Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
So constructive and adult opinion sir.

Oh I can't wait to hear this. Let me get comfortable, grab a seat, let me get my snuggy, cuddle up to my dog... popcorn, and there. I'm set. Now...

After seeing the achievements, and going only off the achievements... tell us how he's wrong.

Before, yes.
Though still not my thing. Neither was Morrigan before, looks wise. Bit too skinny. Except in cutscenes by the campfire that is, lol. But I loved her personality (lovable bitch), and of course, her voice actress was Claudia Black, who I was a fan of in Stargate SG-1.
After?

Not for me even remotely.

Bioware actually prettified her in the latest months

GOOD, she looked horrendous.

Also, why some of you are talking about the plot based on the achievements? It barely spoils the structure and one of the villains (which has nothing wrong by the way, story has the potential to be better than Origins).

Last edited:
@Geralt_387, ah k, that looks a good deal better than she did before.

As for the achievements... can't do it here without spoilers, but lets just say it's terribly expected. Like, I guessed this way back in Dragon Age 2.

Ok, without spoiling; are there any Starchild-like blunders in there?

Nah, I repeat, the achievements barely spoil the structure and that one of the main villains is
Corypheus

There's little context, but it can be deduced that
Corypheus will attack the Inquisition early on the game, that he has some control over the Grey Wardens, that's why they been showing a grand scale battle between the Inquisition and them. Ancient elves will have some importance in the plot given a picture with the Eluvians. A major plot regarding Orlais that will be political and that's it I think

Ok, without spoiling; are there any Starchild-like blunders in there?

Not just from looking at the achievements, no, so that's good :lol:

Let me say this. Origin's story wasn't really all that good. At least on its own it wasn't. Awakening added a new angle to it that in my opinion made it more interesting. (Getting that urge... definitely playing Origins again).

But anyway, even before Awakening, I still loved the game's story, because the darkspawn wasn't the big focus. So, that can still happen here. The characters and all the side politics that lead up to the game's big fairytale conclusion made that story work, and the same can still be said here.

So admittedly, declaring the whole story shit just based off of what the achievements revealed is silly for anyone to claim. Though it was funny, lol, and I laughed.

But just going off of the achievements, it's kinda lame. That coupled with my "meh" reaction to the game's characters anyway leaves me more susceptible to being skepticle. Along with other x factors.

Nah, I repeat, the achievements barely spoil the structure and that one of the main villains is
Corypheus

There's little context, but it can be deduced that
Corypheus will attack the Inquisition early on the game, that he has some control over the Grey Wardens, that's why they been showing a grand scale battle between the Inquisition and them. Ancient elf will have some importance in the plot given a picture with the Eluvians. A major plot regarding Orlais that will be political and that's it I think

The biggest achievement has a picture of a dragon with Cornflakes' picture in the bottom right corner. It's Corpheus alright. The nightmare difficulty achievement has his face on it too I believe.

The biggest achievement has a picture of a dragon with Cornflakes' picture in the bottom right corner. It's Corpheus alright. The nightmare difficulty achievement has his face on it too I believe.

but what about the undead dragon? the artbook storyboards show that the dragon is not a Corypheus transformation, so I'm thinking that the dragon is the Elder One and Corypheus is just working for him.

Besides, BioWare said that depending of your choices the final villain will be different, so I think it will be
either Celene or Gaspard

In any case anyone wasn't aware, the review copies have been handed out and there are first impressions being posted. Here is some from NeoGAF.

--"World's so ****** big"
--"Filled with puzzles"
--"load of sidequests"
--"Story seems more interesting. Hard to tell at this point ofc, but intro felt better than previous games"
--"Image quality is crisp on PS4, no screen tearing. Framerate holds up well but very slight dips during a ton of onscreen action.
--"Reiterating the world is massive, tons to see and do."
--"there's a ton of dialogue options, so it's not toned back like ME3."

but what about the undead dragon? the artbook storyboards show that the dragon is not a Corypheus transformation, so I'm thinking that the dragon is the Elder One and Corypheus is just working for him.

Besides, BioWare said that depending of your choices the final villain will be different, so I think it will be
either Celene or Gaspard

We'll just have to wait and see, but either way it's meh, even if:

It is an elder god and not Cornflakes.

But like I said, the story can still be good even if the big reveal is meh. At this point, it'll be an accomplishment just for them not to ruin the entire story across all three games in one fell swoop.

I still need to play DA:O Awakening.... (nearly wrote awankening then and that's certainly something different....)

*cries you guys are tempting me with these spoilers but i must be strong!!!

We'll just have to wait and see, but either way it's meh, even if:

It is an elder god and not Cornflakes.

But like I said, the story can still be good even if the big reveal is meh. At this point, it'll be an accomplishment just for them not to ruin the entire story across all three games in one fell swoop.

I actually think that him is a pretty fucking cool villain, I mean
The only ancient tevinter magister alive that crossed to the Golden City and has the original taint in him? The only one who can tell what truly happened?
He's practically the source of the biggest threat that the DA world has seen

Count me on.

Top Bottom