DLC: What do you prefer? The poll. ! ENDING SPOILERS !

+

What kind of story do you hope to see in DLC?

• Continuation of V's story. Hope he/she survives (finds a cure/way out of cyberspace)

• Prequel to V's story. Events before meeting Johnny

• Prequel to Johnny's story. Events before meeting V

• Additional story within the main game, after meeting Johnny and before infiltrating Mikoshi

• A story not related to V or Johnny. Quest about a new hero or some of V's friends

Results are only viewable after voting.
While i agree, it would be pretty boring, because you get your first large cyberware upgrades in act one.

Same with guns.

Imagine starting a new game, playing all the gigs with Jacky, be rich beyond compare and then not being able to install cyberware.
No really a problem for me. Anyway there are many ways to explain it, something like that we already seen in Deus Ex: HR.

I agree with you but it would also be great to see when it comes to body modifications/cybernetics that we could addmore drastic cyber-enhancements like a robotic arm, legs
The issue is that mantis and gorilla arms at least almost certainly require amputation at least until the elbow, if not the shoulder joint. Same with double jump and charged jump legs. "Full conversion" is a really fitting moniker for the achievement - V with all cybernetics implanted is really close to a full conversion borg with some organs added in. The story DLC of how they became like that prior to the heist (and it would have had to be before the heist) could be damn interesting.

There is no way that they can add more to V's story after the events of the game just cause the player can choose to die. That is unless CDPR chooses a canon ending but I personally hope it doesn't come to that. If they do add DLC, it will most likely take place before the end of the game or it will be on a new character.

Really hope they introduce Morgan Blackhand as a new character. I have no idea why he wasn't part of the story in the first place.

There is no way that they can add more to V's story after the events of the game just cause the player can choose to die. That is unless CDPR chooses a canon ending but I personally hope it doesn't come to that. If they do add DLC, it will most likely take place before the end of the game or it will be on a new character.

Really hope they introduce Morgan Blackhand as a new character. I have no idea why he wasn't part of the story in the first place.
There's no reason they can't just ignore the suicide scenario when creating further stories for V. It's not like ME3 didn't happen because someone could choose to get Shep killed in ME2.

There are a few moments in the game during which V is unconscious. Most notably between shooting and landfill reboot but a couple of others. Not a bad opportunity to retcon in the blanks without too much damage if CDPR wanted to go that route.

Personally I'd love more Johnny but that assumes either the voicework would have been done already or that more voicework is viable. Definitely don't want to see more of Jackie as I don't find him interesting to spend more time with than I already have: he's too simple to go beyond likable into actually compelling in story terms.

It seems most people really want CYBERPUNK 2077: BROKEN STEEL.

Ironically, the biggest issue there is getting Johnny Silverhand out of sidequests.

Ironically, the biggest issue there is getting Johnny Silverhand out of sidequests.
Cyberpunk 2077 has the merit for a 'broken steel' continuation and the retcon isnt even fully needed.
In FO3 there was a clear and immediate ending to that narrative.
The type that also made me like how that game was setup.

If Mikoshi was V's death litterally. Then I may not have had as much issues with the moonsized cliffhanger-ish aspect we've got now ;)
You may recall the 100s of pages that we spent in "About the Endings".

Hmm... Maybe I should go play FO3 once again :sad:

Cyberpunk 2077 has the merit for a 'broken steel' continuation and the retcon isnt even fully needed.
In FO3 there was a clear and immediate ending to that narrative.
The type that also made me like how that game was setup.

If Mikoshi was V's death litterally. Then I may not have had as much issues with the moonsized cliffhanger-ish aspect we've got now ;)
You may recall the 100s of pages that we spent in "About the Endings".

Hmm... Maybe I should go play FO3 once again :sad:
I'm not sure people will be happy,it will add a canon ending for opening the open world and people will complain about "not respecting player choices"... you can try to do it with all endings(except suicide) but there are differences on important NPCs being alive or not and significant world changes (devil vs sun/star) not easy to reconcile.
Still I think a canon ending at some point will be needed, not sure for DLC.

I'm not sure people will be happy,it will add a canon ending for opening the open world and people will complain about "not respecting player choices"... you can try to do it with all endings(except suicide) but there are differences on important NPCs being alive or not and significant world changes (devil vs sun/star) not easy to reconcile.
Still I think a canon ending at some point will be needed, not sure for DLC.

As a professional writer, crappy as I may be, let me take a crack at the idea:

It's six months later and you awaken in a Arasaka facility, confused, and explain how you've either had your mind transferred to a cloned body with a new chip as they kidnapped you or captured you with Soulkiller for NEFARIOUSNESS. Now you must pick up your life and figure out what to do with your second lease on life.

Hell, Johnny might still be walking around in your old body.

Yes, its bullshit but its bullshit most players would go with, I think.

As a professional writer, crappy as I may be, let me take a crack at the idea:

It's six months later and you awaken in a Arasaka facility, confused, and explain how you've either had your mind transferred to a cloned body with a new chip as they kidnapped you or captured you with Soulkiller for NEFARIOUSNESS. Now you must pick up your life and figure out what to do with your second lease on life.

Hell, Johnny might still be walking around in your old body.

Yes, its bullshit but its bullshit most players would go with, I think.
You need to figure out how to marry
An ending were Saburo reached immortality with protests on Tv and an ending were Arasaka lost bilions and Yorinobu is in charge and retreated to safe operations in Japan
That can be done somehow sure,that it will probably be not very believable I'm also convinced. Still,i think that the problem for that with some players is that you "railroeded" them to another starting point (i'm fine i mean,when i was young there was nor that much drama with canon endings).

You need to figure out how to marry
An ending were Saburo reached immortality with protests on Tv and an ending were Arasaka lost bilions and Yorinobu is in charge and retreated to safe operations in Japan
That can be done somehow sure,that it will probably be not very believable I'm also convinced. Still,i think that the problem for that with some players is that you "railroeded" them to another starting point (i'm fine i mean,when i was young there was nor that much drama with canon endings).

I'm fairly sure they plan to Deus Ex it.

Saburo may take over his son's body but he'll still call himself Yorinobu. Therefore, no matter what ending, "Yorinobu" is in charge of Arasaka.

Also, Arasaka lost like 20% of its wealth. Which is amazing but not even going to be noticeable to most people.

I'm fairly sure they plan to Deus Ex it.

Saburo may take over his son's body but he'll still call himself Yorinobu. Therefore, no matter what ending, "Yorinobu" is in charge of Arasaka.

Also, Arasaka lost like 20% of its wealth. Which is amazing but not even going to be noticeable to most people.
You just killed two very interesting plotlines (for me) but thats not the point.
It seems that we agree that canonizer is needed somehow(my bet that this was also in CDPR mind), but this also creates the issue of which crowd to satisfy with DLC because I see like two camps:
-the free-roam camp wants just continue playing and does not care about story, add quests,gig,minigames etc
-the camp that wants V story to continue BUT in a way that preserves all decisions taken just before the rooftop and with all of them respected (and forcing a merge or canon to introduce a plotline will make them angry).
I think CDPR will receive flak no matter the approach.

Warning: major spoilers for endings follow in this post

There's basically 4 things (I think) that need to be accounted for.
1) Devil ending status
2) Sun ending status
3) Star ending status.
4) what if Johnny lives on

* For both 2 and 3 Arasaka has been dealth a massive blow. For 1 Araska is more powerful than ever.

* Then there's locations to consider. In 1 and 2 one can argue/say that Night City is still the place where V remains.
For 3 however she's gone south to Tuscon with the Aldecaldos.

* Last important point is motivation.
In 1 its most obscure I feel, what does V really want?
In 2 she's promised a score beyond her wildest dreams by blue eyes, and in 3 she actively set on course for a cure to the deathsentence that ultimately strings all endings together with an overarcing motive.

My approach, fueled by a direct contimuation, rather than a timeskip, would be that there at minimum 4 DLC (or a second game)
The first three DLCs would be about V in their own situation.
- The Nomad roams the badlands for clues and so on. Possibly finding herself to split off from the Aldecaldos and venture back to Night City in the end.
- The Legend takes on the various tasks blue eyes sets before her (perhaps this could turn into an interesting dlc where V must fight a bridge between actual freedom and being strung along again).
- And finally a V who must recover from the mimdgames that Arasaka played on them. This dlc could imvolve you having to work for Arasaka and do some indepth espionage and sabotage mission, and try to destabilize Militech and/or other corps.
Perhaps the endgame for this dlc could be that you break free from Arasaka, with help of another corp. This because Arasaka has gained too much power and the plan for a possible mass mindcontrol-ploy is being initiated.
All three paths ultimately lead back to Night City because of 'something important' <-- gets merged into one and the same goal.

The last DLC would take over from there and start whatever the final play might be.

I would have to give all this some added thought but this would be my initial outline.

I deliberately left out Johnny because I figure his story is over at Mikoshi. But in a way Johnny and V are pretty interchangeable after the epilogues.
Because in the end saving their mortal body would be the ultimate goal. (That or similar immortality as Saburo pursued)

Top Bottom