Forced Sharpening in 1.04?

+
For those who want to try something differrent I reccomend to download Nvidia Inspector.
Supersampling+Multisampling+FXAA combined doesn't look bad compared to the blurry in-game TAA. Don't notice any performance hit, 1080ti here with and 1080p monitor.

Edit: Apparently i had a severe case of placebo)) only fxaa works

Last edited:
Nope, no change. Sorry people. No option, either.

Zero performance improvement, as well, of course.
yeah i tested it as well, nothing changed for me as well.. 10gb patch that did nothing, at least for me, well either way i already finished the game and did some quest, i dont really enjoy the game too much to be honest it fells really incomplete, and even though there are a bunch of npc popin in the screen every time u turn around theyre just there walking foward and backward, there are a bunch of ingame physics that are standard for a triple A game wich doesnt exist in this one, theres no good falling physics, no water physics, the cars are insane tanks, and when u look to ur shadow u will see how the animations of the character looks (not to mention that no matter what hair or clothes u use, ur shadow will be of the standard male V), theyre pretty weird, not to say awful, and its not cuz it is a first person shooter, since there are games like Metro, Call Of duty, Escape From Tarkov, a bunch of first person games that have good shadows of ur character.... so yeah i didnt really metion the bugs, to me it was supossed to be a full price, Triple A game wich i dont really think it was, this is my review as someone who played about 80 hours, with no game breaking bug, with good performance, doin pretty much every side quest and stuff in the game, i can just hope these thinks will change in the future but i dont think it will, i just hope the next the witcher game is as good as the witcher 3 was to me.

damn... I was hoping a lot with 1.1 that this would be fixed.

I stopped playing since 1.04 because of the sharpness effect, what hurts is that I was enjoying, flaws and all the game itself.

I think I will just uninstall and wait months to a shitty change be adressed.

sad as hell

I stopped playing since 1.04 because of the sharpness effect, what hurts is that I was enjoying, flaws and all the game itself.
I think I will just uninstall and wait months to a shitty change be adressed.
sad as hell
Same, I guess I'll play it next year or so, when devs and modders will hopefully address major problems. Love the original soundtrack though, so my physical PC edition was worth it, especially with that reduced price in my region. :ok:

Ah well.. Sighhhh
No change to the visuals but I haven't had a crash yet, so that's good I guess.
I think everybody wanted more from this update but we're probably underestimating the amount of game breaking glitches and bugs they have to fix 1st before anything else. Looks like we'll have to just wait until all patches have been released, then pass judgement.
Edit: I'm still playing BTW.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have the same problem on ps4 slim and I can't stand the exaggerated sharpening on the reflections, please if someone from cdprojeckt reads this to bring the problem to the developers and programmers, so you can't play, this effect bothers even more what a crash.

Currently the game already looks good on ps4 standard and slim. It has better resolution and performance than on December 10 and does not need exaggerated sharpening in the reflections, this effect makes the graphics look worse.

Sin título.png
IMG_20210123_011546_compressed.jpg

The sharpening effect is applied by the "cp2077_master_env_v008_m8.env" file, located in basegame_3_nightcity.archive, in base\weather\24h_basic.

Opening it in a hex editor, you can find a lot of settings, like post-processing, some global illumination settings, etc. One of these settings was "sharpeningStrength" which was set to 0.055. It doesn't seem like a very high number, but it is. I changed the value to 0, and here we are. It must have been added in the 1.04 patch, as no other .env uses it in this way.

The mod creator's response

Hey guys! I tried the mod and it's true that the sharpening is gone, but I think that there is something strange with the graphics (could be me :LOL:), but now I tried to go back to 1.03 to check it, and only 1.04 it's the first version available (GOG), does the same happen to everyone or is there another method to go back to 1.03??

I like the sharpening shown in the screenshots. Not sure I noticed it much. I play at 4K with everything cranked up to high through ultra settings. So it may be different from what I normally see.

Top Bottom