Duelshock 4 support (PC)

+
Duelshock 4 support (PC)

Has anyone been able to connect there Duelshock 4 controller? (or any gamepad at all) I've got mine plugged in but the game doesn't pick it up, and keeps telling me 'Mouse and keyboard detected control scheme changed.' Is there any way to swap to the controller?

Why should you, when this game has native support for PS4 controller and you can get the fancy PS icons instead Xbox ones?

Well, that's the thing. It doesn't apparently. Tried it myself and it doesn't recognise my PS4 controller. Xbox 360 controller works just fine, but I really would've preferred to use the DS4. Hopefully they'll patch it in at some point.

Well, that's the thing. It doesn't apparently. Tried it myself and it doesn't recognise my PS4 controller. Xbox 360 controller works just fine, but I really would've preferred to use the DS4. Hopefully they'll patch it in at some point.

Seems to be strange when they said it will work natively.
Ye, let's hope it will be fixed then.

As far as I know, very few games have native support for the Dualshock 4. You can trick you computer into "believing" that is's a Xbox gamepad with 3rd party programs, though. That's what I'm using.

I have not found a way to have the DS4 natively recognised on the PC, and like everyone else would be very interested to hear from anyone that has.

Meanwhile I followed these steps:

1. Download the Xbox 360 controller driver http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
2. Download Input Mapper from https://inputmapper.com/. This is very commonly used, is a safe install (no adware) and works.
3. In input mapper I set up a new profile using the default settings - I suspect that this wasn't necessary. "Emulate virtual controller: Xbox 360" was ticked.
4. Input mapper needs to be running in the background
5. Press the playstation button on the controller itself. A popup appears (I found I could turn this off once the game was running, but it needed to be on at first)
6. Run the game and get to the title screen.
7. Press a few buttons on the controller to have it recognised. Note that touching the track-pad will re-trigger the Mouse and Keyboard settings. Not a biggie.
8. All buttons work as per the prompts - apart from...

Triangle = Y
Square = X Circle = B
Cross = A

In may haste to play the game I didn't test any other ways of setting things up, and I'm pretty sure some of the above steps are unnecessary but they worked for me. YMMV.

Last edited:
I also had thought that the game would come with native support for ds4,...can't get mine working too. hope they patch it,...had really hoped for it,...

Top Bottom