First Impressions after 10 hours

+
First Impressions after 10 hours

Just got my key on friday Thanks CDPR :) :) Here is my first impressions

TL/DR I think you have taken a great game and made it vastly better. I have completely enjoyed the experience

Where the in game version is predictable. This version is dynamic the added RNG mechanics and single board changing cards make this much more exciting and enjoyable to play than the in game one .

I spent $25 at the start and then did not add any more cards to my collection in any way just to see how things would go.The rewards you see in the picture is everything I have collected in the last 10 or so hours of play. BTW that troll is great ... I was tempted to buy more kegs just to watch him smash them again lol. The card drop /rarity seem to be in acceptable range as well.

I am pleased with the result. I was able to make decent deck for all the factions.

The fact that you have to win to progress and be rewarded is a good thing it will hopefully encourage people to support the game instead of trying to play exclusively for free. I hope this is one of the things you will keep when the game goes live.

The rewards I able to get through winning and GG was generous but not excessive. I would keep a watch on it though as you dont want to make it too easy for people who are not supporting you financially.

FTP should be bare minimum a "test drive" of what the game has to offer.

There are a lot of post talking about "PTW" I would assume that these are created by those who are probably not supporting at all or dont understand how collectable card games work and think they should have everything for a miniscule fraction of what it takes. The simple fact is collectable card games can be one of the most expensive gaming hobbies out there.

Another big topic on the form is Matchmaking Personally i have not had an issues with this as I have won enough games to reach level for in my first few hours of playing again these complaints probably tie into the above people thinking they should be entitled to be on equal footing of those that support you and also carry the the Anti-PTW banner

When looking at your player # I believe you should focus not on the total number of player but the total number of players that are supporting you if you see a drop in "FTP" player accounts it should not cause any alerts or red flags as these players are fickle and simply jump ship to whatever game is giving what they consider the best "free ride" .

If I had to rate my enjoyment of each faction would be 1) M 2) SK 3) SCO 4) NR at least right now of course that is subject to change.

Other thoughts

The fact that you didn't include that annoying emote system form hearthstone is greatly appreciated please dont ever do that this is not a game that needs " communication".

Needs Better music - the soundtracks from the games would be nice if there was a way to actually pick the music would be amazing

Sone sort of campaign where you play against the women of witcher interacting with "you" would be amazing

repeatable cutscenes with the women as well being sexy flirty lol....yea i know that is along shot but hey had to ask lol

Well that s it for now just wanted to stop fora bit and let you know my first impressions will update this again in a while when i have accumulated some more play time.

Attachments

• photo75080.jpg
    photo75080.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
NovaBlast;n6891160 said:
Sone sort of campaign where you play against the women of witcher interacting with "you" would be amazing

repeatable cutscenes with the women as well being sexy flirty lol....yea i know that is along shot but hey had to ask lol

:facepalm:

NovaBlast;n6891160 said:
The fact that you have to win to progress and be rewarded is a good thing it will hopefully encourage people to support the game instead of trying to play exclusively for free. I hope this is one of the things you will keep when the game goes live.

The rewards I able to get through winning and GG was generous but not excessive. I would keep a watch on it though as you dont want to make it too easy for people who are not supporting you financially.

FTP should be bare minimum a "test drive" of what the game has to offer.

There are a lot of post talking about "PTW" I would assume that these are created by those who are probably not supporting at all or dont understand how collectable card games work and think they should have everything for a miniscule fraction of what it takes. The simple fact is collectable card games can be one of the most expensive gaming hobbies out there.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. Not being able to win will not make people pay. It will make them quit.

You're telling others how CCGs work, so I assume you have played a few. Remember how you started? You got a bunch of commons from the guys at the store, they helped you create a working deck, taught you the ropes, you played some games, got hooked, and started buying. This is the same thing. It is imperative for the player to be able to like the game before (s)he decides to invest. Right now, it is not the case.

Also, it's not like F2P players want to "have everything for a miniscule fraction of what it takes". They merely want to be able to enjoy the game. And each successful freemium game proves that keeping F2P players happy makes a lot of them transforming into paying customers. Making games pay-to-win or pay-to-play leads to games dying (Mobile Dungeon Keeper by Electronic Arts, anyone?).

No Title

UPDATE: just to continue my little experiment I spent the weekend also playing without any additional cards in any way other than what i have stated above . Or spending any of my winnings.
I managed to get up to level 10 with no problem and have won over 1100 ore that's close to the value of a 15 pack that i bought I think that is very generous border line excessive to get for free.and close to 600 scraps as shown by the picture attached,

I think I have proven that the "new player experience is perfectly manageable and have proven everything in my original post .

All the posts that say that
  • X faction is "cheap"
  • X cards make it impossible for me to win
  • " matchmaking is broken for new player "
  • "Card X should is op and unfair"
Were not issues for me at all and did not stop me getting enough wins to get to level 10 in around 20 hours

Are a result I believe its the players that are trying to play for free who are having all the above issues due to lack of enough of a card base to make the journey a little easier which is a result ofthier choice and not really a problem for the devs or a reason that things need to be adjusted

Again I speak as a player who has only played around 20 hours.

If i can get to level 10 with no problems after only buying an additional 15 kegs at the start and added 0 cards after that if you are having trouble maybe stop asking for a free and easy ride and support the game.

Anyways I just wanted to give a differnt perspective on the "new player" experience hope you found it informative.

I stand behind everything i said in my original post and hope CDPR keeps the only rewards for wins and hope they keep an eye on how much they are giving away for free.

Attachments

• photo76100.jpg
    photo76100.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 36
I don't get, the hate for F2P players.

Honestly why don't you understand, that they make a community live longer. Make it bigger, and more popular.

Wich therfor result in better benefice, more content, more everything.

Why should someone not be able to play for free and still be competitive ? Why should the game being label F2P, but is just a front cover to make people pay anyway ?

I trust the time will tell us what direction CDRP wish to take.

But really stop hating on F2P players. They are as important as paying player belive me.

--- Updated 09-11-16, 02:33 ---

luvCiriTrissYen;n6921990 said:
NovaBlast Thank You for this I think its great you went though the trouble to do this for the community benefit. The fact that you partially handicapped yourself by not milling all but one faction like some people do and not spending any of your rewards and still made it to level 10 in the time you stated is a great achievement in itself.

Didn't you note that he did spend 25$ ?

Few posts has been deleted. No pointing at fingers, remember to respect other opinions and keep the conversation civilized. Everyone please read those forum rules again. Specially the parts:
  • always treat others with kindness and respect
  • do not insult others and try not to easily take offence
  • ridicule other users, post content that insults individuals or social groups or spoil (in a broad sense) the fun of other users
Every Gwent experience is different because we have players with different skill and game levels and players who just happen to like different things. Someone needs it to be more challenging while someone wants it to be easier. They both have equal rights to tell their opinions.

I love whole witcher universe, readed all books, loved all games, yeah, even board game. I was so hyped when I got to know that GWENT is goming as standalone. Signed up as soon as it was possible, well, tought I didnt get in, but yesterday I got my invite, and oh boy, even with some bugs and bit balance issues ( well, its beta, you kinda know there are some of those) I love it. At first it felt old good gwent, but still different enough to get me confused. Lost lot of matches, still loose, but every lost fight is bit more experience and learning. Most lots fights was my own mistake, and was able to point out why I lost and that is good. Ofc there was some luck involved, mostly if both end up emty hand in round 2. I just love it.

NovaBlast;n6935340 said:
bre3zer I completely disagree. IMO Literal FTP players are about as much value to the community 2 for 1 meat sale is to a vegan. Basically what your saying is I have a coffee shop and I give free coffee to people just to make the shop look busy then I have a successful coffee shop.because its always full.

How fair is it for the people who come in and actually buy coffee when everyone around them got it for free?

Also the fact that Ii spent $25 and and didnt use my rewards or craft any more cards was the point . Support the game things are easier.

If you think, that it's an not good strategy, you are a fool. It does work that way with a new shop, any shop. Making sale is and making people aware that your shop is succesful is indeed, a great strategy as more people, who aren't aware of the apel offers, does come in.

How fair it's ? Well, nobody forced you to get in that coffe shop. Nobody forced you to buy a coffee. That's how it's fair. If people are weak minded people honestly that there problem.

I know a LOT of people who are free to play in this game, and aren't complaining about anything.

So yeah. It more fair than a coffee shop where you would have to pay, or rather than fair. Equal to anybody possibility to pay or not. The option is always there should you want, or wish you wanted more.

Whoa Whoa Whoa. More posts deleted. Do not personally attack others or the thread will get locked and further actions will be taken against accounts. Final warning.

bre3zer;n6922130 said:
I don't get, the hate for F2P players.

Honestly why don't you understand, that they make a community live longer. Make it bigger, and more popular.

Wich therfor result in better benefice, more content, more everything.

Why should someone not be able to play for free and still be competitive ? Why should the game being label F2P, but is just a front cover to make people pay anyway ?

I trust the time will tell us what direction CDRP wish to take.

But really stop hating on F2P players. They are as important as paying player belive me.

--- Updated 09-11-16, 02:33 ---

Didn't you note that he did spend 25$ ?

Basic response since I am not sure what i am allowed to say anymore.....

1. I completely disagree with the very premise of your you post and all the points and concepts it contains.

2. Yes 1 know they spent $25...spending money and not rewards I believe was the whole point of this experiment,

3 NovaBlast again for doing this . IMO you accomplished your goal and proved everything you set out to.

bre3zer;n6936050 said:
If you think, that it's an not good strategy, you are a fool. It does work that way with a new shop, any shop. Making sale is and making people aware that your shop is succesful is indeed, a great strategy as more people, who aren't aware of the apel offers, does come in.

How fair it's ? Well, nobody forced you to get in that coffe shop. Nobody forced you to buy a coffee. That's how it's fair. If people are weak minded people honestly that there problem.

I know a LOT of people who are free to play in this game, and aren't complaining about anything.

So yeah. It more fair than a coffee shop where you would have to pay, or rather than fair. Equal to anybody possibility to pay or not. The option is always there should you want, or wish you wanted more.

I also completely disagree with this post and all points and concepts it contains. Due to above unfortunately I cannot properly vocalize specific grivences

Last edited:
luvCiriTrissYen;n6948760 said:
Basic response since I am not sure what i am allowed to say anymore.....

1. I completely disagree with the very premise of your you post and all the points and concepts it contains.

2. Yes 1 know they spent $25...spending money and not rewards I believe was the whole point of this experiment,

3 NovaBlast again for doing this . IMO you accomplished your goal and proved everything you set out to.

Dissing people who play free on a free to play game doesn't make much sense which I think that user was doing. People don't have to pay to be valuable to the community and the game itself.

You may disagree politely. You must be:

1. Courteous in manner.

2. Constructive in criticism.

3. Non-repetitive in your complaint/argument.

Be calm. Be cool. Have something to say.

If you cannot do this, say nothing. Pretty simple actually.

Imagine you were arguing with your grandmother. Be nice.

luvCiriTrissYen;n6948760 said:

Could you, maybe, elaborate on that ? Saying you disagree doesn't do much.

NovaBlast;n6891160 said:

I have better idea. This campaign should be a date simulator (you can date female or male witcher so nobody would feel omitted). And after you finish campaign you are redirected to the witcher store on page with pillow with character of your choice.

DziejopisWawel;n6949810 said:
I have better idea. This campaign should be a date simulator (you can date female or male witcher so nobody would feel omitted). And after you finish campaign you are redirected to the witcher store on page with pillow with character of your choice.

Now we're talking.

bre3zer;n6949730 said:
Could you, maybe, elaborate on that ? Saying you disagree doesn't do much.

No I really can't its not just the "content" of posts people are producing here that I would like to comment on but also the attitude I perceive behind it and then I would get modded.

Putting aside all the "p2w" threads in which you know my opinion...Most conversations about game play just go around in circles anyways and can be boiled down to "i lost so i'm salty" or " You have to make me like the game before i will pay money" and if you say that is what AI is for you get "that is unacceptable"

I touched on this in my thread

luvCiriTrissYen;n3446802 said:
Regarding OMG X is not fair

Honestly there is a segment of gamers that take a lose in a videogame way too seriously...just look at any moba or fps board. i truly believe a lot of them dont realize its not life and death and wins ,loss and rank points ...really mean nothing once you shut the game down.

Some responses to the above are "because competitive" ..great well you can be competitive without losing your marbles if you lose.

The play gold and pass for example is a completely legitimate play.... yes its annoying but just because something is annoying doesn't mean its "broken"

Part of the charm of the improvements you have made to this game is that every faction has their thing and that the game isn't truly over until the last card is played ... you could be completely dominating a game and then suddenly have it snatched a way by one card that destroys your whole strategy and that is a great thing.

Please don't change that about the game its what its what makes it exciting right the end.

IMO the joy of the game is when you are playing it there is a famous its about the journey not the destination if there is a ranking system and you have the skill you will get there if you deserve it you will win games and lose games along the way but

in the end you will end up where your skill and /or available card pool allows you to. So dont worry about the journey getting there

another saying is as long as you try your best and have fun you are already a winner no matter the outcome..

The latest patch i think was wayyyyyy to harsh in a lot of areas.

Personalty i hope they choose the MTG online format its PROVEN its successful

A digital version of MTG has existed for over a decade now decade now Magic the Gathering Online came out in 2002 . I wont put a link here but if you look up MTG online . They have a very successful online version to . They are not anywhere near as generous ad CDPR Not only do you have to "start over" to build you "online collection" again you have to pay money in order to enter tourneys.

Also the op did somthing cool and did not even get a "thanks good job" or anything close to some kind of acknowledgement from the devs

In conclusion due to me facepalm so much when i look at this board which makes me not even want to read it and being modded excessively for responding to the "attitude" of the content posted.

I am probably not going to participate or read these forums much if at all anymore and i still stand by everything i said in my own thread I posted link to it below if you don't remember it .

I just hope the devs dont take the majority of the negative threads or "reviews" seriously. but again.... this patch shows that they are ...i guess we all just have to wait and see what we end up with,

Last edited:

LOL ... you face palm but you know it would be popular :p lol[/QUOTE]

It would be stupid...also its sexist towards gay and bi men.

DirkAustin;n7044190 said:
It would be stupid...also its sexist towards gay and bi men.

I really hope this is a troll. If not, you probably havent played the witcher games at all... Its all about that medival setting and in those times things were a bit different. Now since its a more "childfriendly" game (less violent, less visual representation of adult stuff) and since its a multiplayer game I guess they have more restrictions towards that anyway but just going after the arguement that its "sexist towards gay and bi men" just sounds like another SJW thing that people just say to get attention.
(Also its a witcher based game so I dont see how its a problem here but not in the original games...)

Top Bottom