Differences in scripts between GOTY and "normal" 1.30 game version with DLCs.

+
So does this work and GOTY has randomly changing main menu? :)

Last edited:
So does this work and GOTY has randomly changing main menu?
Yeah, it does.
It's a bit shame, cause there is a mod called "Selectable Main Menu" , that would let me to chose the menu I want, not randomly :(
Yeah, nice addition, but no idea why base game 1:30 does not include it.

Yeah, it does.
It's a bit shame, cause there is a mod called "Selectable Main Menu" , that would let me to chose the menu I want, not randomly
Yeah, nice addition, but no idea why base game 1:30 does not include it.

So the GOTY edition changes the menu every time you play but the regular edition with the latest patch doesn't? Alright, what the hell CDPR, that's not fair.

So we were lied to: GOTY and base game + all DLCs are not the same game. And now we have problem of GOTY incompatible mods. Wow. Makes TW3 modding even more fun than it was before.
Well, in a way, they were right, cause content wise its the same
i guess this is one of the little surprises, eh? :/

So the GOTY edition changes the menu every time you play but the regular edition with the latest patch doesn't? Alright, what the hell CDPR, that's not fair.
I understand your sarcasm here, but the real problem is that scripts are different: they've added new lines of code and created compatibility problems between GOTY and non-GOTY versions of the game. This means that tons of existing mods are causing script compilation errors for GOTY owners right now.

Is there a link for downloading the GOTY 1.31 scripts? And GOTY 1.30 has same scripts as non-GOTY 1.30?

Seems that GOTY is only 1.31 version, I compared that 1.31 with non-GOTY game 1.30 with all dlcs.

Is there a link for downloading the GOTY 1.31 scripts? And GOTY 1.30 has same scripts as non-GOTY 1.30?
I sent you a link via PM where you can download the scripts, same ones i sent to Murzinio

And Murzinio is right, there wasn't really 1.30 GOTY scripts.

Is this from GOG version? Because, according to steamdb GOTY and base game share the same files.

Same question applies though. Does this mean that the GOTY version from Steam and the GOTY version from Gog are different?

Because if the Steam GOTY version shares the same database as the non-GOTY version, then that would imply that we have:
Version 1.30 - Steam GOTY, Steam non-GOTY, Gog non-GOTY
Version 1.31 - Gog GOTY.
Which is an even bigger mess.

I become less and less patient each time CDPROJEKT launches a patch for this game, and now this.

I am determined to finish my work but I am NOT going to try and make multiple compatability versions. Using GOG here.

After I found this thread, I was wondering why all my mods were working just fine on 1.31... but then I remembered I'd simply copy/pasted the scripts/game folder from my Steam installation, because I'd manually edited one or two scripts there.

:eredinfacepalm:

Good thing I'd kept the original 1.31 scripts on my desktop. Ended up uninstalling one mod that edits the ingamemenu.ws, but it was worth it.

Turns out arrowProjectile.ws was a leftover from 1.22 version and it got fixed, so it's the same in GOTY and non-GOTY versions now.

Top Bottom