Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
At least they said that if you didn't make the ritual he won't appear. I would have been pissed, this ritual is nonsense to me.

I always suspected since the whole Morrigan baby epilogue scene that it was a plant allowing BW to regurgitate Baldurs Gate narrative...

At least they said that if you didn't make the ritual he won't appear. I would have been pissed, this ritual is nonsense to me.

THANK GOD! That is good news indeed. I thought they were going to make him this really important character that was going to appear no matter what. Now all they need to do is do something interesting with him.

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn't give a shit one way or another if they fucked up God Child. I honestly never liked that stupid ass concept even in Origins. That and, I care so little about the world now that anything done well will be a pleasant surprise, and anything done poorly will be expected and shrugged off.

I honestly wouldn't give a shit one way or another if they fucked up God Child. I honestly never liked that stupid ass concept even in Origins. That and, I care so little about the world now that anything done well will be a pleasant surprise, and anything done poorly will be expected and shrugged off.

Why expected? We know very little about the story except the basic premise. Is it the art style? That is entirely subjective. IF nobody liked flashy armor sets, no one would play WoW. And remember that we are talking about Orlais,

Why expected? We know very little about the story except the basic premise. Is it the art style? That is entirely subjective. IF nobody liked flashy armor sets, no one would play WoW. And remember that we are talking about Orlais,

I don't care about anyone else but me, dude. What do I care about people who like WoW? I sure as hell don't. And anyway, the people that I do know that like it don't actually prefer the armor to look the way it does. They accept it because it's an MMO, and they're not known for looking good, detailed, or at all sensible.

As for why I'm expecting it, it's a combination of things. The stupid looking armor, the LGBT stuff, the Dragon Age 2 writing, which I honestly knew wasn't going to be as good as origins, because they ditched their original cast, and it's pretty hard to beat the epicness of Origins, even though the story's actually pretty simplistic. Honestly, sometimes simple is better.

Also, it's bioware. They've been screwing up a lot lately. I still love Mass Effect, but I'm not forgetting Starchild anytime soon. Nor will I forget how much I hated DA2's characters, or that lame ass "story". No focus at all.

edit:

Also, anytime someone ever makes a comparison of a single player game to anything MMO ish, it's an automatic red light. That should never happen if you ask me.

Also, anytime someone ever makes a comparison of a single player game to anything MMO ish, it's an automatic red light. That should never happen if you ask me.

Dragon Age, from ORIGINS I might add, was quite similar to WOW combat, except much worse because yes WOW is actually a good game in terms of combat. How would it not be really?

DA2 was worse in that respect. As for Armor Design in WoW, believe it or not but there are quite a few if not a lot sensible designs. Realistic? There's some of that as well, I said some before anyone digs up a ridiculous set.

Last edited:
Yeah, WoW is a bad example in my opinion (I don't like the armor designs but I don't know much about it).

I have no problem with armor "making no sense" because I cherish silly armor designs both in Dark Souls and... actual medieval armors, because armor isn't all about practicality, it's also about making an impression and telling a story; video games being more about impressions and stories for me...
I have also zero problem with warriors having earth-shattering abilities with their giant axes. I know human people don't do that but... heroes did that for centuries.
I'm not in love with armor/weapon design in DA:I either, but I'm not hysterical about it. This is better than DA:O and DA2 for me (and Bethesda, and Larian), more surprising and inventive. I like variety in design, tone and atmosphere and DA:I is full of it.

The art style poses little problem when you stop thinking every fantasy game should look like Games of Thrones and if you're ok with Dragon Age having more roots in comic books and 80s fantasy movies -- for the best, and sometimes the worst of it.

Dragon Age, from ORIGINS I might add, was quite similar to WOW combat, except much worse because yes WOW is actually a good game in terms of combat. How would it not be really?

DA2 was worse in that respect. As for Armor Design in WoW, believe it or not but there are quite a few if not a lot sensible designs. Realistic? There's some of that as well, I said some before anyone digs up a ridiculous set.

Well, that doesn't really mean much to me because I honestly thought the combat was pretty bad in origins. I liked it more than DA2, and I did have fun with it, but I have fun with Skyrim's combat as well, and I think it's pretty bad as well. That's fine though, because in both, it isn't the main attraction.

I actually agree that lately the style of WoW is really getting out of hand and my trasnmogs are as plausible as possible within WoW. When I think WoW (or Blizzard) art style I think of

http://www.apaladinstale.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/crystalstarr_purple_transmog.png
http://gon.cdn.on.net/uploads/2012/11/footman.jpg
http://media.blizzard.com/wow/warlo.../wallpapers/warlords-of-draenor-1920x1200.jpg

I am getting lots of that in the new DA:I and that makes me happy. I also like the ultra realistic armors of the WItcher.
@Cheylus

Damn, those are some seriously awesome armors. If real people wore that, then what the people of Orlais wear is not that unreasonable after all.

Post more pls!

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure people didn't wear that (in battle anyway, of course) and that was ultimately just for show.
Batman doesn't need a dark suit with a bat design either, but that's the impression he wants to make and his "character", and it has more priority than practicality and sense.

I'm not in love with armor/weapon design in DA:I either, but I'm not hysterical about it. This is better than DA:O and DA2 for me (and Bethesda

Better than bethesda? Na:

I know some people are gonna disagree and criticize these shots, but to me, Dragon Age has nothing on Nordic armor. Men in armor are supposed to look boss, not silly. And even if you don't like those, at the very least, I know that concept art is certainly a lot more creative.

For a much bigger clearer shot of these ^ Right click and click view. Ex: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131111212410/elderscrolls/images/a/a1/Scaled_Armor.jpg

I'm aware a few of these aren't practical looking, but it at least doesn't look cartoon stupid like Dragon Age's.

Last edited:
I liked some armors in Skyrim (even though I thought it overall lacked character and creativity). But I may be a bit spoiled by the "Immersive armors" mod to be honest.
In Oblivion and Morrowind or even Fallout..., even if I can agree that few of those armors were distinctive and full of character, that wasn't very good.

Last edited:
@Unkindled Jeeeeesus Christ. What the hell is wrong with people's arms in those Bethesda concept arts !? :rofl:

The arms?

edit: If you mean the strange angles they hold their weapons, I think that's to better show and display them. Like action figures.

I liked some armors in Skyrim (even though I thought it overall lacked character and creativity). But I may be a bit spoiled by the "Immersive armors" mod to be honest.
In Oblivion and Morrowind or even Fallout..., even if I can agree that few of those armors were distinctive and full of character, that wasn't very good.

What in dragon age is better?

Last edited:
Just look at them. Out of proportion, unnaturaly weird angles. Nord scout especially.

In my edit I mentioned that I'm pretty sure they're bent like that the same reason action figures in boxes are bent at weird angles; to better display the figures and what they're holding.

As for proportion, they look just fine to me :shrug:

@Unkindled
I don't know if it's better; I said it looks more inventive, varied, creative and surprising to me (in DA:I, not in the whole serie, I disliked armor designs in both DA:O and DA2) and it has globally more character. Vanilla Skyrim generally lacked boldness, once again mods did Bethesda's job.

@Unkindled
I don't know if it's better; I said it looks more inventive, varied, creative and surprising to me (in DA:I, not in the whole serie, I disliked armor designs in both DA:O and DA2) and it has globally more character. Vanilla Skyrim generally lacked boldness, once again mods did Bethesda's job.

Ah I see. Comes down to taste again. For me, I don't really care for boldness and such. I avoid Daedric armor and barely ever use dragonbone for that very reason. Just too much armor, too showy. Nordic Carved is as fancy as I get. I think men look better when what they're wearing accentuates and compliments their form, rather than distracts from it.

armor is utilitarian, so any "beautification" is done with consideration on how it affects the wearer and how effective it is at performing its function.

da armors are designed other way around, so it looks silly and non functional.

Top Bottom