Downloadable content announcement

+
Already pre-ordered mine should arrive a day later. That gives most of you guys and girls time to enjoy the magical experience slightly before me and on a selfish note help will always be a click away. Your all so helpful , thoughtful , kind and considerate. Thankyou all for giving me back my youth! haha

STGhost said:
STGhost said:
Thanks for the extra content and the new version.Once we download the new patch 1.4 will/should we start over or will it be a seamless transtion. Will saved games be affected? Thanks again!
Fully savegame compatible.
I'm kind of curious, and maybe a whole lot skeptical, about this comment. Are you positively, absolutely 100% sure that saved games from previous versions will be compatible with the EE version? If so, then the developers have really worked some nice 'magic' in doing so. With all of the new NPCs, New Voices, New Animations, etc, just how is it possible that a previous saved game can be made to work with the new content? You really have my attention on this. ;)

SNGOutcast said:
Well you can download it on 20th September for sure ;) But as for me, I'd better buy it :whistle:
I don't think you can name one person who sits patiently at home and waits until 20th when the DL is definitely ready for take off ;D

Never ever seen any developer/publisher giving such a package away for FREE !Therefore, I simply HAVE to support you gentlemen :)Getting ready to buy me some EE next week !

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
Well you can download it on 20th September for sure ;) But as for me, I'd better buy it :whistle:
I don't think you can name one person who sits patiently at home and waits until 20th when the DL is definitely ready for take off ;D
I meant no need to hurry and sit at home on 19th checking out every hour "is it alredy able to download?" ;)

After the sell out by companies like Lucas Arts who have been supported by the PC community since PCs began , it is great to see that a software house demonstrate loyalty to it's fan base. Free? I couldn't believe it when I saw it: you can bet your bottom dollar that no other company, and certainly not the like of EA, Lucas Arts etc, would have done this. Added to the fact that this is quite simply one of the best RPGs I've played (even taking into account some of the technical difficulties) I'm just hoping that CD Projekt have something in the pipeline to top the Witcher. The PC gaming arena, especially the RPG genre has been in dire need of an original and immersive game for a number of years. Not since the Baldur's Gate series of games has there been a game with real depth. I've played all the real classics going all the way back to Ultima, Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder: these games all had one thing in common - they had ground breaking game play for their time and they were addictive. Oh, and they took a bit longer than two days to play! That perhaps is my biggest criticism of many of the newer games (especially console games) that you fork out £40-£50 for a new title and it's finished in a couple of days. It was great to play The Witcher and have a storyline and game world that had depth. 8)Is the PC format dying: No....but in my opinion it's going through a definite lull. When you hear comments like '....PC only has 60% of the gaming market' ( ???) Most industries would give their eye teeth to have such a major share! And when you think about it that means that the likes of the PlayStation, Wii and Xbox only have 40% combined it puts things in perspective. It's like the economy: if 'experts' talk a recession often enough people eventually believe it. I think the PC format has suffered the same kind of negative vibe by console oriented companies. Companies like CD Projekt will help revive the PC gaming market - it may give other software houses a kick up the backside that they need to think of their PC customer base a little more rather than ripping them off with ported, poorly converted versions of console games. At least I hope so.Like many on this post I will support CD Projekt by spending my money on their games if they continue to produce quality like The Witcher... :peace:

DyreStraits said:
DyreStraits said:
DyreStraits said:
Thanks for the extra content and the new version.Once we download the new patch 1.4 will/should we start over or will it be a seamless transtion. Will saved games be affected? Thanks again!
Fully savegame compatible.
I'm kind of curious, and maybe a whole lot skeptical, about this comment. Are you positively, absolutely 100% sure that saved games from previous versions will be compatible with the EE version? If so, then the developers have really worked some nice 'magic' in doing so. With all of the new NPCs, New Voices, New Animations, etc, just how is it possible that a previous saved game can be made to work with the new content? You really have my attention on this. ;)
That's the official word at least, I don't know how it works :)

Nice I bought the game yesterday and I dindnt know anything about that. Thanks to God you give it for free for the old version owners. This is my first post here and you really rule.

I'll buy the physical version. If it gets published in Croatia, that is. I want to support the developers 100% because I'm very pleased with their product.

markaval1966 said:
After the sell out by companies like Lucas Arts who have been supported by the PC community since PCs began , it is great to see that a software house demonstrate loyalty to it's fan base. Free? I couldn't believe it when I saw it: you can bet your bottom dollar that no other company, and certainly not the like of EA, Lucas Arts etc, would have done this. Added to the fact that this is quite simply one of the best RPGs I've played (even taking into account some of the technical difficulties) I'm just hoping that CD Projekt have something in the pipeline to top the Witcher. The PC gaming arena, especially the RPG genre has been in dire need of an original and immersive game for a number of years. Not since the Baldur's Gate series of games has there been a game with real depth. I've played all the real classics going all the way back to Ultima, Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder: these games all had one thing in common - they had ground breaking game play for their time and they were addictive. Oh, and they took a bit longer than two days to play! That perhaps is my biggest criticism of many of the newer games (especially console games) that you fork out £40-£50 for a new title and it's finished in a couple of days. It was great to play The Witcher and have a storyline and game world that had depth. 8)Is the PC format dying: No....but in my opinion it's going through a definite lull. When you hear comments like '....PC only has 60% of the gaming market' ( ???) Most industries would give their eye teeth to have such a major share! And when you think about it that means that the likes of the PlayStation, Wii and Xbox only have 40% combined it puts things in perspective. It's like the economy: if 'experts' talk a recession often enough people eventually believe it. I think the PC format has suffered the same kind of negative vibe by console oriented companies. Companies like CD Projekt will help revive the PC gaming market - it may give other software houses a kick up the backside that they need to think of their PC customer base a little more rather than ripping them off with ported, poorly converted versions of console games. At least I hope so.Like many on this post I will support CD Projekt by spending my money on their games if they continue to produce quality like The Witcher... :peace:
It is true that economics is based on perception to a great extent, and that recessions often are self fulfilling prophecies. WHat I find interesting is that all the consoles are lumped together to make a 'console sales' figure when compared to the PC, when the PC is basically on it's own (Mac game sales have been difficult to find, so I can't speak for it), while the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, as well as previous iterations of the 3 that still have games sold, are all separate. While they are the same 'platform' they are completely different systems with their own dogmatic fanbases. I'd rather see more accurate figures with a breakdown of sales for each console.....but I guess I'm steering off topic. :-[As far as the EE, I might download first, and buy later. Money is very tight right now. ^^'

Brysiu said:
- Patch 1.4 (which turns the standard edition into The Witcher: Enhanced Edition)- D’jinni Adventure Editor v1.4- Two new adventures (“The Price of Neutrality” and “Side Effects”)- Making-of videos- ‘Inspired by The Witcher’ music CD- Official soundtrack of the game- Game manual- Official game guide- Map of The Witcher’s WorldPretty impressive, isn’t it? So, let me suggest you that visiting www.thewitcher.com should be – no, more than that - it must be the very first thing you do on the 19th of September!
That is exactly what I want. :beer: Only six days left till 19th of September!

SNGOutcast said:
SNGOutcast said:
SNGOutcast said:
I meant no need to hurry and sit at home on 19th checking out every hour "is it alredy able to download?" ;)
okay... nevertheless this date is a real thriller because TW fans from all over the world want to DL the EE. I'm not very skilled in technical things and capacity utilisation but I hope that the server(s) won't collaps. My overwrought nerves won't hold it if I can't get access to the EE via DL on 19th not a second later ;D That's why I decided for the retail version.

Finally ;)See all details over here:http://store.steampowered.com/app/20900/Note: This seems to be for NA only at this moment.CheersS.

Thank you CDProjekt! you guys and gals know how to not only develop a great game as The Witcher but also have a strong sense of Business... BRAVO!!On that Note: I will both download "EE" and purchase the retail package aswell,Why?, because I want to not only support your already delivered amazing work, but also support your future work, but that's not all, also to show you my appreciation as a "PC Gamer"/"Customer" for doing business the right way, again, Thank you and bless you all at CDProjekt Red.P.S. THe Witcher is not a "triple A" Title... it is a "Quintuple A" Title! ;)Sully

Solothores said:
Finally ;)See all details over here:http://store.steampowered.com/app/20900/Note: This seems to be for NA only at this moment.CheersS.
also on Impulse: https://store.stardock.com/application/twee ;)

It's not very often that a NEW gaming company like yourselves comes along with what can only be described as a very well polished first product. You could have rested on your laurels with ease after the acclaimed that The Witcher recived throughout the planet. But my god not only did produce the best RPG game for 2007 by far, CDProjekt then offers a free enhanced version download!!!,,,,,Just because you thought it right after much debating with your loyal fan base. This is indeed a software house that CARES. I have the original game from 2007, with an order for the EE version when released. Tis indeed a good day and one I might add that other more notable software develpers should follow the same lead.Kudos on being the best software developement team out there, and thank you for listening to what will be a very large fan base following for many years. I'm just looking forward to any product that CdProjekt has in the pipeline.Sheathana'ichMac-an-Toisheach "Sons of the Thane"

The thing I love about the Witcher is in an age where most non-Japanese RPG developers are trying to dress their games up as shooters or action games CD Projekt went out and made a quality unashamedly RPG-esque RPG. And one without the demon of level-scaling! This free content only reconfirms that you guys rock!

Top Bottom