E3 Discussion Thread

+
"Mocarski said that enemies actually had lower health for the sake of our time-constrained demo." - so stop saying it is to easy or dumbed down

People here only focus on lighting and video quality, mmm cmon you can do better! thers a lot more details in a game to see besides the quality of the streaming and the diferences in the lighting...

I never doubted CD Projekt Red could handle the basics of The Witcher a third time, or that it could make one of the best-looking games on PC. It's still impossible to tell if parts of The Witcher 3 will suffer from its ambitious scope. But the only criticisms I had so far, minor performance hiccups, Mocarski brought up himself when I asked him what kind of settings the game was running at.

"It's not yet optimized," he said simply. "You can expect the game to look way better than that."

If you can't see huge differences with the hair and in the city, it could mean you refused to accept the truth. But anyhow regardless, just because you can't see it doesn't mean it wasn't true.

Just like simply because you think you see it doesn't make it so either.

So, again, as I said, wait for some footage with proper quality before you judge.

Show one a piece of white rag and one will argue it's black anyways(for the sake of argument right?). I wonder how is such a disposition called again...

People here only focus on lighting and video quality, mmm cmon you can do better! thers a lot more details in a game to see besides the quality of the streaming and the diferences in the lighting...

I argue those differences because those are the only differences noticeable.

Yea I can see some shadows of NPCs not appearing until the camera is close enough and the lighting does look a little washed out. But I'm pretty sure the game isn't running on max settings on the demos. Sustaining a framerate high enough for example in Novigrad seems difficult. Just throwing this put there..

OHHH I can't wait 24th of February 2015, now not only because of the game itself, but I can't wait to come here, and see certain members swallow their posts whole, without ketchup ^^

Edit: I'm talking about the ones who
bash on the game judging by the shit bitrate alpha build stream

The best of the preview. No doubt.

Geralt's beard. Man, let's talk about Geralt's beard. Faces in The Witcher 3 are some of the most impressive I've seen in a game, though I don't think they're pushing the bar for realism. But they're expressive and and look hand-sculpted where many faces now look realistically motion capped. Geralt's beard has some incredibly detailed hair and stubble. If it's not the beard of 2015, I'll be shocked.

Beard of the year is coming

If you can't see huge differences with the hair and in the city, it could mean you refused to accept the truth. But anyhow regardless, just because you can't see it doesn't mean it wasn't true.

Indeed, is the first natural reaction to refuse the overwhelming and visual evidence truth, when your expectations and love for a thing like this emerges...is just natural they need some time to rebuild their minds and look with the eyes and not the hearth...

Anyway ive already said, i'm really confident with CDPR Theyr a great team! they have 8 months until the release, but lets say the thruth theyve played a dangerous game...xDD

Do we have to talk about graphics all the time???

Seriously, graphics are nice and shiny but hardly among the really important parts for a good RPG. Fancy graphics are a nice-to-have feature imo.

Have we PC fans become really that shallow and nitpicking? What's the point in all these screenshot and trailer comparisons? Let's be honest: the graphics were great compared to other games of the genre and even industry-wide and that should really be enough. I have no doubt CDPR will offer us the best graphics they are able to produce at stable framerates. Game development is a complex business and you can't always know whether you will be able to maintain everything during the various stages of development. Sometimes you have to tone graphics down a bit to offer a fluid experience in the end. Is that really THAT horrible if the games looks 2% worse than on a marketing screenshot? Is the game less fun because of it?

I can only feel sorry for everyone nitpicking about graphics and "downgrading" and all that nonsense. The whole gaming industry and with them almost every gamer have become graphics-only fetishists, "1080p there", "next-gen here"...it's so annoying, really. Graphics are a TOOL not the core and especially not the main reason of fun in any vidoe game. Please, stop that discussion, for the love of God.

Ok, then, play the sword of destiny gameplay trailer in the same quality of bitrate and video resolution...if you can't see the diference, then you need a pair of glasses perhaps...

Seems to me you're the one who needs a pair of glasses and maybe some manners towards other forum members.
Here you go, similar quality shots between Swords of Destiny:
View attachment 3921

and Gamespot demo:
View attachment 3922
View attachment 3923

Apart from color differences (which is user adjustable) it looks exactly the same.

Attachments

• ac43b49ff74125112.jpg
    ac43b49ff74125112.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 7e12d79587.jpg
    7e12d79587.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 30
  • b50369d6a4.jpg
    b50369d6a4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 32
Top Bottom