Downloadable content announcement

+
Downloadable content announcement

You bought The Witcher last year and now you’re afraid that you won’t have the opportunity to enjoy all the features of the Enhanced Edition? WRONG! Wipe away your tears, little one, because we’ve got a nice treat for you. If you bought the original version of The Witcher and registered it at thewitcher.com, you’ll be able to download all of the great content from the Enhanced Edition for free starting September 19!That’s right – FREE! No strings attached, just good old-fashioned FREE. Log in and download.You may be wondering – “What do they mean by ‘all’ of the content”? This is what we mean:- Patch 1.4 (which turns the standard edition into The Witcher: Enhanced Edition)- D’jinni Adventure Editor v1.4- Two new adventures (“The Price of Neutrality” and “Side Effects”)- Making-of videos- ‘Inspired by The Witcher’ music CD- Official soundtrack of the game- Game manual- Official game guide- Map of The Witcher’s WorldYou may notice that “all” in this case doesn’t include the short story that is found in the retail version… unfortunately getting that released online would be some sort of massive undertaking involving numerous book publishers around the world. So it’s almost everything.Pretty impressive, isn’t it? So, let me suggest you that visiting www.thewitcher.com should be – no, more than that - it must be the very first thing you do on the 19th of September! Know-how to installation of Enhanced Edition1. Download the Patch file (it’s something about 1GB)2. Download the language file/files (more or less 500 MB) 3. Gather them In one folder4. Start the installation of the Patch.5. Enjoy The Enhanced Edition :)6. (Optional) Download bonus content & soundtrack

Thanx guys. Will be buying the EE if the retailers here allows us to pre order else I will get the download.

Thank you very much. You have done a great work.The Witcher (2007 edition) is one of the best games (may be the best) i've ever played. EE gives us the chance to enyoy this great game again in a new way. I agree, buying it again is worth it.

Thanks for the extra content and the new version.Once we download the new patch 1.4 will/should we start over or will it be a seamless transtion. Will saved games be affected? Thanks again!

gfong said:
Thanks for the extra content and the new version.Once we download the new patch 1.4 will/should we start over or will it be a seamless transtion. Will saved games be affected? Thanks again!
Fully savegame compatible.

The word FREE is a wonderful thing, and the game is simply great, and you all are a great outfit for letting this go. You've got a dedicated customer.

Awesome. Of course, I plan on buying the EE anyway, but if I can't get it right away I may just DL it as well. Win/win!

Is it possible that you can release a password protected .rar file of EE before 19th. And release the password on the 19th?

Yay! That's great! I'll buy the EE version anyway, but it's really nice of you to give it to us for free anyway. :peace:

I'll be downloading it and buying it too. Thanks guys for the great game and great work you guys are doning

Can we get an EXACT release time here? ;DSure, you say the '19th September 2008' but WHEN is that? There's a whole globe out there and the 19th September is a slightly different time for everyone. So is that 0:00 on 19th September in New Zealand, Poland, America or where? (and that's assuming it is at the very start of the 19th in a predetermined location).

Top Bottom