E3 2019 & post-E3 2019 - Media News & Previews

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish hardcore didn't eliminate UI but levels end sponginess instead.

Yup. this smells like marketting talk to be honest.

I wonder if UI also removes targetting and such.
Post automatically merged:

Speaking of Gaga, I cant believe they removed her, Gaga has Cyberpunk written all over her. They want the angry-studs.

Last edited:
Speaking of Gaga, I cant believe they removed her, Gaga has Cyberpunk written all over her. They want the angry-studs.

Cyberpunk in the "Corporate idol with marketing" then.
She earns millions, does some consequence-less provocations and is just about style without much behind (just like that clip where she wears some anarcho-punks patch on her vest, those guys would spit on her...).
If you want some actual "Cyberpunk" bands, I'd tell you to check Atari Teenage Riot / early Alec Empire.
Those guys made riots, actual political rally, etc...
Heck, they even give a support message to hackers at the end of this one:
Not simply "walking at the grammy with a robe made of steak", no, they had their hands dirty, which is closer to Johnny Silverhand's idea of a "cyberpunk" than Gaga which talks, but never push the boundaries (I guess a californian villa is way too comfortable to tell it to fuck off), she sure has an aestethic, but beyond that, she doesn't do much when it comes to actions.

Last edited:
That interview had some awkward dialog/translation. I doubt they'd tie the highest difficulty to no UI. that makes no sense whatsoever. No HUD should simply be an optional setting.

I guess the game with be more lethal, without Hud (unless you activate them throught cyberware).
We'll see it when they'll release more stuff about it anyway, but yeah, I hope it's closer to CP2020, rather than just removing your life jauge.

How did the Lady Gaga rumors start anyway? Just wondering since it now appears that she was never part of the project.

She would have been a good fit for Lizzy Wizzy, if they had approached her. She has an incredible voice & can act.

I hope this Hardcore mode does more than just remove the UI. Since they already said the UI will be customizable in the options, there is no purpose for such a mode.

Also, does this mean they haven't designed quests with mandatory scanning and such? Or is scanning not considered part of the UI? Will there be other ways of checking your bullet amount (like in some realistic shooters), or is it just a guessing/memory game?

I hope they elaborate further on this. Dropping a term like "Hardcore Mode" and then not saying anything else about it is mildly confusing.

I hope this Hardcore mode does more than just remove the UI. Since they already said the UI will be customizable in the options, there is no purpose for such a mode.

Also, does this mean they haven't designed quests with mandatory scanning and such? Or is scanning not considered part of the UI? Will there be other ways of checking your bullet amount (like in some realistic shooters), or is it just a guessing/memory game?

I hope they elaborate further on this. Dropping a term like "Hardcore Mode" and then not saying anything else about it is mildly confusing.
I believe hardcore mode will disable by default UI elements like compass, health bars (for both V and enemies) and quest markers. Additional informations provided by Kiroshi scanner, for example, are not going to count as such. I'm not sure if things like Subdermal Grip, which supposed to provide informations regarding number of ammo, will count however.

I believe hardcore mode will disable by default UI elements like compass, health bars (for both V and enemies) and quest markers. Additional informations provided by Kiroshi scanner, for example, are not going to count as such. I'm not sure if things like Subdermal Grip, which supposed to provide informations regarding number of ammo, will count however.
Yeah. That's still dumb. Imagine playing Dark mode in TW2 with no health bar. Difficulty setting should not be tied to the UI.

4k version of Yaiba Kusanagi bike screenshot

4k version of Yaiba Kusanagi bike screenshot

Lovely looking bike :love:

Seeing the airships up there makes me wonder if some quests would take us inside them o_O

-------

About the hardcore difficulty, I'd be thrilled to try it as long as it doesn't force any obnoxious features, like very limited inventory capacity or low-level foes with one-hit lethal attacks. Give me a hard time, not an annoying time :LOL:

Lovely looking bike :love:

Seeing the airships up there makes me wonder if some quests would take us inside them o_O

-------

About the hardcore difficulty, I'd be thrilled to try it as long as it doesn't force any obnoxious features, like very limited inventory capacity or low-level foes with one-hit lethal attacks. Give me a hard time, not an annoying time :LOL:
I believe the airships are cargo vessels, I don't think any humans ride in them. But that would indeed be very cool. I bet some cheat or mod will let us fly (noclip or something) and drop ourselves on top. That'd be very cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom