Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
The Inquisitor has the potential for being the most interesting protagonist of the three, depending on how they develop post-game content. I'll reserve judgement until then.

I don't see mine as being politically minded, however. She'll disband the Inquisition as soon as order is restored. An army without a purpose or loyalties is too dangerous to keep around. She does have the potential for being mythologically significant, though. The power in her mark is able to open and close the Fade, and something big is coming in terms of the Veil- Sandal, Flemeth and Morrigan have all talked about the change coming over the world, when all will sing the same and everyone will have magic again. In the meantime my Inquisitor will devote herself to research into the elven orbs and eluvians.

The Inquisitor has the potential for being the most interesting protagonist of the three, depending on how they develop post-game content.
It's a shame they are probably taking the route one game - one protagonist. Even a bunch of DLC can't offer all that much in terms of content. I'm personally hoping for an expansion.

I don't see my Inquisitior disbanding the organisation. After all it is said in the epilogue that Celene is relying on Inquisition to keep her throne. Plus a number of templars are said not return to the order, but instead staying with the Inquisition and going through lyrium withdrawal. Can't have them all wandering around can I guess.

Last edited:
It's a shame they are probably taking the route one game - one protagonist. Even a bunch of DLC can't offer all that much in terms of content. I'm personally hoping for an expansion.

I don't see my Inquisitior disbanding the organisation. After all it is said in the epilogue that Celeine is relying on Inquisition to keep her throne. Plus a number of templars are said not return to the order, but instead staying with the Inquisition and going through lyrium withdrawal. Can't have them all wandering around can I guess.

Same. Only way I could see my character leaving is if they offered him a spot as the right hand of the Divine, and if that Divine was Cassandra, lol.

And I really don't want to move on to a new protag, at least not yet.

I don't see my Inquisitior disbanding the organisation. After all it is said in the epilogue that Celeine is relying on Inquisition to keep her throne. Plus a number of templars are said not return to the order, but instead staying with the Inquisition and going through lyrium withdrawal. Can't have them all wandering around can I guess.
Celene can eat dirt, and the rest of them need to move on.

I don't want the same protagonist in another game, but a good DLC set or expansion can round out a protagonist and set the tone for the future. There are a lot of unresolved questions from DAI and I hope they don't just drop them until we get a codex entry in the next game.

Celene can eat dirt, and the rest of them need to move on.
What's so bad about Celene? I didn't like her(and found her VO rather irritating), but she didn't seem any worse then all the other d bags I met at Halamshiral. Granted I haven't read the Masked Empire, nor do I plan to in foreseeable future, because tomorrow I'll finally get my hands on Season of Storms.
And yes this "tell not show" thing Dragon Age has going sometimes is getting frustrating.

What's so bad about Celene? I didn't like her(and found her VO rather irritating), but she didn't seem any worse then all the other d bags I met at Halamshiral. Granted I haven't read the Masked Empire, nor do I plan to in foreseeable future, because tomorrow I'll finally get my hands on Season of Storms.
And yes this "tell not show" thing Dragon Age has going sometimes is getting frustrating.
She's Orlesian. If you want your hero to sit around babysitting a bunch of snot-flinging Orlesian nobles playing their stupid Game, that's up to you. My Lavellan has more important things to do- like playing with the fabric of creation. :p It's like Skyrim where some people kept saying they wanted the Dragonborn to become a new emperor. No, and hell no.

My Lavellan has more important things to do- like playing with the fabric of creation.
Ah so yours Inquisitior is an elf, that makes sense. Mine is human, so political stuff wouldn't bother him as much I guess. And you can only hope that Bioware gives you the chance to play with those fabrics, so it won't have to remain your headcanon. But it would definetly be great if the Inquisition will be given different paths to steer on, not just one Bioware will see suitable in the grand scheme of things.

Ah so yours Inquisitior is an elf, that makes sense. Mine is human, so political stuff wouldn't bother him as much I guess. And you can only hope that Bioware gives you the chance to play with those fabrics, so it won't have to remain your headcanon. But it would definetly be great if the Inquisition will be given different paths to steer on, not just one Bioware will see suitable in the grand scheme of things.

I let that bitch die and drown in her own blood, lol. Long live Gaspard!

As long as he's my puppet, that is, hehehe.

I do think playing a human vs. elf makes a difference in how you see your role. For me, anyway. I imagine my Trevelyan rogue would get more involved, but I don't care for her so I haven't thought about it much.

As for Celene vs. Gaspard, I don't have any love for either of them. They're both bastards. I don't let the assassination happen, though, because that seems like encouraging chaos. I set up Celene with Briala to act as spoiler over her. Haven't decided which Divine is best yet. The main thing I'd like to see is the Chantry and Orlais both stable but weak enough and playing off each other that they're not able to do great harm or get imperial again.

I would've conisdered playing as an elf later on, but I just can't get over how puny their bodies are. Actually now that I think about it, I'm not looking forward to seeing my elven Warden with such a body. If that ever happens of course.

Last edited:
If you do play an elf, play a female and romance Solas. You get some significant content that way, and don't have to look at your scrawny male elf with moobs. Pretty sad.

For Costin: You asked me to upload a video of Varric commenting on Loghain. I don't do video uploads anymore but here are screencaps.

Attachments

• DragonAgeInquisition2014-11-2916-00-32-69_zpsc5f82197.jpg
    DragonAgeInquisition2014-11-2916-00-32-69_zpsc5f82197.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 47
  • DragonAgeInquisition2014-11-2916-00-44-48_zpsf669dddf.jpg
    DragonAgeInquisition2014-11-2916-00-44-48_zpsf669dddf.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 47
  • DragonAgeInquisition2014-11-2916-00-34-42_zpse484b3f2.jpg
    DragonAgeInquisition2014-11-2916-00-34-42_zpse484b3f2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 45
  • DragonAgeInquisition2014-11-2916-00-49-06_zps8ceb4cb8.jpg
    DragonAgeInquisition2014-11-2916-00-49-06_zps8ceb4cb8.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 47
Hmm funny, finally found out why there is a tactical mode...

note all on nightmare.

Archer: nead wasd to move while fighting, tactical was that annoying thing that popped up if is scrolled out to much
Mage: crap even automatic-pause on AE-effects is a nuisance stand here kill stuff wait till they get close kill them. Just hit right key in right order and solo everything.

sword and board fighter... shit this is un-playable, what the... crap... death, death, death.... who's the moron that designed those controls??? fighter is piss ass weak horrible... UNTIL hey if I hit tactical mode in EVERY fight that moron sword and board runs up to the enemy all by itself... attacks all by itself and I only have to do the ability keys... Still nowhere near as awesome as the almost immortal damage monster mage but suddenly not as annoying. Hate bull charge though, always forget to stop it after passing through all the enemies.

Weirdest thing is in multi-player it feels like warrior isn't ass piss poor as it is in single-player.

Well I guess my character is just straighforward. If he came to stop assassination of Celene, then that's what he's doing.

I never wanted to save her in the first place, so I was happy that they gave another option.

Main reason I can't play an elf is because they and the other races wouldn't get very involved in my opinion, and I have a hard time seeing a chantry related organization following them. The inquisition involves you in many things, why wouldn't you want your character to be involved with it all? At least that's how I look at it. The inquisitor is much more than some guy or girl that closes rifts if you allow them to be, and that is when they become a lot more interesting.

I can't imagine my Inquisitor disbanding the Inquisition. The Inquisition has done so much good and I get the feeling that if the Inquisition disbanded, the order it has restored would be threatened again. The Inquisition is a very powerful force by the end of the game, and I think keeping it going could go a long way to helping all of Thedas.

And on the topic of Celene, I liked her more than Briala and Gaspard. She reminds me of Anora; a woman who whilst might not have the strongest claim to the throne, she is excellent at politics and charming the court, which is what you need from a ruler. She can find people easily enough to command her armies for her, and having a strong political ally like Celene would be better for the Inquisition than some war-hungry general.

When I went through that quest last time I tried to help Briala as well as Celene, but for some reason the best I could give to Briala was exile? do you have to actually support Briala to get anything better than that?

Main reason I can't play an elf is because they and the other races wouldn't get very involved in my opinion
But the elves are quite involved in the elven lore twists. Which can also be very interesting experience. Dwarves and the Qunari on the other hand do seem a bit out of place, although I haven't played as any of them, maybe there is some interesting stuff too.

Couldn't imagine the inquisition disbanding on my templar human either... Then again she's the utter manipulative power-hungry bitch, Meredith is her moral guide book. Kill mages, make them tranquil... pretend I'm send by Andraste herself and gather power where possible.

The others? Nope disband this thing ASAP. Kill the chantry while we are at it. Humbug, divine maker bullocks... Can believe in ancient elven gods, cause Mythal and Fen'Harel at least exist in some form.

same as skyrim 8 or 9 gods... pff screw them. At least those 13 to 16 Deadra princes exist in some really visible powerful form, if not gods then they are so powerful they are worthy off ass kissing to gain favors.

But the elves are quite involved in the elven lore twists. Which can also be very interesting experience. Dwarves and the Qunari on the other hand do seem a bit out of place, although I haven't played as any of them, maybe there is some interesting stuff too.

I can appreciate the elven lore without being an elf, personally, so that's not really a point for me. The elven lore is involved, but at the very beginning, you're involved in south Thedas politics, and after all the elven stuff is gone, that's what remains. It's a side thing for me. A big side thing, as I've gone into the lore pretty deep myself:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/535991-old-gods-and-the-maker/#entry18127875

And I didn't need to be an elf to appreciate any of it. There's a few bits here and there I miss out on, but for me I'd rather just pick those up from a forum than lose a hundred hours playing a character that to me doesn't fit.

Just finished DAI. The first impression when I started was, dam this feels like some MMORPG (Tera, Neverwinter) - good vs master evil plot, loads of low quality filler quests, you have to collect tons of herbs and ores so you can craft something, combat is simple button smash to win.
Maybe I should have tried hard, but on normal I didn't face any real challenge. Last dragon and boss was like 30 seconds job for Iron bull.

Top Bottom