Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Uhm...ok, for some very odd reasons I do not understand...it works now, it is currenty installing the patch...--Anyway, thanks for your help, I hope the rest will work fine too.

Two countries seperated by a common language.Localization and Uncensored are clues.English English and English American are not the same.

What is it you want me to do?Ok, so I got the catastrophic error, regarding NotCensored during upgrading to EE.So here is what I have tried to resolve from advices given on the forums:1. Uninstall all anti-virus, disable windows firewall2. Uninstall Microsoft .Net 3.03. Uninstalled Witcher and deleted folder. Reinstalled to clean state.But I still get the catastrophic error when it gets to the localized.key during upgrading.So now i am exposed to viruses, my development enviornment is shutdown because i don't have .Net 3.0, and I am going to lose my job. Plus i couldn't find the right car wax today which I was hoping to wax my damn car... and I will blame everything on this patch!Any ideas? :D-Pizzaman

P1zzaman said:
So now i am exposed to viruses, my development enviornment is shutdown because i don't have .Net 3.0, and I am going to lose my job. Plus i couldn't find the right car wax today which I was hoping to wax my damn car... and I will blame everything on this patch!Any ideas? :D-Pizzaman
Don't bother one bit with this patch till an actual working one is released.

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
The 900MB upgrade executable does not display an icon or version information on my machine.
it will, eventually Windows will read it
That idea seems to have a few holes in it- it should not take a computer over two DAYS (wherein it's constantly on) for it to read the icon or version information.I might not have the most top of the line computer ever, but I'm not running an 8086 here.
LicaonKter said:
@Eccer: see your Private Messages
LicaonKter said:
If there's any way besides uninstalling the fire-wall/anti-virus to stop it from running in the back ground that'd be a plus.Because, well, uninstalling a firewall for a video game patch is something I'm not likely to do (to put it mildly, and in nice words).
then talk to who made the firewall, since even stopped it filters communications or something
Actually, that argument also falls a bit flat on two issues:Firstly, the only reason a .9 GB file should have to validate onto the internet is to validate your registration. That is an understandable use. However, it's bass-ackwards if I have to spend several hours downloading .1 shy of a gig of data that it still has to have repeated connection to the internet.Second, I've actually heard that this is becoming more and more of an issue across a variety of industries with a variety of firewalls (both personal and business), and, thus, this should be factored in in the creation of the app-- see first point for something that would make sense.

I got this too.But... Found out that it probably was Comodo (my firewall) that caused it. Uninstalled it and now I don't get the Catastrophic failure when trying to patch it up.So.If you're using Comodo and getting the Catastrophic failure, uninstall it while patching The Witcher Enhanced Edition.

I've decided to repost this after it seems to have worked for several people. It is a fix which doesn't involve safe mode, uninstalling firewall, antivirus etc, although those methods may also work.I suggest that this thread remain as is, ie not a discussion thread, which should remain at http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16868.0
My system is running Windows XP SP2.I was trying to install the Enhanced Edition udpate, with the English language pack, on a clean install of The Witcher from DVD and was persistingly getting the feature transfer error early on while the update was dealing with localized.key.I tried downloading from various sources, and tried disabling both my AVG antivirus, and my Comodo Firewall - no luck.Eventually I did the following:1. Extracted TWEE_Upgrade.exe using Universal Extractor, get it from: http://legroom.net/software/uniextract2. Placed all three of TWEE_English_language_pack.exe, TWEE_adventure_Side_Effects.exe, TWEE_adventure_The_Price_of_Neutrality.exe into the same directory where "setup.exe" was extracted, 3. Ran setup.exe.Authentication, installation and modification all went ahead with no problems, modification did take some time though.

Shurayuki said:
I got this too.But... Found out that it probably was Comodo (my firewall) that caused it. Uninstalled it and now I don't get the Catastrophic failure when trying to patch it up.So.If you're using Comodo and getting the Catastrophic failure, uninstall it while patching The Witcher Enhanced Edition.
Given that I can connect to the authentication server (when it's not fubarred) without a problem, and have downloaded .9 gigs of data to my computer to get the patch, the necessity for the patch to keep talking to the internet is, at best, not the most rational of ideas, and at worst... well, I won't say the worst.

ukjohn said:
I have downloaded all the files- the patch,the language patch and the two extra adventures. I have had no problems downloading or installing them, without any errors at all - and yet when I try to start the game it crashes with the Microsoft 'This application has caused an error, do you want to report it to Microsoft' message! I have uninstalled the game completely and reinstalled, meaning two 2 hour waits for the patch to update and had the same problem! I nevr had a problem with the original game - what the hell is going on! This has changed from a 'Wow' factor to a 'Ugh' factor with regard this game!
Exact same problem that I have. Epic fail.

mbj12 said:
Hi,I had this error when starting the game after patching to 1.14. It refused to start and I had this on my screen:AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: mss32.dllModVer: 7.0.20.0 Offset: 0001438fI did as suggested by other people. Entered the controlpanel and lowered my audio accelration to None.Guess what it worked ;DJust wanna share that peace of info.Regards, mbj12.
By damn this worked! Disabled sound hardware acceleration and the EE booted/stared OK!I'm running a Creative X-Fi Gamer soundcard. Also have onboard sound, but this is disabled. What sound hardware are others using?

AND(After I did that, I finally got it to install, but it wouldn't run)If you get an access violation when starting it up, turn down the hardware acceleration for your sound card.All is good now. After two days, I am finally up and running.Go me.

Dude, you the man!!!!!! Your solution worked perfectly after trying everything else on the forums. Thanks for all the help!!!!!

Same error when i just do it works in provvisory mode..the patch starts but with this error after check my original version...NOTCENSURED error catastrofyc.P.s.Italian languages...

Top Bottom