Early Release?

+
Stop dreaming there will be no early release

B-but....

In all seriousness - theoretically possible (and if so, then not some months in advance) but highly unlikely.

I assume you can always polish (no pun intended) and add more so why not utilize the given release window to the full extend and make sure nothing is (overly) buggy by the time of current planned release? Some issues will crop up anyway. Not that I'm an expert on sales windows and game development but the game carries high expectations.

If I have the simplified choice between releasing early but with potential issues and releasing as intended while utilizing the time for fixes and polish, I'd pick the second option because you risk company damage and bad press if some major issues arise. I'd rather go by the date we now know and hope it's indeed ready as intended until then, without additional delays required.

Not gonna happen with an early release. They moved the date once, it would be a marketing nightmare to move it again, even in our favour.

The topic of this thread is not the virus or its effects on national economies. Posts deleted for having nothing to do with the actual topic.

Yay for the 10th of December...
I mean, I get wanting to release all versions of the game at the same time, but can't those PS5 and XBSX peeps wait an extra couple weeks so those of us who don't wanna shuck out $1k for a new system don't have to? (super selfish attitude, I know, but dang...)

Not selfish, it's true.
When a system comes out, only a few people buy it, so you'll push the date back for what? 10% more sale? ... Probably less :/
Most people will play it on what they already own first.

Not selfish, it's true.
When a system comes out, only a few people buy it, so you'll push the date back for what? 10% more sale? ... Probably less :/

Don't forget they recently got into bed with Stadia! Yippy, because we all REALLY wanted to play with googles new system...just like how we all had to have "google glass"

Guest 4406876

Not gonna happen with an early release. They moved the date once, it would be a marketing nightmare to move it again, even in our favour.
It happened XD
Post automatically merged:

Not selfish, it's true.
Unless they release on Nintendo (which is the only real console here) I don't see myself playing it much on PS4 (which I have). In 2020 there no sense to buy in consoles at all anymore. It's a dead market that in the end costs MORE than a top PC now with new hardware and runs like shit. I undersand STADIA or Nvidia streaming service. A friend of mine is in Ukraine right now as a medic and can play from time to time when he's off with streaming. But a console...no thanks. well unless it's nintendo.

It happened XD

Unless they release on Nintendo (which is the only real console here) I don't see myself playing it much on PS4 (which I have). In 2020 there no sense to buy in consoles at all anymore. It's a dead market that in the end costs MORE than a top PC now with new hardware and runs like shit. I undersand STADIA or Nvidia streaming service. A friend of mine is in Ukraine right now as a medic and can play from time to time when he's off with streaming. But a console...no thanks. well unless it's nintendo.
Wait did they suddenly move the date back up?! I really have no way of knowing with these people now!

Don't forget they recently got into bed with Stadia! Yippy, because we all REALLY wanted to play with googles new system...just like how we all had to have "google glass"

I can honestly say I don't know anyone who games on stadia and I've never even seen anyone online talking about stadia other than to make fun of it. Stadia is about as relevant as Nokia N-Gage.

It happened XD

I included the PC in it.
Just release the game,
And re-release it on next gen once they're out, with maxed out graphics, would be smarter than just putting everything on hold.

Yay for the 10th of December...
I mean, I get wanting to release all versions of the game at the same time, but can't those PS5 and XBSX peeps wait an extra couple weeks so those of us who don't wanna shuck out $1k for a new system don't have to? (super selfish attitude, I know, but dang...)
the overhwelming majority of gamers have Ps4/Xbox one/PC releasing these versions before makes sense

Top Bottom