Employees and developers are speaking out...

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe that was theyr thoughts to the game BEFORE it was actually released, hype train striked everyone

A 'good souls' in this PRIVATE press, this world 'have a lot' (lol)... but only CD are paying from your own pocket some physical refunds, update at the topic about it... or read here. So, tell me, how many company's are doing or does it in this world?

A 'good souls' in this PRIVATE press, this world 'have a lot' (lol)... but only CD are paying from your own pocket some physical refunds, update at the topic about it... or read here. So, tell me, how many company's are doing or does it in this world?

They basically were forced to since the console issue started the refund wave.
None of us on PC will see a cent back.

They basically were forced to since the console issue started the refund wave.
None of us on PC will see a cent back.
This... besides, paying your way out is quicker/easier then actually fixing this mess. They have the money.

Since my first warning seems to have been largely missed or ignored, here it is again.

You are not allowed to insult or attack anyone -- or suggest they be fired, because it's rude.

If people keep posting suggestions about firing someone or someones, or otherwise being rude, the thread will be closed.

This game was in development for what, 7 years? How can they say it has an unrealistic deadline? Sure, by the look of it they only worked half of that time at most so what did they do in the meantime?

Well, I'm just not convinced that some board member walked into a developer meeting one morning and said; some keys will not be re-bindable kurwa, and make action F in particular. Or you are all fired.
In this case, the board is definitely responsible for major decisions regarding development, timing, marketing, et cetera. Unlike many larger companies, CDPR's board currently consists entirely of people who either are, or have been, members of senior management.

There was a complete disconnect between developers and marketing.
Heck, even Devs weren't aware of one of the delays before it was announced on twitter. Literally hours before one of the Devs made an ass out of their mouth thanks to that post.
Post automatically merged:

This game was in development for what, 7 years? How can they say it has an unrealistic deadline? Sure, by the look of it they only worked half of that time at most so what did they do in the meantime?
Look into things, you will soon find that the effective development time for the game wasn't more than 4 yours. With multiple struggles that essentially made them have to rebuild parts of the game.

It's annoying how much drama there is arround this game. Okay, so CDPR failed this release, there is many bugs and unfinished features... and ?

Aside from all problems, still no journalist - that I am aware of- is talking about how generous CDPR is with price of the game and no microtransactions attached. Before the release, Cyberpunk was probably number 1 anticipated single player game EVER. Other studios would scamm last socks out of everyone with this title.

Game is playable, and CDPR is probably preparing plan B.
We need to chill.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 34
When people like Jason Schrier and Jim Sterling were reporting on questionable conditions within CD Projekt they got death threats and were accused of being politically motivated and everything else rabid unquestioning fans call critics of their favourite company.

Well at least some are realising they were mistaken, but it's quite amazing that there are still people who will defend this corporation at the expense of the developers who actually work on the game.

Reading OP, just reaffirms suspicions that management possibly f'ed it up.

I, as customer / consumer, feel there should've been a delayed release. However, since there was almost "rioting" over delays, in addition I feel the game should've been announced for "first release" later, example given April 2021, not April 2020 or late 2019.

More time would've helped devs iron out the issues while expanding features. In this case we wouldn't have run into the compromises or bad aspects of having to announce that initially planned features (such as multiple apartments) were have to be removed or cut down on.

Long story short, a later release would've given us a more wholesome experience. The game already has great aspects, an ice world an memorable emotional moments. Imagine what it could've delivered given more time and additions of features.

Heck, even Devs weren't aware of one of the delays before it was announced on twitter. Literally hours before one of the Devs made an ass out of their mouth thanks to that post.
Post automatically merged:

Look into things, you will soon find that the effective development time for the game wasn't more than 4 yours. With multiple struggles that essentially made them have to rebuild parts of the game.

Yeah, thats what I said, there is no way they worked 7 years at this. But whose fault is that? We all have to do things in a timely fashion at work, any work. Only one company on this world can take your money and not deliver a product :)
I dont blame any particular developer, I blame the company. The company took my money, the company delivered a faulty product and lied about it.

Also stop preordering games.

this game was always meant to be an open world and after all these years and with a dev saying that had playing +100 hours, has a very limited open world mechanics and a lot of cunt content. Whose fault is it?... not all is about bugs.

Yeah, thats what I said, there is no way they worked 7 years at this. But whose fault is that? We all have to do things in a timely fashion at work, any work. Only one company on this world can take your money and not deliver a product :)
I dont blame any particular developer, I blame the company. The company took my money, the company delivered a faulty product and lied about it.

Also stop preordering games.
It sure sounds like you are blaming the devs for being lazy tho lol.

It's a very depressing view. I'm quite sure, and probably not only me, that in 8 years of development, with a real management, this game would now include, if not all, most of all the expected features (not only the basic "RPG" features and actions, but those that actually would have opened a new "era" in gaming).

Actually, I wish that some, if not all, managements heads will fall, because they should be responsible of the company decisions, so they will have to pay if the company will totally fail (not financially) in reputation or, in the worst case, will close due to an unable management.

I'm PC gamer, in this case, for Cyberpunk, but even if I've not experienced any crash until now, I totally agree with the incompleteness sensation and bugs/glitches encountered until now.

This is a game that I would expect probably by a good team like after 2 years, not after declared 8 years, so I would think more about bad or unrealistic deadlines, bad or incomplete decisions on game mechanics, bad resource management......basically bad management.

this game was always meant to be an open world and after all these years and with a dev saying that had playing +100 hours, has a very limited open world mechanics and a lot of cunt content. Whose fault is it?... not all is about bugs.

The guy who had 175+ hours was the LEAD Q&A and he has a quest in the game that makes fun of him and he didn't catch it so apparently he's one of the guys the devs hate. Also sounds incompetent.

This makes me wonder if maybe an early access like Taleworlds is doing with Bannerlord might have been a good idea.
I absolutely loathe early access for story games that release in small chunks. There is nothing more frustrating than playing a game with a good story and then having to wait 6 months to see chapter 2 or whatever, regardless if the game is bug free or not. Bannerlord isn't a very good example, tbqh, because it was mostly feature complete. Baldur's Gate 3 would be a better example, and also a good example of why I'm not going to bother buying a game I can only play for 10 hours or whatever and then have to wait years to see it completed.

One employee asked the board why it had said in January that the game was “complete and playable” when that wasn’t true, to which the board answered that it would take responsibility.

Talk is cheap – as I'm sure we've all witnessed by now – so just how is this supposed to transpire? More pressure on the lower decks to churn out what was prematurely promised? How does upper management take responsibility if not by heading for the hills with huge bonuses? Anyone..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom