ETA for patch 1.06?

+
unreal and cryengine are the way to go...

oh god. you know why crysis and far cry fail so bad now? the graphics are great (although intensive)... but there's a negative mouse accel, or a maximum traversal rate for mouse that's hardcoded into the engine. it's in every cryengine game... and that's why people don't play them, especially as FPS. it's horrible... the only one that doesn't have this problem is the original far cry ;o almost forgot, unreal engine has the crappiest keybinding support i've ever seen in an engine. full of bugs too (irony, if they dont fix tw3 keybind bugs).

imo, this engine looks better anyways. maybe not as high res, but lighting+environmental+other effects make up for it easily. and it's the best damn horse simulator out right now.

Last edited:
This game runs great on a variety of hardware and is gigantic. (i5 4690 and r9 290 are enough to play this game at 60fps).

If people are referring to Unreal 4 engine as being optimized, then I'm not sure they have seen the issues surrounding Ark Survival Evolved (and yes, I know it's early access). Just because the engine has the potential to he optimized does not mean that it always will be smooth as butter for every game. The game will push the engine in directions that require troubleshooting.

I'm not a programmer, but I am a math teacher and I understand that there are a ton of variables that need to be looked at for a given equation. Now take this equation and ask a classroom of students to solve it. Guaranteed, your students will come up with problems that you never foresaw. I think it would be similar to programming. Granted I only have the PC version, but gaming since the early 80s I can appreciate that games will have issues.

I'm not sure that Dragon Age Inquisition runs better than this game...

Ark Survival Evolved is on cry engine 3.

i have Dragon Age Inquisition doesn't runs better on Frostbite...

Ark Survival Evolved is definitely unreal Engine 4 and so far not running very well on high end hardware. Dragon Age inquisition, while still a decent game, has its issues as well on high end hardware.

Top Bottom