Freeze problems in Flotzan tavern

+
Freeze problems in Flotzan tavern

I purchased last week a Steam copy of TW2.
My system is a
Quad core Q9550, 8 GB RAM (maybe they are in a dual channel.. im not sure)
Gigabyte 650Ti Boost 2GB

I will attach the report CPU-Z and dxdiag report

I had an issue entering Flotsan tavern, following Jaskier, when I tried to talk with anybody inside tavern, the game froze, got black screen and a miniloop of frozen music played.

I "solved" this issue just lowering the specs to LOWEST possible, and was able to talk merigold jaskier and the dwarf. But when the peasant enters warning about the kayran, the game freezes again, no black screen, just que cinematics freezes, music loops oddly.
If I skip the cinematic just ending the dialog with jaskier, the screen goes to the loading screen, nut it nevers exists.. no music, no sound, no new screen.

I have a 16:9 monitor.. playing at 1920:1080, tried to play at 1280:1024 and lower settings, but no luck..

Can somebody here help me? please, I'm a little pissed at the moment...

First check your hardware temp. your mainboard should automatically shutdown your system if CPU temp goes high. use softwares like MSI afterburner to monitor your video card's temp in different load.
apart from that, also check your game cache. the problem could be related to Steam.

Try lowering the resolution to 1600 x 900 or 1280 x 720 and windowed as a start . Also verify the game cache files through Steam . Also if the above do not work then try loading an earlier save .

Oddly as it sounds, the problem with the Kayran Intro solved with time...

I decided to let the program solve its owns personality problems....
It seems that the witcher client decided to take a Valium on this cinematic...so.. I let the effects run out..
I left the program open and in black screen for almost 15 minutes (no kidding, more than 15, less than 30)
and I found that I was in a dialogue waiting for my input.

WEIRD!

I managed to advance a bit... and when I try to enter again the tavern to talk to jaskier about the trol.... frozen again...
I will try to lower settings again...

This game is making the experience un-enjoyable

Thanks for your input gentlemen

BlackLeopard said:
First check your hardware temp. your mainboard should automatically shutdown your system if CPU temp goes high. use softwares like MSI afterburner to monitor your video card's temp in different load.
apart from that, also check your game cache. the problem could be related to Steam.

Temps are fine, I will try to check the cache... but... how it's done? Should I delete the game cache from all my steamapps?
I run every week or so a CCCLeaner (Not a defrag, as my games run in a SSD)..
how can I check/rebuild the game cache?

EDIT: OK, I found the option... I will try if it fixed something later.

Top Bottom