DLC: New characters or more content with existing ones?

+

DLC: New characters or more content with existing ones?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What would you want to see in the first DLC?

Something like Hearts of Stone where the main character is spending most of their time with newly introduced characters?

Or would you want characters that already have close ties to V - like Vic, Judy, Panam, River, Kerry, ect - to have prominent roles in the DLC's quests instead?

Icinix

Forum veteran
I don't feel we got enough time with the existing characters (and existing characters spending time with other existing characters) and because of the story with V, I would rather they introduce a whole bunch more stuff to existing characters, particularly through the start and mid game.

I'd love to do stuff where certain characters meet each other and do gigs with them etc.

Cramming more new characters in isolation would only further dilute the relationships and weight of things I feel.

Last edited:
What i would like with the first real content dlc that isn´t only adding items and such is:

That they expand that prologe cutszence of Jackie and Vs time of settle in night city into something real playable so that we as a player get the chance to really grow a connection to this char and that his death really means something to us.

Why not all of the above?

I considered putting that as an option, but I think realistically the devs would have to make a choice. DLC is relatively short content so there is no way that new characters could be given significant focus while also giving equal involvement to every character that already has an established relationship with V. At least not in a single DLC. Some would have to be absent or have smaller roles.

They could perhaps do that across multiple DLC but I don't think it would be possible in a single DLC.

Think back to Blood & Wine or Hearts of Stone. There are really only a hanful of characters that are prominent in each.

I really do enjoy creating new chars, in rpg´s or action adventures or whatever you call games like this but with this game, being the prologe only that fatal mission in wich everything goes wrong is a big downturner really to create new playthroughs. If they would expand that cutscene with V, Jackie, his mom and everything, it would make all the new charackter creation a much more relaxing and enjoyable thing.

1st arc is with Johnny aka Keanu... how about 2nd arc or 3rd arc from dlc we see another stars again?
I wanna see Charlize theron in this one too... Remembering her from MAD MAX though. hehe
And how about Samuel L. Jackson... oh hell! he would fit on the whole cyberpunk theme with all his legendary "MF" lines. how about that?

But a new story is a must for the next DLC, Map expansion and a major bug fix update and all cut contents back.

I found this huge club in the map. But it's inaccessible unless you really want to. Hopefully it's a free DLC since game need more meaningful content.
photomode_01012021_125235.png

photomode_01012021_125038.png

Post automatically merged:

Attachments

• photomode_01012021_125150.png
    photomode_01012021_125150.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 73
  • photomode_01012021_125408.png
    photomode_01012021_125408.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 66
  • photomode_01012021_125605.png
    photomode_01012021_125605.png
    4 MB · Views: 78
  • photomode_01012021_125817.png
    photomode_01012021_125817.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 67
  • photomode_01012021_125934.png
    photomode_01012021_125934.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 72
  • photomode_01012021_130016.png
    photomode_01012021_130016.png
    4 MB · Views: 82
  • photomode_01012021_130041.png
    photomode_01012021_130041.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 79

Rudo_

Forum regular
Had to vote for smasher. I dont know what you mean, but my vote is his.
No, seriously, more than new characters or plot arcs, i would increase the decission making and the way your relationship with the characters leave a mark in the world.
That and a normal AI and we got ourselves a game.

What's up? Dreaming is free!

Rudo_

Forum regular
A nice addition really but without the proper activity abilities like sitting down on furniture and having drinks with real animation even outside of quests, such a dlc would be only half the fun.
Yes please! Just get one of those asian-blade-runner-markets, sit down and eat some noodles... Or get to the afterlife and have a 'jackie welles' for real... Not much to ask, is it?

Top Bottom