Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
MMO in Witcher World! ASAP!!! PLEASE! ^^ Creating our own characters (not only witchers ofc) and all races. That would be just epic!

Please Reconsider Ending Geralt's Story

Dear CD Projekt Red,

I know that you are now working on Cyberpunk and that you are taking a break from the Witcher universe. However, as a loyal fan and customer, I beg you to reconsider ending Geralt's story. The Witcher series from the novels to Witcher 3 have all been about Geralt of Rivia. He is James Bond. You can't have a 007 movie without James Bond and you can't have a Witcher game without Geralt of Rivia. He's like Link from Zelda series. He is synonymous with the series.

I know that Geralt is in a good place and I appreciate what you did in the Witcher 3 so far. But the story cannot end there and you will be missing out on a huge gold mine if you don't continue Witcher with Geralt. Plus, the Witcher series is your most successful hit and a cash cow. You should be taking advantage of it as much as possible, knowing that you have a legion of loyal fans ready to pre-order any Witcher game or any Geralt game you make :).

Sincerely,

Customer who has bought all 3 Witcher games.

"The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the final Witcher game with Geralt of Rivia at center stage". This is apparent also from how the story of the game is written. Not sure if making a sequel only for monetary reasons to a story that does not really need one is a good idea, but CDPR may eventually end up doing it, who knows.

I never said only for monetary reasons. I'm saying that there is a market demand for another Witcher story with Geralt. And people will buy it and CDPR will make money. Everyone is happy and everyone wins.

totally agree, geralt's story it's just too good and interesting, such a great character, i can't accept not having more of his adventures and just forget him, just...no :C

yet, i wouldnt mind a game from Witcher world, with Geralt being old Witcher training new Witchers in Kaer Morhen, kinda like Vesemir did...

Guys, I think we need to have some faith here. We know CDPR's writing quality is (in the main) pretty great, if they do create another PC character in the Witcher universe I really don't think it will be a bland or uninteresting one. It would be nice to look in on Geralt even if it's just a cameo, but starting a new trilogy with a new protagonist makes a lot of sense and gives their writing team the freedom to really make something special.

They can't possibly make a continuation, because Geralt dies in one of the endings.

He is not actually shown dying, so it could still be explained in a hypothetical sequel. However, this is from an interview from only a week ago:
"What we've always been saying is that this is the end of the Geralt trilogy in the Witcher world, whether there's something around the corner, in the future, I think it's way too early to say."
Which is fine, after the ending of TW3 seems to be the right time to start a new story with a different protagonist.

He is not actually shown dying, so it could still be explained in a hypothetical sequel.

It doesn't really matter if he's dead phisycally. He should be a walking zombie either way in this ending. He failed to save Ciri. He'd never recover after this.

I agree, I really hope they reconsider this. Or possibly continuing the story from Ciri's point of view?

It doesn't really matter if he's dead phisycally. He should be a walking zombie either way in this ending. He failed to save Ciri. He'd never recover after this.

Ciri's death is not confirmed either, she could still come back. And if the sequel takes place some longer time after the ending of TW3 (say, 5-10 years), then it can be explained why none of Geralt's choices matter by that time, and (for example) Ciri is always a witcher (or empress ?), Geralt is alone, Skellige is not in the game and does not matter, and the political situation in the North and Nilfgaard always ends up being the same after so long time. Then again, I do not see why the protagonist would have to be Geralt, when the ending of TW3 brings closure to pretty much everything related to him, and a new and potentially more interesting story could be told with someone else.

Ciri's death is not confirmed either, she could still come back. And if the sequel takes place some longer time after the ending of TW3 (say, 5-10 years), then it can be explained why none of Geralt's choices matter by that time, and (for example) Ciri is always a witcher (or empress ?), Geralt is alone, Skellige is not in the game and does not matter, and the political situation in the North and Nilfgaard always ends up being the same after so long time.

Can you imagine the shitstorm it'll cause? People were upset about the fact that their choices in TW2 didn't matter at all in TW3. But here it's even worse since we have ending slides.

The way I see it, the only sensible way to reconcile the fans' desire for more Geralt while keeping TW3 as "the last part of the legend" (as CDPR presented it) would actually be a prequel, with a much younger Geralt. That allows to keep at least some of the actual characters around while introducing new ones at the same time - even from the books.
And if you set it 20+ years before the current events, you can actually get rid of all the waifu wars and get back to TW1-style romance cards:cool:

I think Doug Cockle also outlined his troubles in voicing all that lines of dialogue for Geralt in TW3, so for a younger version of him they could actually use a new actor, provided he sounds close enough. (can be done for other languages, not just English ofc)
There's still plenty of land and lore that can be explored, maybe the idea makes sense.

The Witcher: Origins

does it sound bad?

"Either you die a hero or you live long enough to make your games bad". The Witcher serie doesn't need another game. Neither with Geralt nor any other characters. Why risking to spoil a trilogy of masterpiece just to satisfy fans. It's time to have some artistic consciousness in this industry. I hope CDPR will be an exemple of that.

Top Bottom