[EPILOGUE] Triss Merigold

+
At the end of the day I don't want either one of them. I resent that the game forces you to chose one. I would choose the half elf woman instead. I don't want Triss after her lying about the woman in the mirror. And I don't want Shani after her being so curt and rude at the hospital "I need to talk to you""Can't it wait?" whatever..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well I teleported to Kalkstein's house and walked out the door to see Shani stalking me.. someone my witcher Geralt barely knows. Has not spent any time with and has not slept with.. Vitriolic Harpy in the middle of the street asking him all sorts of personal questions about why he was with "that witch" and what was he doing with "that hag" and "I don't want her to get her dirty paws on that boy. and the cattiest thing of all.. "Everyone knows she can't have kids of her own" and then... omg .. My Geralt doesn't know this person.. Shani ... I would say .. passing aquantance at best.. "give me a kiss"WHAT??!!! I told Dandilion to take Alvin to Triss =shrug= Hopefully the men in the white coats will come for little insane Shani soon..

Hooboy.... you pissed her off now! You will be seeing her again... :dead: Your Geralt better go find some chain-mail underwear if'n ya want to keep what's yours... :whistle:

lolI played through once and picked Triss and was somewhat disappointed at the end, but then I got to thinking. To me, neither Triss nor Shani are right for Geralt. Triss is too wrapped up in her political intrigues and would never be willing to travel with Geralt all over creation. Same goes for Shani, she's too wrapped up in her work as a doctor. If you go with Triss, she starts treating you like the dog that the gossip accused you of being which is annoying, and Shani has a jealous fit which is annoying and says things that are just uncalled for. It makes sense to send a kid with uncontrolled magic to a sorceress so he can learn how to deal with it in a safe? environment, but Triss didn't appear to do a damn thing except make an amulet that didn't work. I guess she's more interested in showing off her butt to the court. I'm playing through again and this time I'll choose Shani just to see the difference, but really I'm leaning towards what another person said much earlier... I think Toruviel is a better choice. lol

Triss is right for me!! She is.... :'( Triss... why can't we go to our little farm of ours... raise cows... :whatthe: enjoy our love... Oh, my Triss, dear Triss.........!!! :-[

;D Didnt like Triss in the game at the beginning and I prefered Shani. But after reading books I changed my opinion about her ;D but still "Triss in game" seems a bit annoying to me, a bit bossy too ;D she is not like this in the books ;D

I don't like the ingame Triss very much and I don't know the novel Triss yet but.... Shani is rude :-[ After the party in Act II Geralt apologises for being drunk, gives her roses and she sleeps with him. It's night, outside it's raining and it's cold. Then Geralt ask her again to sleep (relax, sleep icon ;D ) but she refuses to talk to him, turns away and goes into her warm bed. So Geralt is forced to leave the house, run through the pouring rain to Kalkstein's house to ask him to sleep (relax, sleep icon of course) to recover.In Act III Geralt decides for Triss :p

I've not read the book and hence my take on the characters are solely based on their actions in the game.I reckon Triss is the better choice. Shani is homely and cute- all that is fine, but those who say Triss's work for the Lodge of Sorceresses won't allow her to be a good wife or mother must be those who feel women shouldn't go too high in the corporate chain if they want to have their personal life intact.She's not being bossy really, nor is she using Geralt as a tool. Though I can't explain why she doesn't tell Geralt the truth about that conversation in the beginning of Chapter III (perhaps she had reasons to be secretive- she's part of a powerful community of sorceresses who may as well as murder her if she let Geralt know the truth of her "unconventional methods").Furthermore, it's not clear as to what she means when she says- "The King gave me his protection".The reason why her amulet doesn't work is not clearly stated so one can't blame it's failure on her.She does seem pretentious though- just like Lambert mentioned in the prologue, but there's no way to verify- all leads seem to meet a dead end in the game.Almost everything in the game is unclear- every decision must taken looking at the lesser evil- there's no clear cut good or bad, truth or lies.Above all this- she saved your life at the end of chapter 2. She also nursed you to life in the prologue. And she saves you at the end of Chapter 3 by teleporting you.Just look at Triss with an uncomplicated mind- just how Geralt the simple witcher would have perceived and you find that she is wonderful character. The reason why you find her bossy or scheming is that she is sophisticated and worldly- part of a powerful organisation like the Lodge while Geralt is just a simple Witcher whose job is to kill monsters and hence has to do the dirty work.As for Triss' or Shani's help in the final battle- I don't think you need anyone's help in any battle- perhaps Berengar's help is useful in the end (he distracts Azar for a few moments before he dies), although Geralt should be able to defeat Azar without that.The first time I played the game (intermediate level), once the 5th chapter started I wanted to find out how the game ends. So I didn't finish most of the quests in this chapter- going only for the most essential ones. My level was 33 I think. I had Aerondight and Dwarven Rune Sihill. I had the armor Vesemir gave me at the beginning. I didn't use a lot of potions- no more than 3 swallows for the entire chapter as well as the Epilogue. I never had to reload- winning all boss fights in the first attempt itself. And I forgot to mention that I didnt take too many pitstops (meditation) either- maximum 3 I think.(Not trying to boast here- just saying how simple is the game)So it's not very tough that you need someone's help to win. The Grand Master should be terribly easy, especially after the Koschey, Azar and the Zeugl. So choose whomsoever you want, without thinking about the boss fights.And if you do feel the game is unfair on Geralt- Triss holds the upper hand for most part, then is it not Geralt who saves her and his friends by removing the Striga curse on the Princess? Does she not say in Chapter 5 that she is no more than a political prisoner and that her life depends on his actions?That's poetic justice.About Shani- we must understand that she is a very simple girl who is in love with Geralt. So there's nothing wrong with her being jealous. As for her being rude- everyone will be rude if you were to disturb them at work, especially if that work involved taking care of people affected with a deadly disease.She is a fine character and would have made a good wife for Geralt if he had not been a Witcher.So my choice is Triss. Please give your opinions. If I offended anyone, I'm sorry- that's not what I meant to do.

I loved the game as it is and i liked the Triss character, and it's very accurate based on the first two english books, however after reading them i would have much rather have seen Yennefer.I hope however that CD PR foresaw the potential quality her character could have, and decided to keep her for the next game (or the one after). Yennefer's relationship to Geralt is so much more interesting than Triss, but i guess they do form some sort of love triangle.

heckxyes said:
I kind of took it personally when Triss stood by the king rather than spending her life with Geralt. I'm annoyed because throughout the game she goes out of her way to make you do things her way and then she ditches you. She better make up for it in the sequel!!
Seriously, that was the whole point of the matter! Triss Merigold and the other sorceresses are manipulating ****** that try to indirectlly control the thrones of Termeria, Redania and the other nations. She's powerful, she likes gold and glamour and fine dresses. How come you believe she would like to spend her life with a witcher, probably even on the road?!? :whatthe:Geralt is a toy to her, a means to an end. I thought the game made that painfully obvious with the conversation in the cutscene at the beginning of the act where Geralt awakes in he bed in the Trade Quarter where she's using the mirror to talk to some other witch.None of the women in the game will truly spend their lifes with you. However, some have greater potential for a relationship than others. Shani won't give up her profession, but she does not use you as a toy or manipulate you into doing her bidding. She accepts Geralt as a witcher, realizing he'll often be away from home.

I don't really know much about Yen but, as far as I think everyone knows is that Geralt met her to capture the genie and he fell in love with her.as far as that much, I don't really know all that much.

The gamestory is set after the Nilfgaard wars, several years (I guess 5) after the end of the last novel. Both, Geralt and Yennefer disappeared and nobody knows whether they are dead or alive and where they are. If there will be a 2nd The Witcher, maybe we will see Yen again.

CrossShire said:
I don't really know much about Yen but, as far as I think everyone knows is that Geralt met her to capture the genie and he fell in love with her.
Then they spent a long time living together after the genie incident, and she was also a guest many times at Kaer Morhen.I'm not sure exactly what happened to make them seperate, as only Blood of Elves has been translated from the saga so far obviously. I believe one of the short stories in Sword of Destiny deals with their meeting again, years later.In the last chapter of BoE, when she is instructing Ciri, Yennefer explains that Ciri will have to be completely sincere and honest in everything they talk about if she wants to continue lessons, this is one of my favorite moments between them :D(taken from Blood of Elves)'And that . . . sincerity . . . Does that work both ways? Will I be able to . . . ask you questions?'Yennefer looked at her and her lips twisted strangely.'Of course,' she answered after a while. 'That goes without saying. that will be the basis of the learning and protection I aim to give you. Sincerity works both ways. You are to ask me questions. At any time. And I will answer. Sincerely.''Any question?''Any question.''As of now?''Yes. As of now.''What is there between you and Geralt, Lady Yennefer?'Ciri almost fainted, horrified at her own impertinence, chilled by the silence which followed the question.The enchantress slowly approached her, placed her hands on her shoulders, looked her in the eyes from up close - and deeply.'Longing,' she answered gravely. 'Regret. Hope. And fear. Yes, I don't think i have ommited anything. Well, now we can get on with the tests, you little green-eyed viper. We will see if you're cut out for this. Although after your question I would be very surprised if it turned out you aren't. Let's go, my ugly one.'Ciri bridled.'Why do you call me that?'Yennefer smiles with the corners of her lips.'I promised to be sincere.'

Top Bottom