ETA for 1.05 patch?

+
I think if a Hotfix addressing the xp bug was simple and straightforward they would have released one days ago. Perhaps the XP glitch was a symptom of a larger problem they hadn't anticipated and that addressing that problem proved a larger task than originally thought.

The mere fact that half the community can't progress due to the XP bug - pissing off and losing the confidence of ones customer base isn't a wise move - is a clear indication that the problem calls for, or has called for, surgery instead of some band-aid.

@Solon: I don't know about you, but if I can't play a game I've been anticipating for months on end because of some game-.breaking bug I'm starting to lose interest if the devs don't deliver... I thankfully managed to circumvent it after a bit as it turned out that the game crashes were related to an unresolved quest. I 'm talking about the infamous crashes upon trying to travel to Skellige btw. Also this issue in particular has been known for a good while and yet they still have been unable to come up with a solution or where is the promised 1.05 patch for today? Is there really so much to fix in a supposedly finished product? Not to mention the poor XONE users which I particularly feel sorry for as they will probably have to wait much longer for the 1.05 fix (as everything needs to be approved by microsoft first) but even so the problem has been known for more than a week now.

Now i'm not among the childish crowd who will start threatening to get their money back (as I have no intention of giving the game back as I simply like it too much) but I definitely can sympathize with the people who vent their frustration on the forums. Like I hinted at above already: I cannot forget what I read back then regarding the reason for pushing the game back by half a year. It was something along the lines of "we want to deliver a polished game".

Now let me perfectly clear on this: I've seldom seen so many bugs in a supposedly polished (therefore considered to be finished) product. One only needs to think of the necessity for a day one patch to come to the inevitable conclusion that work on the game obviously was not finished by the time they pushed it to gold master status.So this is just another case of the publisher exerting pressure on the devs and the users have to suffer for it (and the devs themselves as well ofc as they probably wouldn't have wanted to release the game in the state it was in either. At least I would have a hard time believing it if a red was to tell me now they weren't aware of these issues and bugs. Or was QA on holidays when the game went through alpha and closed beta stages? I mean at least some of these bugs must have popped up then and yet they appeared in the "polished" final release. I wonder why).

I haven't touched the game for 5 days now (mainly due to the no XP glitch even though they said it wouldn't break the game if I missed out on all the XP. I would like to get the level 35 achievement without grinding grey mobs for hours on end) and I notice a waning interest to even pick it back up once they release the patch. This issue has been known for a good few days as well and yet.. no patch / hotfix today either. Originally they even said there might be a hotfix at least for this on Monday. Instead all we got today (Wednesday) was another useless armor and crossbow I probably will never even use. And then they actually have the nerve to call these free DLCs (I pre-ordered the paid expansion pass so I feel myself to be on the moral high ground here :p). Anyway, I digress. Just wanted to give you a different perspective.

You cannot imagine my frustration when I couldn't progress due to the Destination: Skellige crashes and then had to read in the V1.04 patch notes that they had added new gwent cards and improved on NVIDIA hairworks (instead of fixing known bugs)

Last edited:
I can understand things being broken.
I can't understand how a bug like the exp bug has remained untouched for over a week, some saying 2, (and from the look of things won't be fixed until next week), when a fix for it was supposedly done a few days back. Worst still is bundling it with a patch that has no eta at all and is looking increasingly likely to not see the light of day this week at all, never mind for those poor souls on consoles who can expect an even longer wait.
I also can't understand why people are defending the company, they took your money for the game and the game is currently not working for many. Yes you probably can complete the game's main storyline regardless of the glitch but would it be as fun given the levels dropped (I myself have had the exp rewarding quests not give anything for 4 quests now and have since stopped for the patch - my brother stopped yesterday, both on different systems at differing points), will people be able to accomplish everything without it felling like a chore due to the lost levels? They have done many things VERY right with this game, but this has been done done very wrong.

But hey, we get new armour and crossbows!

Dunno what all the fuss is about. At least they are working on it and tbh I played through the game since it's release for 100 hours and didn't encounter any major bugs whatsoever. Funnily the whining and complaining about minor bugs that could have all been resolved by one massive patch after 3-4 weeks of work are actually responsible for the bug because it was introduced with Patch 1.04. So maybe shutting the fuck up and letting them work would do some good. Do you honestly think that, if you stop whining, bitching, moaning and name calling they will forget about their only game and leave it as it is?

My god you are a bunch of self entitled asswipes. They delayed the game to iron out major problems and got thrashed for it, something neither Bioware nor Bethesda, nor Ubisoft nor 2k nor anyone else ever did. They released a game which is unparalelled on it's scale and looks which was stable for 90% of the people and major bug free, as all the reviewers can atest to. They then dilligently set about releasing patch by patch and are working their asses off right now. You don't think that the financial hit they could take if the game would lose customers or their studio would get a bad rep is enough motivation to have them working through the night?

Oh and in terms of the DLCs: you don't really think that the DLCs weren't ready at release time do you? That's why they can be released in the scheduled manner.

What about the upgraded alchemy recipes overwriting the basic ones even if you didn't craft them? I am still unable to use a lot of potions and oils just because i didn't craft the basic one before i found the upgraded recipe! It really is a problem on the higher difficulty setting.

They are different recipes, they don't override the previous one. You probably have just found the advanced recipes before the basic ones.

I played Witcher 2 on releaseday and had no game-breaking bugs! In Witcher 3 I already have two of them. Mainquest is completely bugged out!
I played witcher 3 on release day and had no game-breaking bugs yet... At final quest/almost completed game. So your point is?

My god you are a bunch of self entitled asswipes.
If I pay for something I expect it to work or to be fixed in a timely manner. If that is unreasonable and self entitled then I believe there is something wrong, or it could be that I'm not a sycophant for the gaming industry defending any and all bad choices or flaws because some things were done correctly.
The fix has been done, or they have lied regarding that point (I would guess it's done), said fix has then been held back for internal issues for a time frame that as of yet is undisclosed.
Had I not paid for the product I would cheerfully wait 'til hell freezes over, however this isn't the case.

I am happy for you that you have not had any issues, good for you. Equally would it hurt to show some empathy for those who have? It has always made me wonder why those not having issues feel the need to attack those who are, surely you should (especially nowadays) be thankful everything has been great and your end?
Do you equally believe that any of the venting some are doing on the forum is having any effect on the speed of the patches progress? Do you really believe that those fixing the issues spend all their time on the forums? Do you believe that if people stop moaning things will improve?
Look at it this way if you must...had the game been horrible people wouldn't be so worked up over this, they would have just left. It's not that the game is bad merely that some problems are causing frustration and lack of / incorrect information is causing, in some cases, anger.

Last edited:
If I pay for something I expect it to work or to be fixed in a timely manner. If that is unreasonable and self entitled then I believe there is something wrong, or it could be that I'm not a sycophant for the gaming industry defending any and all bad choices or flaws because some things were done correctly.
The fix has been done, or they have lied regarding that point (I would guess it's done), said fix has then been held back for internal issues for a time frame that as of yet is undisclosed.
Had I not paid for the product I would cheerfully wait 'til hell freezes over, however this isn't the case.

I am happy for you that you have not had any issues, good for you. Equally would it hurt to show some empathy for those who have? It has always made me wonder why those not having issues feel the need to attack those who are, surely you should (especially nowadays) thankful everything has been great and your end?
Do you equally believe that any of the venting some are doing on the forum is having any effect on the speed of the patches progress? Do you really believe that those fixing the issues spend all their time on the forums? Do you believe that if people stop moaning things will improve?
Look at it this way if you must...had the game been horrible people wouldn't be so worked up over this, they would have just left. It's not that the game is bad merely that some problems are causing frustration and lack of / incorrect information is causing, in some cases, anger.

There has been no incorrect information. The Community manager said: the patch SHOULD be out today, not will. Firstly, we still have Wednesday, in fact it is Wednesday in Poland for another 7 hours. Secondly he commented that they are working on it around the clock and will even work through the long weekend if necessary, which starts today.

I would show some empathy if not every second post would be basically insulting the devs, the community manager, the whole studio or the whole world. I can understand the frustration. Equally fixing something in a timely manner depends on the problem. If your toilet is clogged it might be fixed in an hour or it might take a week or more, depending on the severity of the problem. That is what all those people can not grasp. If the fix was an easy one, which a patch/fix never is as it influences a lot of other areas of the game which need to be tested thoroughly so you can avoid causing more bugs, they would have released it in a day. As it seems not be an easy one it will take time and as the cause might still not discovered it will be hard to put an ETA on the patch. Furthermore even if the source was found it is vital to test out the whole game and look at the whole code. Since TW3 isn't PoE and has lots of, so to speak, moving parts, nuts and bolts and what not, it will be a highly difficult and painstaking task to properly assess the damage and fix it in a manner that you do not open other areas of the game to bugs.

The hotfix was initially on the weekend mentioned to be for the Monday, later that very day it was stated Monday or possibly held back to Tues/Wed (rendering the first statement incorrect as Monday came and went). Yesterday was mentioned it would not happen that day. Even though there are plenty of hours left in the day I do not share your enthusiasm for today.
Also the 'should' statement also stated Wednesday at the latest, which whilst you are not wrong isn't a promise has a heavy implication of such. If that was not their intent they should have missed those last few words because their inclusion changes the tone of the sentence. Even those new to the internet would realise how quickly people grab on to statements such as this, never mind someone whose profession it is to oversee such things.
The issue has been known about for a while I have no doubt that while the game is complex I would believe that when they stated the fix was done it would include testing to ensure it worked and didn't break other issues, would that have been an issue with 1.05 if it had been introduced on monday ahead of the patch? Possibly however I would hazard a guess that people would have been more forgiving about a patch slipping to the following week as I imagine they are expecting at this point.

Now whilst I agree the community manager is rather sadly being blamed (which to some degree is an unfortunate part of being the visible face of the company on the forums) he is unlikely to have much say in anything regarding the fixing of the issues and some of the devs being attacked, how are you yourself doing anything different than those you are railing against? The aggressive posts are not as common as you make out and people suffering the bugs have every right to voice their displeasure / frustration as long as it is kept within the rules of this forum, for those stepping outside those bounds the moderators will do a sterling job I am sure.

Not gonna get into that mate. Read the threads on here, steam and everywhere. Devs, Mods, the whole company has been insulted on a very base level since the Bug first surfaced. The only reason why the mods do not do a sterling job is because they know that they would cause a massive shitstorm as people would view as censoring and unfairly quieting all those "reasonable" und "sensible" voices of frustrated "customers". The fact of the matter is that the bug is not a game breaking one. You are free to play the game, you also have a console to add xp etc. So while it is an annoyance it is in no way preventing anyone from actually using the product they purchased.

Whoever stated the fix was done and when? Source please.

Dunno what all the fuss is about. At least they are working on it and tbh I played through the game since it's release for 100 hours and didn't encounter any major bugs whatsoever. Funnily the whining and complaining about minor bugs that could have all been resolved by one massive patch after 3-4 weeks of work are actually responsible for the bug because it was introduced with Patch 1.04. So maybe shutting the fuck up and letting them work would do some good. Do you honestly think that, if you stop whining, bitching, moaning and name calling they will forget about their only game and leave it as it is?

My god you are a bunch of self entitled asswipes. They delayed the game to iron out major problems and got thrashed for it, something neither Bioware nor Bethesda, nor Ubisoft nor 2k nor anyone else ever did. They released a game which is unparalelled on it's scale and looks which was stable for 90% of the people and major bug free, as all the reviewers can atest to. They then dilligently set about releasing patch by patch and are working their asses off right now. You don't think that the financial hit they could take if the game would lose customers or their studio would get a bad rep is enough motivation to have them working through the night?

Oh and in terms of the DLCs: you don't really think that the DLCs weren't ready at release time do you? That's why they can be released in the scheduled manner.

It's puzzling that you couldn't put together any valuable commentary without telling people to "shut the fuck up" or deeming them "self entitled asswipes". You tell em, guy! Flame em right back!

First, you're one of the lucky majority that has been able to put 100+ hours into the game with no major issues. Congratulations. I highly doubt, however, you'd have the same "no fuss" attitude if you were one of us whose game has been broken for days or even weeks. It's not just "minor bugs" that we're dealing with; there are game breaking bugs in main story line that prevent you from progressing. It IS a major issue and it's completely understandable for people to upset and vocal about it. I understand that CDPR is working hard on a fix, but that doesn't mean it isn't frustrating to not be able to play the game at all.

Additionally, the patch was first slated for Monday. Well, Monday came and went with no patch and no real quality new information. So now we're all still sitting here with game breaking bugs not really knowing when to expect them to be resolved I don't think CDPR is being lazy or isn't working hard, but It's these sort of communication failures that exacerbate the issue. Unlike yourself, I don't have 100s of hours to pour into video games at leisure. Knowing whether or not I can expect to be able to play the game when I have free time would be wonderful. And speculating what Bethesda or Ubisoft would have done is irrelevant; this is a CDPR issue that they can learn and improve from. There's always room for improvement.

And to be clear: I'm not defending the people who are attacking the CDPR devs, or the people overreacting to minor issues. But to completely marginalize the ones that are vocal about the major, game breaking bugs by calling them "entitled asswipes" is strikingly ridiculous. At the end of the day this a product that I paid for, but is broken. I know that they're working to resolve the issue, but sitting around silently waiting for a fix shouldn't be expected. I've been quietly waiting for days and days now - and still don't have any idea when it'll be resolved. They're going to release the patch when they have it ready, but outward discussion about this sort of stuff can hopefully help them make improvements to prevent this sort of stuff in the future. You telling me to "shut the fuck up" only makes me want to tell you to do the same.

Still no Patch on GOG, Ive got the Sign Intensity bug which is making the game sad as i have to avoid using signs at the moment as having igni at 55000% intensity means any enemy dies with one hit. Need this patch as supposedly this is being fixed, Well I so hope it will be.

I do wish there was a way to increase the VRAM usage as i got 12gb VRAM and to not use more that 3gb is a waste. Glad my Titan X is funning W3 at ultra settings at 60fps, well there are points where i get a little drop. Maybe if more VRAM could be utilized it would smooth things out.

I will say that i was dissapointed with the latest NVIDIA driver 353.06 as it keeps crashing, get the Kernal driver stopped responding msg. From my research its not only me with this issue, seems to be maxwell issue.

Bodgeup

I7 5960x
Titan X
16gb DDR4
Asus Rampage Extreme V

Not getting a fix or a patch out in a timely manner is one thing but they hurt themselves more by saying things that turn out to not be true. Not getting XP in an RPG is a really big deal and is definitely something you would hotfix and not just roll the fix up into the next planned patch.

The changelog mentioned "performance improvements", but that probably means they're going to just lower draw distance again.

I'm usually one of the last to grab my pitchfork over a game.. but I'm starting to get a little p'd off. Did they just release more DLC and still not release the 1.05 patch? I'm at a point where I really can't play until it gets released. I have no contracts or any secondary quests left.. I have to get past "Kings Gambit" to move any further.. I'm bored of "?" clearing!

Really wish they would say something... it is wednesday. I thought the build in the "beta" channel on steam was 1.05. Since it has now been moved to public it seems that is not the case.

Top Bottom