Full Combat Rebalance Mod for The Witcher 2 is out!

+
The changes sound great, especially "Moved more quality items from quest rewards to shops and distributed them among Chapters.
Player should be encouraged to regulary spend money in shops.
• Decreased buying cost of swords and armors. Player should be able to buy items more often, not
hoard money."
I hated it doing the quest for the armors in the last chapter but not having enough mone to buy them.

Hi everyone

Bugs expierienced:
- abilities magical vigor and footwark don`t give any benefits.
- still I can`t craft a unique weapons (on the Dark level).

Suggestions:
- fist fighting is way too easy. Most of the opponents falls very quickly even on the "ring fights".
- magic skills are really too much packed, for example fighting with nekkers with using igni in Capter 1 looks more like a massacre than a demanding fight. Vigor is regenerating too fast. Anyone who is looking for a challenge shouldn`t spent talents on magic skills.

Game is updated to v1.1a

I've looked around here, and around the internet for information on installing this for Mac (on Steam). Is that possible at this time? Apologies if I missed this somewhere, and thanks for all the hard work!

By the way, I just bought Witcher 2, so I am sure there will be plenty of fun in the "Vanilla" version. However, in addition to all the other awesome-sounding changes, in particular the changes to Magic use (which I tend to prefer), and the removal of XP grinding, makes this mod sound very appealing to what I like in games. So fingers crossed!! :)

I am also wondering if this MOD will have Mac support. I sure hope so…… :)

Hi everyone

Bugs expierienced:
- abilities magical vigor and footwark don`t give any benefits.
- still I can`t craft a unique weapons (on the Dark level).

Suggestions:
- fist fighting is way too easy. Most of the opponents falls very quickly even on the "ring fights".
- magic skills are really too much packed, for example fighting with nekkers with using igni in Capter 1 looks more like a massacre than a demanding fight. Vigor is regenerating too fast. Anyone who is looking for a challenge shouldn`t spent talents on magic skills.

Game is updated to v1.1a

Nekkers should be easily dispatched with Igni, that's fine. I first thought too that Igni was too powerful but then progressing in the acts I actually changed my mind. The mod is very well structured: for example humans with shields or heavy armor (or creatures with similar characteristics, as endregas, golems or gargoyles) are very resistent to Igni effects, so the game balances very well as you go on.

Both the magic and alchemy path are very powerful but later some encounters are still challenging in dark mode (but maybe until after a point, late act II, the progression is somewhat easy, yes, given the kind of creatures). What instead I find lackluster is swordmanship in comparison.

As for the bugs, casting signs is still irresponsive when mixed with sword attacks. Many times Geralts simply blocks after an attack and the input to cast is not recognized. Same happens after a parry. It's really a shame because apart this issue the mod is much more fluid than vanilla for what it concerns combat.

Last edited:
Ok after downloading and installing/activating the mod (areas) I get the compiling scripts error again. If I deactivate the mod it works,... Any advice how to fix it?

Same here.

Applocale setting to polski did not fix it.
Only disabling the mod let game start; but obviously not as fun...

guys, thare's samething that i don't understand:

I have installed this awsome mod and I activated it with the usercontentmanager but i have a problem with bomb and potion recipe.
No vendor sell its so this should be normal: "Geralt no longer buys witcher specific recipes from random merchants"
And so, this mean that ther's an ability for remember potions and bombs? But where? In my ability tree there's no one ability for "remember" So i can't do any potions or bombs so i can't play the game..... sameone can help me, please?

:(

Hi villa, it's the second ability in the alchemy tree (third if you count the freebies), herbalism IIRC, the one you have to chose if you want to advance in the tree. Once you spend a talent there, you get a bunch of scrolls with all the potions and bombs.

download link gives:

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If the latest excitement about The Witcher 3 has you itching to go back and play through The Witcher 2 all over again, we have some great news for you. Andrzej Kwiatkowski, Gameplay Designer at CD Projekt RED (formerly known among the modding community as Flash) has just released his newest creation – Full Combat Rebalance for The Witcher 2! The modification brings a lot of changes to the combat system as well as addresses some general bugs. According to Flash, his main goal was to increase Geralt’s responsiveness and mobility. You can download the mod from here and read the full change log here.​

can u tell what is the use of this mod, u told "Full Combat Rebalance Mod" so what that means, witcher will wont die,witcher will have infinite signs,witcher will have zero toxicity,witcher will have infinite medallion,?

can u tell what is the use of this mod, u told "Full Combat Rebalance Mod" so what that means, witcher will wont die,witcher will have infinite signs,witcher will have zero toxicity,witcher will have infinite medallion,?
Answer is none of the above . FCR 2 is for those who want harder combat or I should say a better balanced combat .

Wimpy Dark Mode Armour Sets

Hello all, and thank you Flash for this very necessary mod!!

So, I have found one thing that I don't like so far with this mode; the Dark Mode Armour sets seem to have been dumbed-down to a degree where there is really no point or FUN in going to all the trouble of crafting them. Why was this done and is there a way to modify the attributes back to the way they were originally?

Thanks,

Daniel Porter.

Hey,

I decided to replay Witcher2 with this mod (playing on Hard), but I have to wonder is this mode broken with current version of the game?

At first everything was wrong, I was killing everyone in 1-2 fast hits and I was taking no damage. Then I read somewhere here that mod is wrongly installed with GOG version of the game, so I downloaded the mod and installed it again. I have noticed some changes with the version of the mode that comes with the game and I stopped killing enemies with one blow, but then I killed Crab-spider with 3 Igni hits and the boss under psychiatric hospital with one slash.
So it would seem bosses fights are not correct.

What is your experience with the mod and Enhanced Edition ??

Top Bottom