Football Thread (actual "football")

+
Last night’s game was pathetic and embarrassing to watch. If Germany keeps playing like that they don’t even deserve to advance. If they don’t win against the U.S. team then I do hope that Ghana beats Portugal like 6-0 or something.

24 years after the third championship, Brazil won his fourth
Italy also 24 years after his 3rd, won his 4th
Germany won his third in 1990, so 24 years is 2014, the year of This world cup
Also the only year Costa Rica advanced to the second phase was in 1990,when germany won the world cup
Also two cups that german won were the lowest goal per game average of the cups of their time
But one won cup was the highest goal per game average of their time
Yeah there's always a strange goal/match ratio when germany wins
And there was 1 cup with a high goal/match and 2 low instead, if germoney wins this... 2-2 (since this cup it's having a dumb ratio)

Illuminati

Even USA it's winning against Portugal

Demut: lol it's just a joke

Edit:A draw :(

Last edited:
Great game last night. The U.S. team played beautifully for most of the match and, as other commentators observed as well, were in control for the most time. A victory would’ve been deserved. In fact, if Germany plays like they did against Ghana and the USA plays as they did against Portugal then it seems obvious that the USA will be the ones to win.

Demut: lol it's just a joke
That’s what I was trying to verify; whether it was a joke that I didn’t get or simply a typo :p

There are many Mexico fans here, and the Mexico-Croatia match is eagerly anticipated. I think Croatia must win to advance, and Mexico needs only a draw.

UPDATE: The Mexico fans got what they wanted. Any reason to party is a good reason. Making the round of 16 with a team that just barely qualified is a really good reason.

Mexico-Netherlands looks like a good match. Two fast attacking teams at the top of their game.

And that draw yesterday makes Ghana-Portugal an interesting game instead of a dead rubber. Ghana could still advance, with some help from Germany.

Last edited:
Englands last game of the group is today. But I wonder if it's even worth it and if there is even a chance for them to advance at this point. :(

Englands last game of the group is today. But I wonder if it's even worth it and if there is even a chance for them to advance at this point. :(

Sorry to tell you this, but there isn´t. England has 0 points, while Italy and Uruguay have 3 points each, and they´ll play against each other today. Costa Rica is already qualified to advance.
England is already out, it doesn´t matter if you win or not today.

He wont be able to drag this team much further unless they start helping him.
Yeah, I know... Hope they wake up soon.

Couldn´t watch the match... Did Suárez actually BITE Chiellini as he claims??

Yes.

To be fair though, the referee couldn't have seen this as fast as it happened.
I didn't see it either until they showed the slow motion replay~

Suárez deserved a red card for this.

The red card the referree gave to Italy was also not justified, it was a yellow card imho.
But then again he spared Italy another red card in another situation.

Also, if the Italian team hadn't "turtled" throughout the entire match, they'd have won for sure.
The last 10 minutes of the match were very refreshing, the Italian team woke up and played world class football again.
Unfortunately that was a bit too late to start getting real.

Oh, and ... Buffon was the man of the match for me.
He played a fanatastic game and was so modest and cool-headed in the interviews afterwards~

Ok, so the Italians didn´t deserve to win because they played looking for the draw. Fair enough.

I do hope that Suárez gets banned for continuing in the tournament, though. And if it doesn´t happen, I hope the Uruguayan manager expels him from the team.
If neither of those two things happen, then I hope Colombia kicks their arses in the next match, preferably breaking a couple of Suárez´s teeth in the process...

If neither of those two things happen, then I hope Colombia kicks their arses in the next match

Shouldn't be a problem.

Uruguay hasn't played impressive football at all - they had tons of coordination problems,
most of the passes didn't reach the person they were meant for and wasted some clear chances.

In all honesty, they'll be sitting ducks for the next opponent if they continue to play like this...

I hope he will recover quickly after getting injured biting Chiellini : ] Just look at him... so innocent.

This has been a surprising Mundial so far. England, Spain and now Italy dropping out early. Strong American teams - Costa Rica, Mexico, Chile, Columbia and so on advancing further. Me likes it very, very much...

Now if only Germans could somehow lose to US and not make it out of the group. Ahh... a man can dream :lol:

Top Bottom