[EPILOGUE] Which boss is toughest?

+
None of them are really that hard to kill. I guess the koschay is the hardest but only relative to the difficulty of the others. (or the beast if you don't 1 shot him)

With the beast at least you have a terrain feature that prevents him form getting at you, if you wedge yourself between the burning hut and the tree in the corner,and the best is rather vulnerable to specter oil. The Koschey doesn't seem to be vulnerable to much other than Aard and a right good thrashing. And Kiss doesn't seem to do much for the super bleeding attack.

The Beast, because I played on hard difficulty and it was the first (and only) time I played and it was the first boss and I didn't know how to do things properly that time. I just used swallow and that's it. Actually, I killed it from the first try by aarding and finishing it but then I saw the Abigail's laying on the ground and I thought she was dead and I reloaded :) Then I spent several tries to make sure she won't fall but in vain. If I started to concentrate on the dogs that attacked her I died myself pretty fast :D Then I decided to give up on her and it took me several times to survive just by myself only to realize that the witch is immortal and gets up at the end. :eek: When I met Koshchey, which looks quite different from how it should be for the "monster" taken from the Slavic folklore, btw. ;) I was quite careless because my all fights were already very easy and I didn't have "swallows" with me and also I didn't have any alcohol to make one in the process. The only thing I had in the inventory useful was the blizzard bottle. After I realized after 2 tries that I cannot kill the thing without drinking something, I used blizzard and just butchered poor creature on the first final combo (strong style) without being even hit once. ??? Ah, yes, my silver sword was "runed" already with something (I don't remember what was there but it was not Perun's rune). So I cannot say that Koshchey was any serious challenge...

It took me two times to kill the beast, and I finished hardly the fight. Because it happens early in the game, when you are not perfectly trained with style/potions/signs, it probably makes it the toughest fight of the game.The Kikimore queen was also terribly dangerous. In fact, it was the most lethal monster of the game. But the fact that you didn't had to kill it actually in combat drives me not to consider it in the list (though I finished without potions, without much HP, after a long group style fight to get out of the minions!). For the rest, it was not that difficult. The last fights were probably the easiest ones. The Koshkey was a piece of cake. Strong style, insectoid oil on my sword and igni were enought to got it without loosing too much HP.The Striga was a long fight. It took me time and many potions to build my tactic to last until dawn, but it was manageable from the first try.The ghosts, Ekinopyres and scolopanders were the hardest non unique monsters I faced.

And Kiss doesn't seem to do much for the super bleeding attack.
yeah, found that out the hard way. I saw no benefit to using kiss at all in that fight; at least quaffing one for the resistance to bleeding - was too busy to see if it had any effect once a serious wound was created during the fight.I gather that beastie doesn't so much cause cuts that bleed, but rather rips your arms off or guts you kinda thing, and that's the best way they could mock-up that kind of damage.I fought it 4 times on hard, and never did better than retain about 1/3 of my health at the end... going toe-to-toe with it, that is. I went all combat skills in my last hard run-through, instead of just blasting it with igni and traps like I did previously.it also appears to be able to penetrate a 100% damage shield, as I was surprised to see my health going down rapidly while i was searching for the right potions in my pack.

i played on medium settings..Koschey was the HARDEST for me.Beast was a piece of cake. Wild hunt was rather easy.

i was actually rather disappointed with the difficulty of the bosses. aside from the beast being hard because i didn't know what to expect, i had virtually no troubles with bosses... especially the end bosses. i just loaded myself up on potions like maribor and full moon along with tawny owl, wolverine, wolf, and swallow (meditating for an hour after all the long duration potions were on to get rid of toxicity). with maxed out strength and strong style in both silver and steel, none of the end bosses were hard, not even the koschey. i just took it down so quick that it didn't have much time to do anything to me. with the hp potion i had 1300 hp so it wasn't bad at all.

I would say Koschey, by far. The Beast whas challenging first time around, after a few trys (and restart of the game :p) he whas easy.Azar Javed is very easy if you dont care about Berengar in the fight, though, keeping Berengar alive, then the fight gets pretty hard :p (possibly harder then Koschey)I found that in most (boss) fights the aard symbol whas a great tool.If we skip the boss fight and look for the hardes fight in game, I think the fight (against the non humans) in Vivaldis bank is damneble hard :DKing of the Wild Hunt and Jaques are indeed quite easy.

I'm currently in my first replay now in chapter 3 on hard mode, the Beast by far was the strongest fight, I died in about 5 seconds with his incineration or pain the first time I fought him, on the second time though I got lucky and the Beast got stunned by my first Aard at the start of the fight so it was a 0ne-hit kill ]:->

I was playing on Hard and Grand Master was the only remotely hard boss/enemy in the whole game (level 5 Igni spam didn't work on that fight), mainly because the Omen of Fires swarm you and then do stuff to you that makes you unable to move or attack whilst your health is leeched away. And there is no space to retreat to recoup life, something there is with almost all the other boss fights. I am shocked that the Beast is winning this Poll. One shot of Aard and the Beast is dead in under 5 seconds. The Beast was the easiest Boss I ever fought in any game, ever. Koschey isn't remotely hard either, you can just run around and shoot him with Igni from a distance and never get hit, like everything else. Only thing that doesn't work on once you get Igni is the Grand Master, and Kikimoore since that is an environment gimmick boss rather than a fight boss, easy not to be hit by her either though.I believe these Poll results are skewed and do not accurately reflect the reality of the Witcher's bosses' toughness.

The grandmaster and King of the wild hunt battles just made me laugh. Had more than 2k hp (Fullmoon is your friend) and killed them in no time without hardly losing any health ^^ Was kinda too easy =/

SirToejam said:
Since the Koschey does not have any special attacks that stun or w/e
you got lucky.even on medium, he can hit you with an attack that causes MASSIVE blood loss (20 pts per second). knocked my health down to 25% on the very first hit when I started combat with it!didn't get me, but it was a very close thing; ended up stunlocking it with a trap, and blasting it to death with igni.now I'm playing on hard, and chose the path of the sword instead of magic, and am really dreading this fight.fortunately, i don't think it turns that fast, so I'm hoping i can flip over it, hit it from behind until he turns, and repeat.
I took the beast. Because my beast just happened to get lucky, and didn't get stunned by repeated Aard casts, it was pretty hard. The koshchey, on the other hand, went down in one silver sword combo string without even touching me. That was on medium. However, due to a crash, I had to replay. He got in a good, solid hit, massive blood loss indeed. I went into a series of combos with strong silver, and again slaughtered it. Then, as I was still dying due to blood loss, drank a rubedo kiss. Bleeding stopped, rather fast recovery. So, when people think certain enemies are easier or harder, well, maybe random events play an important role there.Azar Javed was harder. Willow is definitely recommended here... I also had to restart this fight, because the first time I killed him, I pushed him off the platform where you fight and couldn't loot his body...

I was killed about a dozen times by the Kikomore Queen. She kills with 1 hit.Sometimes I got stuck, or didn't cast Aard at the right spot on the pillars...so she catches me and kills me...by far the toughest opponent in the game.The last bosses (Koshkey, Zeugl, GM, Wild Hunt) were too easy.Koshkey: First cast Quen to protect yourself. Second Yrden for pain, and throw it backwards, and then Igni, Igni, Igni, Igni...dead Koshkey. It didn't even touch me.Zeugl: Igni, Igni, Igni, Igni, tentacles gone, more Igni, dead Zeugl.GM: Kill the Fire beasts first (Fast style) Then Quen - Yrden - Igni over and over.Wild Hunt: Igni, Igni, Igni, Igni...Full powered up Igni is absolutely amazing powerfull !!!

For me, it's the beast, partly because I'm only running 1 gig of mem and it's tricky to snap off a quicksave after leaving the cave, skipping the cutscene and then loading the fight before getting attacked.It also took a few goes before the creature became stunned, so I could finish it quickly. This battle's crazy - it's either horribly tough or a laughable one-hit kill, depending on how your luck's going.

Koschey actually managed to put a dent into my red bar, mostly because his knockdown went right through the Quen shield.Mutated Rayla managed to blind me twice (Gerrrrallllttttt....), but went down quickly after a couple Ignis.

I;m surprised that beast has so many votes. Well I think hardest enemy was kikimore queen and koshkay.I didin't kill kikimore queen "by sword", but it was even difficalt to kill her using trick.I learned Igni sign in Act IV so act II and III were very difficult for me. I hated echinops.... killing them was a horror for me;)

Top Bottom