe Zoltan is just too good for you right now and he was just being nice earlier so you could learn the game :peace:

****** is i won only vs Zoltan Now 2sec ago I lost 2 more times vs Odo ! Explain how re-roll works plz! I dont get it how they do it---to beat my 2pairs when they have one pair, or to beat a full house f.e. ....... I really suck at dice :)I dont understand what happens ............sometimes they roll 1 and win sometimes 5...........isnt it about corelations not high numbers.... Do not multi post.

The AI cheats to all hell. Dice rolls are not random, they're pre-determined. It seems to be related to how you bet. I lost a good 23 times against Thaler, then changed my betting strategy and never lost again, got 12,000 orens out of him - If you think that's luck, I have a bridge to sell you. To beat Thaler, bet maximum to begin with (++), then raise medium (+). Don't do anything stupid, always raise medium, play a good game and you'll win, the game will automatically give you a hand to beat anything he throws. In one memorable game, he threw five fives, i re-rolled all five dice and got five sixes.This doesn't work against Heirophant, still looking for something that does. Luck plays absolutely no part in dice poker. The game may also re-generate the "winning combination" between sessions, but does not between saves and loads. Keep trying until you win, then bet exactly the same way next time.

Yes I have to admit, the dice AI is starting to anger me :mad:. It seems far too "lucky", especially on making full houses from two pairs (90% accurate).And it almost makes me scream when I have already lost according to my second roll, but the AI still wants to re-roll its garbage to make a better hand, rather than staying.Irritating how it wastes my time like that. :wall:Fortunately i've finished with gambling in Act II again, and won't be back until Act III. I avoid gambling like a rash now.If the devs are working on new functuality for a new patch / the sequel, make sure you can start a new dice game without having to leave the board, talk to the NPC and then go back to the gameboard. This wastes valuable time too.

Chuckles said:
If the devs are working on new functuality for a new patch / the sequel, make sure you can start a new dice game without having to leave the board, talk to the NPC and then go back to the gameboard. This wastes valuable time too.
You know what, i never though about that but, heck yeah ! this would be awesome !

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
However if it were not for the dice game I dont know how I would have gotten the new armor and all books before the end of act 2.
I think maybe your expectations are too high. I buy the books as I need them, and I can't usually afford the new armor until the beginning of Chapter 3 (those 1000 orens from Kalkstein for opening the tower really help). I'm halfway through Chapter 3 and still don't have all the books, and that seems sensible to me, since Geralt's not a wealthy man. People pay him reluctantly, then complain that witchers only care about money; it's a wonder the poor guy can ever upgrade his armor at all.
Also, there is really no risk in gambling with quick save, its just annoying as hell to have to load 3+ times for every match.
I've never done that -- if I lose, I lose. Since I'm not guaranteed to make money on gambling, I only gamble enough to advance to the next stage of the dice poker quest; my Geralt knows that gambling is a sucker's game. :)
My problem with this is I can't get all the books I seem to need for chapter 2...for example I can't get the books for some of the side quests in that chapter. Now part of this was because I got the red meteor sword and some stupid decisions I made (bribing to much) but making money does seem much harder now, To comment on someone else I am always afraid to sell potion supplies because I am afraid I will end up needing them for potions heh..

zaldar said:
To comment on someone else I am always afraid to sell potion supplies because I am afraid I will end up needing them for potions heh..
Set Yourself some border then. Like: first You collect 50 of some ingredient (one full slot I believe) and only then You sell what You have above this line ;)

good idea though I hate grinding to get enough ingredients to sell. Probably will just use the fighting as I have gotten good at that it seems now.

Man I hate to sound stupid here but I know the ranking hands in Poker Dice (Two Pairs/Five of a Kind/Whatever) and I can't figure out how I keep losing...For Example:YOU LOSEGeralt: Two PairsGambler: Two PairsThis makes no sense to me, even when I counted up the "dots" on the dice we both had 18? I thought maybe that was how it was scored but I've never been into Gambling at all so I'm kind of at a loss hereAny help would be appreciated :)

Nechen said:
This makes no sense to me, even when I counted up the "dots" on the dice we both had 18?
If both players have the same hand (two pairs in your example) the total number of spots is not the deciding factor, instead the player with the highest pair wins the hand. So if your opponent has a pair of fours and a pair of twos then you would win with a pair of fives and a pair of ones but lose with a pair of threes and a pair of twos. If both players have identical highest pairs then the lower pairs are compared (so fours and threes beats fours and twos) and if both hands are identical then it is a wash.

Not quite. If both players have exactly the same 2 pairs, the game checks the remaining die. If one is higher than the other the player with the higher die wins. Ditto if both have an identical 3 or 4 of a kind.

Top Bottom