Forum 3.0 - your suggestions

+
Forum 3.0 - your suggestions

Hi there.First of all thank you for you comments on the new page and forum in this topic. But I would like you to put here your as precise as possible suggestions so we can have them in one place. Please don't comment on them, do not ask us questions. Just give us your suggestions regarding what you would like to change. All the comments should go here -> http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28598.0Oh, and btw, please let us know what you think in the poll

Forum is little bit unreadable and main page of the forum (topic list) is unreadable more than just little bit.

OK, i voted for "hate it" but i suppose that's a bit harsh, the visual are pretty nice, but OMFG what have you done to the functionality ?? did you use monkeys to test it ?It took me several minutes to even find the login button and i have yet to figure out how to logout

I shall copy my post from another thread.
As for the new site and forum I do like the look of it, but the window in which one types a message seems to be a bit small, especially when quoting someone.EDIT: Also at he bottom of the forum is this "info center" which lists all the stats, moderators etc. I think it is a little bit to big. The list of moderators and staff could be horizontal and not vertical, this way it would take less space.Keep up the good work!
As for the main forum I think that general categories(like The Witcher 2, Rise of the White Wolf etc) should stand out more. Right now I notice more often the sub-categories of every main forum, maybe due to the colors(main forums should be of a darker colour and of a bigger size compared to the sub-forums?).Hope my post was helpful!

Please put your comments here -> http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28598.0Use this topic for suggestions only

My quick 2 cents worth: -Make time specific stuff permanently visible. -Spoiler Sub-forums, perhaps listed by Chapter -Provide larger box for typing -Provide at least one page that lists all forums and sub-forums with times/dates -Provide more tools, such as bulletsGotta say, I am seriously impressed on how quick you guys jumped on this. You would get a thumbs up emoticon, if we had 'em ;)

I voted I hate it but would have voted for I don’t like it if there was an option.Suggestions below.No home page to click on so we know we are on the home page.The bar on the bottom should be removed.Home page writing should be smaller so we can see most of it in one page if possible.Picture of new Geralt (Supposed to be rough image of Geralt)should be removed from main pages, maybe put picture of witcher symbol or some other picture as new Geralt image is offensive to some people.Remove the Read more so we can see the whole post.Remove most of the mouse over options to see info.Put some colour on a few buttons so it is not all black or grey.After posting open the same page.Edit: Enter the time of posting next to the date.That’s all for now.

My suggestions:1.Bring back emoticons. It really allows the user to read sarcasm.2.Please let us see the latest forum topics without having to mouse-over the forum title. 3.Also, remove the mouse-over to see the buttons to modify, delete, or respond to a post.4.Allow us to read more than a few lines before the Read More hides the rest of the message or remove it in its entirety. 5.More utilities in the toolbox when creating a message. (IE: list, ect)6.Allow us to use pictures in sigs and in forum messages.7.Make a clear distinction between the sticky and non-sticky topics. It could be confusing to some, also.8. Also, there is no link to the Sapkowski forum under the Community section of the Witcher (PC) International Forum, but there is a link to the native forums. A user has to go into the community board to get to that forum.

I find the basic buttons difficult to find. For example, it took me /some time/ to find the login button, and again, quite a while to find how to logout. These buttons should be obvious.this may be a personal preference, but i do not like having stuff appear and disappear on me, so the context sensitive stuff is a total waste for people like me. i used to use the fact that i could see at a glance who had posted last to a topic without having to mouse over stuff , to decide what i would read first.the background graphics are nice -- no complaints about those... and as i find stuff that annoys me, i'll come back and post it hereah! here's one -- NOT fond of the "read more" truncation of posts

The visuals are nice, but the functionality really suffered compared to the old style:pls lose the "Read more" button. It's kind of annoying to click on that button for 4-6times per page only to read a whole page.-Re-implement post&replies count on the forum view. It's much easier to identify popular threads fast with the old system. Moving the mouse over *every* thread on the page only to find the popular ones is also kind of annoying.

Hi @all, I admit I voted for hate it, for several reasons...1. white font on black screen is awful to read, my eyes hurt after 10 min - put in the possibility to change that2. that damned "read more" button - remove it entirely. I want to see the WHOLE post not just the quote of the quote. And since it doesn´t save space so more posts would fit onto one side its absolutely unnecessary!3. put back smileys/emoticons, pics of the sigs and avatars plus other font sizes and colours - that was there for a reason...4. enlarge the window to type in5. remove those mouse-over-effects and put the information visibly there6. Many claimed they had trouble to find the login button, I haven´t seen that either and since it´s quite a necessary feature make it easy to find - I hate it if I got to search the complete website for such a trivial thing7. I had a hard time to find my profile only to find out that I actually can´t change it since it´s written in Polish - I´m not...8. Insert the possibility to change back to the old design/layout for those who absolutely don´t like itI´ll post more when I find more things I don´t like...The only nice thing is the pic of Geralt (old style ;) ) in the backgroundEDIT: I found sth that HAS to be changed: When I change language from English to German it is NOT possible to get to this forum. I have to change back to English then it works. That´s stupid. So that´s my point # 9...

Get rid of the 'read more' option, it is awful, for example when there are 2 quotes there is no message to be read at first sight, it is all quote + quote and you have to click to read the actual message, you have to be always clicking to read the forum.... :(

I like the visuals, but the functionality is not so greatForum
  • too dark, the former gray background with black text for posts was better readable
  • I miss emoticons, lists, embedded graphics as in the signature, and other functions more for individualizing the posts
  • online state of the user should be always visible (not only via mouse over; green/red a little bit less shining)
  • separation of the boards by language is a good idea inprinciple, but actually it separates the users from their posts when they are not only writing in one language (example: I can't access Community >> Native while using DE, only via my profile, my mail notifications or with EN I can enter it
  • And I have problems with the search option. Does it really only searches in the actual thread respectively chosen language board?! Is there no global search or an enhanced option? (Edit1)
German
  • the first sentences in the translation of the HELD text are nonsense, see http://tw1.thewitcher.com/#hero and attachment TW1-hero. Please edit.
  • Polish text in profile "Wybierz obrazek z listy:" = "Bild aus der Liste auswählen:", see attachment TW-forum_profile. And where is the this list/function itself?! (btw: in EN this is rather the same)
Edit3: state of affairs updated. done:
  • larger box for typing
  • read more / hide text sucks. Leave it, please. Or... How about a setting option in the profile? Example: set=300 cut after 300 signs, set=999 never cut/show all; limit it from 300 to 2000
  • timestamps (time for new entries I miss actually; date&time for edited posts I didn't saw at all)
  • I miss former functions like "unread answers to my posts" (Edit2: Ah, I found it - top right under Search >> Filter, hehe)

The forum is absolutely unreadable and unusable. I cannot continue reading it if it will look like this.

Forum veteran
Love Visuals, Hate functionality, but that'll be fixed hopefully.Now, for some changes I need to mention:- Since this is a complete overhaul, why keep some of the old visuals? Talking mainly about Karma badges and Registered game icon. Latter can wait (obviously), but former and others too should have a modern look about 'em too. Its just like you said with Geralt, put the old render in the new game and it sticks out, doesn't fit. I say change everything for the better.- There isn't much distinction between RED members & Moderators from other members. The RED and BLUE (if intended that way) should be distinct like in the old forum. While the symbols to the right are attractive, they divert our attention and should be placed elsewhere even if on a smaller scale.- New functions or visuals like the 3 type posts above the text formats here on replying I simply do not understand. Maybe some messages (short ones) detailing their, and others, function could really help out.- Text color options would be welcome. Eg: To change both text color to black and background grey texture to accommodate text color in settings. It would benefit those who find reading in this inverted style difficult. I find it simple, but maybe age, sight and/or preference matters.- Lastly and simply put: Dates Modified are missing. Important feature used for decisiveness.I think that's all for now since my comrades have mentioned almost all else already. I see much potential here so don't be afraid of change. (MAN, do I miss my smilies at the end of every post. Sheesh!)

Suggestion:- Remove the "Read more"-button - it's just annoying to click a dozen times on each page to be able to read the posts as a whole.- The "Mouse over"-functionality is a bit confusing, it might be better to make some (maybe not all) options visible without having to move the mouse over parts of the page.

Guest 2005166

Greetings. The new visuals look great, but actually that's pretty much about it. I quote Elawen, as she already wrote down what's a wee bitty disturbing and I'll add my few cents - If you allow me.
Elawen said:
1. white font on black screen is awful to read, my eyes hurt after 10 min - put in the possibility to change that
That darker look actually didn´t disturb me that much, but it's not really a plus für readability here. The former background was more pleasing to the eye.
2. that damned "read more" button - remove it entirely.
Yes, it's becoming a nuisance. When I want to read, I want to read - and that til the end of someones post without ending up in a click orgy, just to read the last few lines someone wrote.
3. put back smileys/emoticons, pics of the sigs and avatars plus other font sizes and colours - that was there for a reason...
Thumbs up for that. We want witcherly smilies! And the other stuff.
4. enlarge the window to type in
Yes. I don't want to start typing my posts in word to see the big picture!
5. remove those mouse-over-effects and put the information visibly there
Yeah, I like to see who's online right away, and actually the only mouse over effect I think, which is okay here is the one you get when moving the cursor over the Avatar. But reply? insert quote? Online status? well, better have that solid.
6. Many claimed they had trouble to find the login button, I haven´t seen that either and since it´s quite a necessary feature make it easy to find - I hate it if I got to search the complete website for such a trivial thing7. I had a hard time to find my profile only to find out that I actually can´t change it since it´s written in Polish -
Didn't disturb me that much, but yes, it took some while til I got that, too. What's with that black space on the left hand side? True, it's more "stylish" not to add too much stuff to the page, but honestly this space now is now just black space. I´m not a person, which likes huge adds or something like that there, butI also would have appreciated if the profile stuff would have found some place there.
8. Insert the possibility to change back to the old design/layout for those who absolutely don´t like it
That's at least something you can call a "compromise". ;-)But it's also not a solution really - then we also can switch back to the old forum style rightaway and leave it at that. I vote more for a solution, which does design changes to the new one.
The only nice thing is the pic of Geralt (old style ;) ) in the background
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php - t his one? Except that also the forum section below Geralt could be a bit "adjusted" and that it also got that evil mouse overs, I'm for it. OR do you mean this http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?board=133.0 - I mean the fight scene and the logo is really cool, but also stealing a bit much space, which was also used for the board before. I wonder if this also could still look cool, if the bg-images were a bit smaller and rearranged?It's nice to know about NEWS, TWITTER etc. but this bar could find it's place elsewhere - (I already hear someone screaming, that this is the style and it was meant to be this way!) Uhm... mouse over - anyone? ;-)
EDIT: I found sth that HAS to be changed: When I change language from English to German it is NOT possible to get to this forum. I have to change back to English then it works. That´s stupid. So that´s my point # 9...
Oh oh... true. >.

"Read more" IS annoying. If it needs to be put, then put it after a longer block of text, say 10 lines. 4-5 lines of text is too small.

1) Please, remove "read more" button. 2) Please, make all tools visible.3) Please, put back the descriptions of the subforums where "new posts" come from. 4) Emoticons, please? 5) Please, remove (or move it to the left corner) the bar in the bottom.That will be all, thank you.

I like the visual aspects of this new forum but there are also some things that make me cringe (and apparently other users in this thread as well).• "Read More": Enough people told you that already so get rid of it :pOverview: Don't just list every subforum one below another. At least indent the "main" subforum a bit or use a different color for them or something.• Pictures: I want my signature pic back D: Why is it only visible in my profile? What's the point of that?• BBCodes: What the heck happened to them? Did you break them on purpose? For example, I can't use something like [color][/color] anymore ...• Latest replies: Please make a button like in the old forum where you can see new replies in topics where you have posted as well.

Top Bottom