Enemies poping up "too late" after 1.21 patch

+
Enemies poping up "too late" after 1.21 patch

Hey there, I already reported quite a few bugs here on the forum past-1.22, not sure if it got noticed or not...

Today I was again on Skellige and finished up some quests. Though I have noticed that since the lastest patch (probably even since 1.21) it seems like enemies are poping out too late!

This can be really immersion breaking and annoying.

3 examples:

1: Bandit camp: One bandit level 20 on skellige, I killed him. I just wanted to ride away on Roach, i see on the minimap that there are 2 more bandits there, suddenly. I kill them, turn around and again 3 more bandits spawn....

2. Witcher gear/Tressure: This happens a lot after the latest patch. I go to a marked place, just take all the Witcher gear with me (without fighting), I want to exit the area AND THEN there are 3 wraiths that just spawned, protecting the items. I remember that there was no problem 1 year ago, at the exact same areas. Basicaly, you can take items "for free" without fighting anyone. Once I was level 10 and got an awesome level 20 sword without fighting, I was wondering why. Then a level 20 Gargoyl spawned, but I already had the item so I just ran away :-/

3. "Abandoned places" (sorry, I play the polish version. I hope you know what I mean: The places where people come, after you have beaten all bandits/monsters from the region): There were around 10 bandits, was a nice fight and I finished them all up. However the Cutscene, with the returning people, didn't trigger! I was runnning around like an idiot, couldn't find anyone left. I knew it had sth. to do with this spawning bug, so I decided to take roach and ride away for >500 meters. Then turned around and came back and guess what: One bandit spawned in the middle of the area and was waiting for me....

So as you can see this bug is really big! Not only can it make your game too easy (by getting free items), but it can also waste your time, because sth. will not trigger correctly, even though you have killed everyone (except the invisible one :p ).

I hope this gets noticed by some CDPR devs, I see many bug reports, but only in a few moments I also see an answer from one of the developers. Isn't it possible to give fast feedback to a bug"reporter"? Or do we really need to make a bug-report ticket for every thing we find in the game, and shouldn't make such posts here on the forum? We all want a great game and want the GOTY edition to contain a polished game with patches that actually fix annoying things like this one, and many more on this forum.

Sadly my Nvidia Shadowplay broke today, so I have no video content, showing these bugs. Though I can upload a savefile if this is needed. Played on PC, gog, newest Patch.

i've encountered this issue a few times,
install the newest patch: 1.22 and see if it fixes this

Like I wrote at least 2 times in the first line and the last line of my wall of text: Newest patch installed, didn't happen before patch 1.21.

Though it seems like nobody here cares about actual bug reports on the forum. Maybe I should make a huge list with all the posts I made here and bring them directly to the CDPR studio by myself, to get some attention...

Yes, do it. They've written several times that they could only assist when bug report ticket is assigned, and that happens only when official bug report sent.
Personally I encountered something similar to the bug you describe, but wasn't able to replicate it.

Hey folks!

Sorry about the buggies, but the devs are still plugging away. Couple of things to help get these reports noticed:

1.) Do not send in a ticket with multiple issues identified -- makes for a nightmare, even when just trying to send a useful response to the ticket. One issue per ticket.

2.) Please avoid walls of text in descriptions. The shorter, the better. Quick, direct issues are usually the first to be read and handled, as that speeds everything up. Long descriptions are usually shelved.

3.) The issue you're seeing seems to be a new iteration of an old, old bug. I've not come across many posts about this, but I have seen enough that I think sending in a short (3-4 sentence) description of the issue with a save game or 3 would be worthwhile.

4.) Tech Support is quite busy. Responses and actual work on each ticket may take a while. Please be patient. (So...much...code...;))

Yeah, that's why I still collesting screenshots with various misplaced objects - they're too many...

Nope, that is related to my delay with bug reports - they're too many, and tech support is already very busy.
But I've overcome this, and sent a dozen of reports today, including misplaced objects, like weapons.

Ok here I caught the bug today in action, so it happend 5 times in 20 hours game time, 4/5 times in Skellige:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEY9hR2g6H4

@SigilFey: Is a list planned that shows all the bugs that are known? Because for normal players it's hard to tell if a bug got addressed, if a bug is not fixable or if it's already fixed... I have a list of around 20 smaller and also quite few bigger bugs on my list, I planned to do a video showing them all, even though a dev. won't probably notice me :-/ Now you say, we should avoid tickets/reports with several bugs in it? So should I report all these bugs individually? Not sure if I can find so much time.

Ok here I caught the bug today in action, so it happend 5 times in 20 hours game time, 4/5 times in Skellige:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEY9hR2g6H4

What you're seeing (while still obviously buggy) is an old issue, going all the way back to release. The fact that enemies are popping right up is actually a vast improvement on the original issue, which could delay the appearance of certain enemies for 30+ minutes. My signature problem area for this "missing enemy" thing (the ghouls around the wayside shrine in SW White Orchard) didn't occur during my last playthrough. (First time ever!) This particular issue is well-known, but quick videos like yours can still help the devs iron it out even further.

@SigilFey : Is a list planned that shows all the bugs that are known? Because for normal players it's hard to tell if a bug got addressed, if a bug is not fixable or if it's already fixed... I have a list of around 20 smaller and also quite few bigger bugs on my list, I planned to do a video showing them all, even though a dev. won't probably notice me / Now you say, we should avoid tickets/reports with several bugs in it? So should I report all these bugs individually? Not sure if I can find so much time.

You'll need to check the individual changelogs for each patch version to see what's been addressed so far. The moderators will occasionally get a bit of feedback about particular issues, but we don't see daily workloads or anything like that.

A single report addressing multiple issues at once makes it difficult to organize the ticket, and even responding to the individual issues may require several people to read and contribute. Response time will be slower if you handle it this way. Best bet is to send in individual tickets for individual issues. Do try to group multiple examples of the same issue together with corresponding savegames.

If you were looking for the "Easy Button"...I admit it...I lost it on the train. It fell out of my pack somewhere around Albany, NY back in 1994.

Interesting, I did almost 100% of The WItcher 3 when it first came out and never had Poping up enemies, that's why I adressed it as "past 1.21".

I mean, I'm replaying TW3 right now with the newest patch and I'm talking about having found many bugs here! Not overall, because I obviously know that most things got patched or improved. So why would I need to check changelogs? If the newest version of a game has bugs, and some of them are really not that hard to fix (for example bad camera placement for Yenefer at the end of "The Last Wish" that makes the spectators/player watch from "inside" Geralt), than I think it's worthy mentioning them. That was one of a few examples where I thought a video would be a good possibility to show them all, because devs probably don't even have to look into my log, because I saw several streamers ALL having the exact same glitch :D

I try to help to help the developers by naming and describing bugs, but I can't invest so much time, for no money(probably even no results), by re-searching all my saves and doing 50 tickets for every small thing I noticed.

Though I see you are "only" a moderator on this forum, I believe you have some technical knowledge over the game. Do you know if it's possible that we get 60fps versions of the Pre-renderd Scenes in a patch, in the GOTY edition, for pc users at least? It's not a big deal, but I never understood why there are around 3 scenes in Kaer Morhen, 1 Scene in White Orhard,when you leave the area and 1 Scene in Novigrad, when you move to Skellige that don't even seem to have high level graphics.

Thanks for taking your time, though. I appreciate it :)

You have attention to detail. I would say, take it slow. The devs will certainly not be getting to any issues like camera angles for cutscenes anytime soon -- but that doesn't mean that they won't decide to make a polish pass at some point in the future. Especially not if someone happened to organize a nice list of various little issues in different cutscenes...

In short, all of the "Issues in Cutscenes" could easily be placed together in a single ticket with a quick bullet identifying the specific issue under the title of each cutscene. Example:

Last Wish -- final cutscene
- camera positioned inside Geralt's character model

The "low-level graphics" thing is probably the game struggling to load texture assets, as it always has. I get this sometimes, too, on a GTX 980 ti with 6GB VRAM. It's just the engine. If you're talking about the background, it could be the DoF going haywire, and might be worth mentioning.

I am certainly "only" a moderator. ^_^ Most of the knowledge I have of TW3 comes primarily from my own fiddling and troubleshooting (as well as general knowledge that applies from years of gaming and modding certain, other, massive, open-world RPGs. ;))

I can confirm this too and anywhere in the world. You fight beasts and men on various locations, kill some, meditate, oh bugger someone or something just popped up again.

I can confirm this too and anywhere in the world. You fight beasts and men on various locations, kill some, meditate, oh bugger someone or something just popped up again.

The alternative (the way this bug used to work) is:

Find an area that needs to be cleared. Fight off the baddies. Nothing...happens. Run around in circles looking for the one you missed. Nothing there. Scowl and ride off.

Spend the night in the tavern, go tick off some nobles, discover a hidden cache of loot.

Passing through the "cleared area" 45 real-time minutes later, some lone baddie comes charging at you with a death wish. Kill it. Cutscene triggers, everyone moves in, you're a bloody local hero. Scowl and ride off.

More annoying than popping up enemies are "missing" Blacksmiths, I don't know why that happens but there are 2-3 blacksmiths on Velen/Novigrad that are mostly missing, you have to get to their location (while there is no symbol on the world map for them...), mediatate and there are back, most of the times you have to mediate an other hour, so you can talk to them. Happens also with one small Innkeeper in Velen (with the lvl. 33 Sidequest "Missing brother").

Another strange thing is the Balance of Ereding vs "the others". He is the final boss, but seems so bad balanced that most people beat him on their first try on the highest difficulty.. Though that is obviously not really a bug, but the bug is that you can stun (mostly Wild Hunt Bosses) with normal fast attacks:

https://youtu.be/KfF2K6BRJ-M

Happend to me today..... I also saw a video back then where Ilmeriths second face will never trigger, if you time "whirl" well... Kinda sad that this happend to me, today too, without even using whirl :D

Top Bottom